Hacking Usb Loader with Ipod

drzgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys im kinda new here but i have been on the forums in guest mode for about a month. Now i have a question that i haven't found a useful answer for. I would like to know if its possible to use a ipod for the usb loader because i cant seem to get it to work. Please help and thanks in advance.

camar3na

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it should work, but you may lose all the data on it. just get it on hard drive mode (check the users manual) and read the usbloader tutorial on the first page.

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had no luck getting my iPod to work.

I've tried all manner of things to try and get my 80gig iPod video working and so far it hasn't. The farthest I've gotten is having the loader actually recognize the iPod as a USB device and list the partition for formatting. I select the partition, hit A to format, it says format was successful but then tells me I have 0.00 gigs free and 0.00 gigs used.

I would wager a guess that if someone were able to format a WBFS partition in linux it MAY work, but I wouldn't count on it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing something on it anyway; the program simply doesn't list the free/used space correctly no matter what kind of drive you use.

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Try installing something on it anyway; the program simply doesn't list the free/used space correctly no matter what kind of drive you use.

Should have mentioned that I did try installing a game on it anyway, always gives me a code dump and upon reboot and re-entering the loader tells me a WBFS partition is not found and prompts for me to format again.

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this problem as well. Has anyone had any luck formatting an iPod to WBFS and put isos on it? If so, could you please explain how you did it?

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
ipods are SCSI over USB. It's a slightly different mass storage driver.
It's like when I was trying to use an iPod on my GP2X as a USB HDD it didn't have the right driver for that type of USB Mass storage device.

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokeparadox said:
ipods are SCSI over USB. It's a slightly different mass storage driver.
It's like when I was trying to use an iPod on my GP2X as a USB HDD it didn't have the right driver for that type of USB Mass storage device.

That's interesting; any ideas on how to fix this, though?

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've read that the iPod needs a different USB Mass Storage driver, but where would I get these, and how would they work with WBFS/USB Loader?

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ripped out the 30 gig HDD from my broken 5G ipod and bought a enclosure for it today. when it comes, ill let you know how that works. its a toshiba 1.8"

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok heres a quick answer ive been looking sine last night to find away to get this to work with ipod and found that there is no way to get an ipod to work with this(ubs loader)now if they come out with it in the future then cool but like it was stated in othe posts its a different usb storage driver .
other wise just a code dump

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk i have the i have preloader.28 + cioscorp+cios36r9 and when i go to install a game on it i get a code dump on my 30g

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.