Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kyt3glacius0.png
Welcome to the fourth KYT session...
Glacius0 is the Temper in the spotlight today.

Please read the following in the quotes below:
KYT Info said:
Know Your Temps Info

- KYT is a quirky activity that helps us to get to know our fellow Tempers even better in an exciting, chaotic manner!

- Ask the Temper in the current KYT anything you want (well, not anything!) Doesn't matter what you ask - personal life, GBAtemp/internet life, pet peeves, musical tastes, "what if" situations...

- Post all your questions in one, solid post, please.

- The Temper in the current KYT spotlight answers the questions asked (of course, said Temper can skip questions if uncomfortable to answer).

- Please don't ask more than five or so questions.

- KYT sessions last two days; KYT session threads will be closed when the two day period is over.

- A list of Previous/Upcoming KYT sessions is displayed below.

- Those who have an upcoming KYT session will be notified about their upcoming session via PM.

- All the slots for this season's KYT have been taken. Sorry, next season you'll be able to sign up (unless someone gives up their slot this season).
[title:Previous KYT Sessions]Talaria
Orc
Banger
Law
Sc4rFac3d
TrolleyDave
gizmo_gal
miruki
NeSchn
pkprostudio
alex
WB3000
Jax
Sonicslaher
Zamo
Vulpes Abnocto
superdude
charlieiscool12
Daois
NDStemp
NPmetron
dinofan01
mcjones92
Lubbo
Curley5959
Minox_IX
Just Joe
Toni Plutonij
tyuno123

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) What accomplishments or events are you most proud of in your life? (No more than 2, please)

2) Are there any celebrities from your home town? If yes, then who?

3) Which people do you find the most attractive? (up to three. These can be real people or fictional

characters.)

4) What songs can you not get enough of, right now? (Up to three)

5) What are your favorite TV series or movies? (up to five)

6) What animal is your favorite? (Does not have to be a domesticated creature. Doesn't even have to be a real creature)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi! Glacius6.

1.) You've been here for quite some time, was there a period when you took a brake from GBAtemp, and haven't logged in?

2.) Is there any member that you really dislike here, and think that GBAtemp would be better place without?

3.) Do you think that GBAtemp was a better place before?

4.) If do so, why?

Harumy

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) Do you like me?

2) Do you like cookies?

3) Whats your favourite song?

4) Favourite game?

5) Which consoles do you have?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Who ate all the pies?
How long have you been into gaming?
Retro-gaming?
What consoles do you own?
What type of music do you listen to?
Last great movie you saw?
Last shit movie you saw?
If you could kick the crap out of any celebrity who would it be?
I want to know, Have you ever seen the rain comin' down on a sunny day?
Favourite munchie?
Ever got so smashed you woke up somewhere you don't remember going to sleep at?
Frozen or freshly made food?
Home-made or jarred pasta sauce?
Weirdest food you've ever eaten?
Is this alot of questions?

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heya.

1.You know Glacius, what I thnk about this particular matter is that uh, the synthesis of Part A and part B are not coming together properly. Any suggestions?
smileipb2.png

2. Cookies or Chocolate?

3. Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin?

4. Do you like Phoenix Wright?

5. Your offer is 500,000. Deal or No Deal?

Tallyho! Chop Chop Lad!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What is better, pie or cake?

Favorite lolcat?

Does your username come from the character Glacius in the Killer Instinct games?

If so - Do you consider Killer Instinct to be one of the best fighting games for the SNES?

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vulpes Abnocto said:
1) What accomplishments or events are you most proud of in your life? (No more than 2, please)

2) Are there any celebrities from your home town? If yes, then who?

3) Which people do you find the most attractive? (up to three. These can be real people or fictional

characters.)

4) What songs can you not get enough of, right now? (Up to three)

5) What are your favorite TV series or movies? (up to five)

6) What animal is your favorite? (Does not have to be a domesticated creature. Doesn't even have to be a real creature)
1. Learning and now speaking Japanese very fluently. And my second one would be getting just as good at Korean, but I'm still working on that (give me another 6 months) ^^

2. Not unless you know Dutch famous people. I used to live nextdoor to Pia Dijkstra (I live in Korea, Seoul right now).

3. My girlfriend
wink.gif
Ah, who am I kidding, she's not reading this
tongue.gif
But seriously, there aren't really any famous people that I find very attractive. I do have to say though that after having been living in Asia for a year and a half in total I find Westerners less attractive than I used to. People here are very fashionable and have a good figure. Westerners now often look fat and sloppily dressed to me. Of course airbags also count for something, but I prefer a pretty face and good figure.

4. Alright, three songs you guys should check out:

A very famous recent Korean popsong that you hear a lot in clubs:
Wondergirls - So Hot
A song in English by a Japanese rock band that I like to sing in karaoke:
ELLEGARDEN - Salamander
A random ambient/trance song I recently heard that I like:
evolution featuring jayn hanna - walking on fire [ambient remix]

5. In the last 3 years I've hardly watched any TV so this is kind of hard. A movie I like a lot is "The Game". An anime series I like a lot is "RahXephon". I also love the Japanese anime movie "Princess Mononoke".

6. Not a real creature? You expecting me to name a pokemon or something? I love cats. I live in a dormitory now so I can't have any pets which makes me sad. There's a bar nearby here where the owner has 5 cats walking through the bar. I go there from time to time. It's a nice place.
Toni Plutonij said:
Hi! Glacius6.

1.) You've been here for quite some time, was there a period when you took a brake from GBAtemp, and haven't logged in?

2.) Is there any member that you really dislike here, and think that GBAtemp would be better place without?

3.) Do you think that GBAtemp was a better place before?

4.) If do so, why?
0. I added a 0 to my nickname because Glacius was taken by some inactive random guy I guess.

1. I am actually not a very active forum person. I usually don't register for sites. First I just came on this site randomly through links from other sites. At some point I decided to make going here a regular routine. I think it took another full year (if not more) before I finally registered. Then it probably took another year before I posted somewhat regularly. Makes you wonder why I signed up for this I bet. I like to do things I don't normally do from time to time. Best way to gain new experiences I think.

2. GuruPitka for obviously posting links to websites that he owns that sell flashcarts for a ridiculous price. I don't like people that rip other people off. I tried reporting the guy to a mod but nothing happened. I don't think he'll be back though.

3. Nope. But even though some things improved I also don't think it's radically better now.
Harumy said:
1) Do you like me?

2) Do you like cookies?

3) Whats your favourite song?

4) Favourite game?

5) Which consoles do you have?
1. I like your avatar. Is that good enough?

2. Depends. Korea sells some pretty damn crappy cookies and other candy. I love Japanese chocolate chip cookies though. You can put them in the microwave and they taste almost as if freshly baked.

3. See question 4 of the first poster. I don't really have one favorite song because I like diversity. If I do like a song a lot I will usually grow tired of it after a while.

4. So many games are good. I really loved "Ico". On DS I thought "The World ends with You" was very good. Overlooked Japanese awesome DS games are "Culdcept DS" and "Blazer Drive". Those that like puzzle games should try "suujin taisen" and "Slitherlink". An overlooked great Gamecube game(mode) is the battle mode of "Pikmin 2". It has some crazy depth when you get good at it.

5. I currently don't have a TV so I only carry a DS. Because I travel so much between Asia and The Netherlands it doesn't make much sense for me to own a home console. Luckily the DS has some awesome games. And I'm not restricted by playing just the English stuff because I know Japanese. I have owned a C64, GB, GBA, NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2.
QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Dec 30 2008, 02:39 AM) 1Who ate all the pies?
2How long have you been into gaming?
3Retro-gaming?
4What consoles do you own?
5What type of music do you listen to?
6Last great movie you saw?
7Last shit movie you saw?
8If you could kick the crap out of any celebrity who would it be?
9I want to know, Have you ever seen the rain comin' down on a sunny day?
10Favourite munchie?
11Ever got so smashed you woke up somewhere you don't remember going to sleep at?
12Frozen or freshly made food?
13Home-made or jarred pasta sauce?
14Weirdest food you've ever eaten?
15Is this alot of questions?
1. Probably my girlfriend, she loves pie.

2. I was born in '85. We've always had a Commodore 64 which I would play stuff like Donkey Kong on. I think I was 6 or so when we got an NES. So pretty much always.

3. I grew up playing games you consider retro I guess. But I caught up on missed NES/SNES classics that I didn't have the money for as a kid with emulators.

4. C64, GB, GBA, NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2, DS

5. I like lounge, and trance with female vocals. But I get tired of it pretty quickly too so I don't listen that often. The pop-songs of Korea have grown on my quite a lot since you constantly hear them in the streets.

6. Dark Knight..though I liked the first one better (just because it was original, and maybe a bit better paced).

7. I saw some crappy Korean movie on the train. Nothing happened in it at all. Don't remember the name.

8. George Bush I guess... though I'd rather kick the crap out of everyone who voted for him a 2nd time.

9. That happens a lot in the Netherlands.

10. I don't eat much junk food. Real food tastes better and it only costs 2-3 euro's here to eat out. I guess meat is my junk food here because it's so cheap.

11. I don't fall asleep so easily, so no.

12. I hate frozen vegetables. Anyone that thinks they taste the same is crazy.

13. I tend to start off a pasta with a jarred sauce and then add my own ingredients. Lotsa garlic is always good^^

14. Well, I eat dried squid and octopus here at a daily basis now.. I don't think it's that weird anymore but I guess to most of you it is.

15. Yeah.. this stuff takes more time than I thought.
QUOTE(Galacta @ Dec 30 2008, 02:47 AM)
Heya.

1.You know Glacius, what I thnk about this particular matter is that uh, the synthesis of Part A and part B are not coming together properly. Any suggestions?
smileipb2.png

2. Cookies or Chocolate?

3. Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin?

4. Do you like Phoenix Wright?

5. Your offer is 500,000. Deal or No Deal?

Tallyho! Chop Chop Lad!
1. I do, but unfortunately I think it'll take too much time to explain it to you. Just make sure to use a condom, OK?

2. Japanese Chocolate chip cookies after putting them in the microwave (I never tried with non-Japanese chocochip cookies though...anyone care to try?)

3. Good question. I'm not sure which I prefer. I guess Homer holds a place in my heart from my childhood.

4. Yes, but the games are too slow-paced for my liking so I don't feel like playing the sequels.

5. Deal I guess. I never watched that game show though so I'm not sure how it works. I don't like TV much.

I'll post another reply because I've apparently reached a word limit.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
NDStemp said:
1. How did you come up with your username?

2. Do you like anime?

3. Do you like me?

4. Is my username original? ;D

5.Yes or No

[and a toilet seat cover!]
1. Back when I was a kid I decided I needed a catchy username. The name's from a character of the Arcade/SNES game Killer Instinct. I decided to keep it because I made some good internet friends over time that may some day want to find me again. Mainly people I know from having run a website about playing SNES games online with ZSNES. I'm a pro at a lot of multiplayer SNES games. Especially a SNES fighting game called "Gundam Wing Endless Duel".

2. Yes I do. I like how it's not restricted to reality. A lot of very interesting styles have been achieved with anime that I think deserve more recognition. I'll make a point out of integrating it into games more tightly once I start working at a Japanese game company (which is what I'm currently considering). As mentioned a personal favorite is "RahXephon".

3. Your avatar is cool, and I like Canadians. All the Canadians I've met are really nice people. Also, people often think I'm Canadian.

4. That question is too personal for me to answer
tongue.gif

5. Yes, because if you ever assume that something is no without knowing for sure you're a fool.
Minox_IX said:
1.What is better, pie or cake?

2.Favorite lolcat?

3.Does your username come from the character Glacius in the Killer Instinct games?

4.If so - Do you consider Killer Instinct to be one of the best fighting games for the SNES?
1. You know that question is confusing me a lot because in Korean, Japanese, English, and Dutch, the word "cake" and "pie" all has a different meaning. In Japanese and Korean a "cake" is also a pie. In Dutch a "cake" is only a square golden brown baked breadlike cake with no filling...IF I'm right... So confusing~_~

2. I don't know, sorry. Monorail comes to mind though.

3. Yes, see also the very first question of this post.

4. I used to think that, but I spent a LOT of time playing SNES fighting games online. I know better now. Killer Instinct lacks depth. You have a very limited amount of tactics to confuse your opponent and everything else is just block, counter, combo-breaker. Still it's deeper than your average game I guess. "Gundam Wing Endless Duel" is what I would recommend. Lots of elaborate tactics to confuse your opponent, you need good reflexes, and it's ALWAYS your own fault if you die. Of course there's many good modern fighting games as well but there's something to be said for having simplicity yet good tactics which a lot of modern fighting games are lacking. They are just complicated as hell. Other fighting games on SNES that are definitely better than Killer Instinct are "Dragonball Z Hyper Dimension" and "Street Fighter Alpha 2".
QUOTE(silent sniper @ Dec 30 2008, 08:29 AM)
1Who the fuck are you?
2Will you lick my wenus?
3Do you support me in my quest for world domination?
4If no, then why are you still alive?
I was gonna add some smart-ass comments like "ask your mom" but I guess I shouldn't bother..

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey,well I'm pretty bored,so I'll ask you a bit
1.do you like me?
2.are you bored?
3.is Pichu cute?
4.would you fly over to the other side of the world on the highest class fastest that would cost $5870126576109.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 and get one tiny cute Pichu plush toy?
5.is answering questions annoying and tiring?

