OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ok let's hope this will be as clear as a smile on a cute face
wink.gif

Internet Install :
1- rename (rev8.dol to boot.dol) and put it in a folder (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and put it in (APPs) folder .
2- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and run it .
3- when prompt choose internet install and it should do it
wink.gif

Wad Install :
1- rename (rev8.dol to boot.dol) and put it in a folder (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and put it in (APPs) folder .
2- put (IOS36-64-v1042.wad) in the root of SD Card .
3- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and run it .
4- when prompt choose Wad install and it should do it
wink.gif

enjoy and regards from Big Moe
wink.gif

many thanks to a good buddy and a great Wii Warrior Waninkoko
grog.gif

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi!
I got a few questions. A while ago, like last november i softmodded my wii following one of the tutorials on this site. I'm starting the backup launcher gamma from my hbc and start my backups from there. i also had to run a cios installer back then. most of the games worked with that, except those that give the error 001/002. my backup launcher gamma tells me i have ios 249 installed. now to fix this error thing i went around and installed the ios36 rev8. was that even the right thing to do, because i saw many people talking about how that update is not needed and stuff. how do i find out what ios i have installed?

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
ok let's hope this will be as clear as a smile on a cute face
wink.gif

Internet Install :
2- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and run it .
3- when prompt choose internet install and it should do it
wink.gif

Wad Install :
2- put (IOS36-64-v1042.wad) in the root of SD Card .
3- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and run it .
4- when prompt choose Wad install and it should do it
wink.gif

enjoy and regards from Big Moe
wink.gif

many thanks to a good buddy and a great Wii Warrior Waninkoko
grog.gif

Big Moe,

Any chance of updating your instructions and the installer pack that you created to include this step?

D

Deleted User

I know I may look like a noob by saying this but....

YOUR GUIDE ROCKS DUDE!!!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
antimatter said:
Hi!
I got a few questions. A while ago, like last november i softmodded my wii following one of the tutorials on this site. I'm starting the backup launcher gamma from my hbc and start my backups from there. i also had to run a cios installer back then. most of the games worked with that, except those that give the error 001/002. my backup launcher gamma tells me i have ios 249 installed. now to fix this error thing i went around and installed the ios36 rev8. was that even the right thing to do, because i saw many people talking about how that update is not needed and stuff. how do i find out what ios i have installed?
there is Gamma loaders with 001/002 fix integrated as well as channels that you can install
wink.gif
,IOS36_rev8 I do recommend to install , and you can use Anytitledeleter to view what has been installed on your system with out deleting anything
wink.gif

kublai said:
Big Moe,
Any chance of updating your instructions and the installer pack that you created to include this step?
It's coming in Big Moe's Installer v4 with many goodies to talk about right now , but the tutorials updates will be there
wink.gif
thanks for the concern
wink.gif

afif95 said:
I know I may look like a noob by saying this but....
YOUR GUIDE ROCKS DUDE!!!
thanks afif you are never a noob but a good helping tool that this forum have
grog.gif

QUOTE(shadoxXx @ Mar 15 2009, 05:23 PM)
this sucking "guide" doesnt even deserve the name "guide"
oh sorry bro , I've never realized that my finger went through your @ss to force you to read this guide , it is simple but helpful to many people that don't have your awesome skills , and didn't master the Wii hacking methods like your @ss did , so please except my deep apologies and I will pull my finger out as soon as I get a chance to
wink.gif
peace

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
BIG MOE said:
there is Gamma loaders with 001/002 fix integrated as well as channels that you can install
wink.gif
,IOS36_rev8 I do recommend to install , and you can use Anytitledeleter to view what has been installed on your system with out deleting anything
wink.gif

ah okay. so now i can play games that have the 001/2 error with my old backup launcher gamma? what are the downsides of this ios36_rev8 anyway?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
antimatter said:
BIG MOE said:
wink.gif
wink.gif

ah okay. so now i can play games that have the 001/2 error with my old backup launcher gamma? what are the downsides of this ios36_rev8 anyway?
no down sides , but you still have to get the Gamma loader that have 002 fix , either in a ( dol file ) or in a ( channel ) along with installing this ( cIOS36_rev8 ) good luck
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Bobbarooskie said:
Nice guide, much appreciated!
you welcome buddy , the idea is to make things simple and easy for everyone , and I thinks I did that here , and always been glad to help the community
wink.gif
peace

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
antimatter said:
BIG MOE said:
wink.gif
wink.gif

no down sides , but you still have to get the Gamma loader that have 002 fix , either in a ( dol file ) or in a ( channel ) along with installing this ( cIOS36_rev8 ) good luck
wink.gif

