OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I made this plea before with little to no actual response from the staff. I would like an opportunity to make a second post and perhaps persuade a change.

Acekard now has 3 active products on the market, the Acekard 2.1, R.P.G. and 2i. All of these products can currently be purchased. All of these products are still receiving regular updates from both official and homebrew sources. I ask again that the Acekard family of products is given their own subsection in the “Clients, Loaders & Firmware” section.

The following files are currently mirrored here at GBATemp.

Acekard 2 Official Firmware: 19 files
Acekard 2 Custom Firmware: 2 files (Bliss OS)
Acekard R.P.G. Official Firmware: 11 files
Acekard R.P.G. Custom Firmware: 30 files
AKAIO (Acekard All-In-One) Custom Firmware: 10 files

Miscellaneous related firmware files: 4 files

This is a total of 76 files for the Acekard products! Take a look at some of the other subsections of this area. The eWin series has 10 files, NinjaDS had 2 files, DS-Extreme has 9 files, DSLink has 18 files, etc. Many of the subsections are for kits which are no longer updated. Some of the kits are very hard to find for sale anymore, yet they still have their own subsection.

Team Acekard, Normmatt, Smiths, and Gelu have all shown that they are sticking around. The company has great customer support, a great attitude towards the scene, and produces a product that they stand behind with a 1yr warranty. This is a kit that is here to stay for the long haul. Let us not forget they were also first to the commercial market with a DSI kit. This team and the talented programmers behind the various firmwares deserve a subsection to call home.

Thank you,
-Another World

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny, I borrowed a friend's Acekard 2 today. I have no idea how it works, however it does work (a little more info on how it works would be nice). I still miss my Cyclo which I lend to this other friend.
I'm an Acekard2 user myself I support the idea.

Reason for edit: Grammar

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're talking about the downloads section?

Making a plea is silly--none of the other cards had to go through some sort of review process. Even DS-X has its own section. If they haven't gotten around to adding one yet, it has nothing to do with Acekard and everything to do with being lazy. You're making all these arguments about its merits when you need to hassle whomever has the permissions to make the change.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
dib said:
you need to hassle whomever has the permissions to make the change.

tell narin if he doesn't do it then smiths will be mean to him

wait...
unsure.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I quite agree and I'll be up to the challenge to helping you move all of the Acekard firmware files to their respective correct folders.

I've got a few complaints about a lot of the categorization in the Download Center so I shall be speaking with Narin or Costello later and will get a few things more organized.

AW, we all appreciate your concern and you shouldn't have to post a long plea to get a somewhat minor detail fixed on the website.
A lot of people on the staff have been here for years and years and maybe aren't as active as they once were, though I'm not calling them lazy.
Decisions from the GBAtemp staff may take a bit of time to come up with, may be ignored by a number of staff, or just may go completely ignored and given no attention.
Just push for what you want, and if it's got something to do with something like this (adding a new sub-category), then just let me know so me and you can team up and relentlessy badger and pester the staff until someone gets around to doing it (that method works best lol).
smile.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that having an Acekard section would help a lot. I think even just one subsection would be enough, though I think optimally I think something like AKAIO/Official AK2&2i/RPG would suffice as well as sub-sub sections.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A well suported device deserves its own section, plus its getting more popular.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
God idea and good job

On that note, I think we definitely need more sections for the Wii in the download centre!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OSW said:
God idea and good job

On that note, I think we definitely need more sections for the Wii in the download centre!
Thanks for all your suggestions everyone. While they are all taken into consideration, some may not be worthwhile for us in the long run, as we have plans to drastically improve the Download Centre in the latter half of 2009.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.