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
hey

1.do u like jessica alba or angelina jolie?
2. if u encounter a hot alien, will you fall in love with it?
3. what do u like manga or anime?
4.whats your favourite game of the year(2008)? any console

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lolzed said:
hey,well I'm pretty bored,so I'll ask you a bit
1.do you like me?
2.are you bored?
3.is Pichu cute?
4.would you fly over to the other side of the world on the highest class fastest that would cost $5870126576109.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 and get one tiny cute Pichu plush toy?
5.is answering questions annoying and tiring?
1. Sorry, my first impression would be no. I don't like people that are bored a lot. It means you are wasting your time. Do something creative or get a purpose in life. Also, I don't like pichu.
2. No. I'm too busy to be bored.
3. Kind of, but I don't like it. Worst character in SSBM imo.
4. If you mean Japan, then that would only take me an hour since I'm in Korea. I'm probably gonna be living in Japan again next year.
5. A little bit.. I can't figure out how to multiquote..someone explain that to me.

QUOTE(DarkRey @ Dec 30 2008, 01:54 PM) hey

1.do u like jessica alba or angelina jolie?
2. if u encounter a hot alien, will you fall in love with it?
3. what do u like manga or anime?
4.whats your favourite game of the year(2008)? any console
1. I'd have to go with Alba cuz she's younger.
2. Love is a strong word.. I don't associate hot with love. Plenty you can do without love tho
wink.gif

3. Anime because I prefer hearing voices to reading them.
4. 2008..well the only recent games I played were all on DS so.. I'd have to go with "The World Ends with You".. Culdcept DS was also really good but since it was kind of a remake I'd have to go with TWEWY.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Glacius0 said:
5. A little bit.. I can't figure out how to multiquote..someone explain that to me.

Click the button that says "+ Quote" on the posts you want to quote, then hit Add Reply. Should work.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
1- What was your first console?
2- What was your first game?
3- Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony?
4- Wii, Xbox360, or PS3?
5- DS or PSP?
6- What is/are your all-time favorite game(s)?
7- Who is/are your favorite character(s)?
9000- *insert question here*

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glacius0 said:
1. Learning and now speaking Japanese very fluently. And my second one would be getting just as good at Korean, but I'm still working on that (give me another 6 months) ^^

2. Not unless you know Dutch famous people. I used to live nextdoor to Pia Dijkstra (I live in Korea, Seoul right now).

3. My girlfriend
wink.gif
Ah, who am I kidding, she's not reading this
tongue.gif
But seriously, there aren't really any famous people that I find very attractive. I do have to say though that after having been living in Asia for a year and a half in total I find Westerners less attractive than I used to. People here are very fashionable and have a good figure. Westerners now often look fat and sloppily dressed to me. Of course airbags also count for something, but I prefer a pretty face and good figure.

4. Alright, three songs you guys should check out:

A very famous recent Korean popsong that you hear a lot in clubs:
Wondergirls - So Hot
A song in English by a Japanese rock band that I like to sing in karaoke:
ELLEGARDEN - Salamander
A random ambient/trance song I recently heard that I like:
evolution featuring jayn hanna - walking on fire [ambient remix]

5. In the last 3 years I've hardly watched any TV so this is kind of hard. A movie I like a lot is "The Game". An anime series I like a lot is "RahXephon". I also love the Japanese anime movie "Princess Mononoke".

6. Not a real creature? You expecting me to name a pokemon or something? I love cats. I live in a dormitory now so I can't have any pets which makes me sad. There's a bar nearby here where the owner has 5 cats walking through the bar. I go there from time to time. It's a nice place.

Thank you for your responses. I'm glad to know you better now.
Now a couple follow up questions and comments, if you don't mind:

1) Quite impressive! Dutch, Japanese, English, Korean; just how many languages can you speak/write, at this point?

2) No, I'm not well versed in Dutch celebrities, but that's pretty cool.
No further questions on this topic.

3) Well, just in case your girlfriend happens to come around here at some point, I won't ask anything further on this topic, either.

4) Much obliged! I'll be checking all of these songs out soon.

5) RahXephon you say? *makes a note of the name* I'll look that up. I also like Princess Mononoke. Do you think this one is Studio Ghibli's best work?

6) I didn't expect you to choose a pokemon,.... but I herd some people liek mudkips. (It had to be said)
I ask of everyone this because the animal(s) a person has an affinity for tells a bit about their own personality.
Do you have a preference for any specific breed of cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.