No you dont! The whole point of CIOS36 Rev 8 is that you DO NOT need Gamma with 002 Fix. The CIOS has a fix for 001 and 002 errors.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
sgwiiboy said:
BIG MOE said:
antimatter said:
BIG MOE said:
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

No you dont! The whole point of CIOS36 Rev 8 is that you DO NOT need Gamma with 002 Fix. The CIOS has a fix for 001 and 002 errors.
theoretically you are correct , however pikmin only worked somehow with 002 fixed Gamma Channel and I'm checking why is that happened though cIOS36_ver8 should have solved it , once this one is solved then you are %100 correct
wink.gif

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Bobbarooskie said:
you welcome buddy , the idea is to make things simple and easy for everyone , and I thinks I did that here , and always been glad to help the community
wink.gif
peace

I don't care what anyone else says, but I used your guide and pak you put together on 4 Wiis and they all worked prefect. After using your guide and installing the latest IOS36_rev8 I'm able to test the latest releases without the #02 errors.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
kublai said:
BIG MOE said:
Bobbarooskie said:
wink.gif
peace

I don't care what anyone else says, but I used your guide and pak you put together on 4 Wiis and they all worked prefect. After using your guide and installing the latest IOS36_rev8 I'm able to test the latest releases without the #02 errors.
thanks again buddy , happy for the results
wink.gif

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a "IOSXX" noobs question..
unsure.gif
is this guide useful to enable old firmares ( like mine 3.1 U ) to play games that requires newer Firmwares? Like Madworld, Sonic and the Black knight etc?
If that s the case thank you very much , I have a Wasabi V3 wich blocks updates, but even so the game gave me a goooood black screen, and i was wondering if something like this would help. I dont use soft loaders, jsut the chip.

Thanks!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this will not help with those games. What you need to do with those older games is to extract the IOSes you need from the disc itself (there are 3, do a search to find their exact numbers as I can't remember them off the top of my head)

You just need WUFE, or FTPii to extract them from the wii, or using wiiscrubber if you plan on pulling the updates from an ISO file.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Azariel_z said:
unsure.gif
is this guide useful to enable old firmares ( like mine 3.1 U ) to play games that requires newer Firmwares? Like Madworld, Sonic and the Black knight etc?
If that s the case thank you very much , I have a Wasabi V3 wich blocks updates, but even so the game gave me a goooood black screen, and i was wondering if something like this would help. I dont use soft loaders, jsut the chip.

Thanks!
you need to do softmod along with your modchip to be able to play those games , cause you have to install this cIOS36_rev8 along with IOS38,53,and 55 and to do so you have to have TPH and HBC to run WadManager1.3 for installation , to obtain such installer please click on the first link in my signature
wink.gif
good luck

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
Azariel_z said:
unsure.gif

Thanks!
you need to do softmod along with your modchip to be able to play those games , cause you have to install this cIOS36_rev8 along with IOS38,53,and 55 and to do so you have to have TPH and HBC to run WadManager1.3 for installation , to obtain such installer please click on the first link in my signature
wink.gif
good luck

Ops, I forgot to mention I already had the HBC and the twilight hack ( I just dont use loaders to play backup ) ,

So as i understood, what I need is to install those IOS mentioned above ( cIOS36_rev8 along with IOS38,53,and 55 ) each one as a wad... is there any order to install them? Also, do I need to repeat the procedure everytime to enable the game ( like is this patchign the menu temporary or permanent? ) Oh, and thanks for the answers. Already helps a lot a guide for "noobs", is 50% work done.
grog.gif

morbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i need to uninstall IOS rev 7 with AnyTitleDeleter and then install rev 8 or it overwrites the previous installation?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Azariel_z said:
BIG MOE said:
Azariel_z said:
unsure.gif

Thanks!
wink.gif
good luck

Ops, I forgot to mention I already had the HBC and the twilight hack ( I just dont use loaders to play backup ) ,

So as i understood, what I need is to install those IOS mentioned above ( cIOS36_rev8 along with IOS38,53,and 55 ) each one as a wad... is there any order to install them? Also, do I need to repeat the procedure everytime to enable the game ( like is this patchign the menu temporary or permanent? ) Oh, and thanks for the answers. Already helps a lot a guide for "noobs", is 50% work done.
grog.gif
you can install cIOS36_rev8 following the guide on the first page and for the rest of the IOSs just install each WAD at a time using the WadManager1.3
wink.gif

QUOTE(morbo @ Mar 16 2009, 05:44 PM)
So i need to uninstall IOS rev 7 with AnyTitleDeleter and then install rev 8 or it overwrites the previous installation?
you don't have to delete it the cIOS36_rev8 Will over write it
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up