DSlnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there,

I accidentally bricked my Wii with Preloader 0.28 installed.
(Turned of the Wii while dumping a game on my hard drive).
what should I do?

Thank you

PS: I heard i should find the systemmenu wad for 4.0, but it is unfindable for the PAL version :'(

DSlnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Please, I need help
frown.gif

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you hold reset while booting up, do you get the preloader menu, if so from there you can boot into the homebrew channel and run a v4.0 updater which should repair it.

Edit: If you're on 3.2 just run any region changer and reinstall the system menu

Otherwise how far into the startup does your wii go, do you just get a black screen or do you get the health warning, if you get the health warning does it ask you to press A?

DSlnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
andrewhan4 said:
If you hold reset while booting up, do you get the preloader menu, if so from there you can boot into the homebrew channel and run a v4.0 updater which should repair it.

Edit: If you're on 3.2 just run any region changer and reinstall the system menu

Otherwise how far into the startup does your wii go, do you just get a black screen or do you get the health warning, if you get the health warning does it ask you to press A?

Yes, I have acces to the Homebrew channel by using Preloader.
When I turn the Wii on normally, just a black screen with "System files corrupted". The text of the black screen isn't very "clean" (looks like some bits of the image are missing and so on)
So I just install 4.0 again by using waninkoko's installer?

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah using the updater should install another copy of 4.0 system menu, which will fix your problem

Otherwise you could run IOS Downgrader (no need to do this if you have trucha signed IOS's), then run any region changer and install system menu 3.2

DSlnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just tried to use waninkoko's 4.0 installer, it immediately asks me to restart my Wii (after the press a to continue thingy)

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, this methord will work:

Otherwise you could run IOS Downgrader (no need to do this if you have trucha signed IOS's), then run any region changer and install system menu 3.2

When you run any region changer in 4.0 you get an error on startup but it does work, I found it gave me the mismatching region error too as it couldn't read the system menu I was using, but after installing 3.2E it was fine

you'll just have to update to 4.0 afterwards

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DSlnik said:
Do I install the hacks with anyregionchanger?

Yep, they are starfall type hacks so they'll give you recovery type functions. If your going to stright upgrade to 4.0 afterwards tho it doesn't matter as they'll get overwritten

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing to remember, once your done preloader will be gone, if you reinstall it run the hacks remover program first.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taik said:
I have the same problem and in fact we don't internet connection -__-"

I take it you've got an internet connection, just not to your wii.

If you're on system menu 3.2 then you can fix it with wad manager and a system menu 3.2 wad for your region

If you're on system menu 4.0 i'd suggest that you find a wad for ios 30 v1040 and install that over the top of ios 30 first, ios 30 was stubbed for 4.0 as 4.0 uses ios 60 and I don't know how system menu 3.2 would cope with a stubbed ios

Posts merged

QUOTE(DSlnik @ Apr 4 2009, 10:35 AM) Worked!
You saved my Wii
smile.gif

Great, now don't break it again!
rolleyes.gif

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
andrewhan4 said:
One thing to remember, once your done preloader will be gone, if you reinstall it run the hacks remover program first.

hack remover doesn't work on 4.0 yet...

but why don't you just install preloader 0.29 and try with booting from another ios... if ios30 works you could downgrade to 3.2 and remove ios 60 reinstall ios 60 and reinstall 4.0...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone