wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Pop'n DS (BMDS)
10/21/08 update.
BMDS.png

Yasu has updated Pop'n DS, his Pop'n Music rendition of the BEMANI beatmania game series. He fixed a (BPM changes) bug which had to do with the order of processing and change color settings are now stored in the ini file. Most notably this version features Touch Screen functionality

The download link and mirrored file were both removed by the request of the author. The file can be found on his homepage.

icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Whoa. Coool, but wait a sec, but Pop 'n? How the hell am I supposed to play - nevermind. I'll try it first... be right back.

Edit:

Okay, this has a lot of potential... but for starters, this isn't in English and it is fairly self-explanatory. Doesn't have sound, but the buttons could have a legend in the .txt file to help for guidance, and in future versions please label difficulty for songs correctly.

The genre is a nice thing to have in the menu (though there is no sound accompanying it yet), but the "5" is easier than the "3" song in the menu, and not just by how many buttons you have to press at a time, but even when you factor in the normal BPM.

Additional note: settings for 1x, 1.5x etc. speed mod would be a great addition. Stealth and other funky mods can be added at later dates, but like in other Bemani games, toying with the speed can make it worlds easier to read.

Touch screen functionality...? I think I'm missing something here. Maybe a video would show me what it is I'm supposed to be "touching?" Input is fine using the buttons, and once you get to the higher levels with multiple hits per line - it wouldn't be practical to have it on the bottom screen anyway... maybe only for navigating through menus or something, but it's not really necessary.

Thank you for the release! I look forward to the future versions of this.
smile.gif
In theory however, wouldn't IIDX or even Beatmania 5-key be easier to render on the DS? Pop 'n is cute, but practical works too since Pop 'n has so many buttons here...

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, I love Beatmania games! I haven't tried this out, but how is it gonna work? The DS isn't multi touch. This would be awesome for iPhone

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
The touch screen is only used for 1 button, which can be changed in the ini file so it doesn't need to be multi touch. A lot of you sound really confused. If you've played or seen any of the Pop'n series you will know this homebrew is quite obviously based on Pop'n Music, and really has nothing to do with Beatmania. I've uploaded a couple of videos to youtube, originally from nico video (requires registration). First one shows the touch screen being used for the white button.

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the video (since I can't access through niconico).

Of course it has nothing to do with Beatmania (or Beatmania IIDX) etc. The only thing they all have in common is that they're Konami games and that you have to do (x) movement/button press at (y) time to combo and everything, but most people don't know much about these games unless they've dabbled in the realm of imports or even just some choice arcades.

Lopol

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm so sorry for refreshing but: How i can launch it on my DS Lite i downloaded it and it doesn't have sound
blink.gif

P.S. Im SO sry for refreshing and im sry for my ENG its very shitty because im from poland
smile.gif

P.S2. Please don't give me warn...

xkotax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry i am new here but whats the use of releaseing a game, expecaly a rythem game, with out any sound its like telling a def person to lisen to a radio. to me it just donsnt make sence. now that iv got that out of the way the next thing is that theres a post saying it has no sound yet but apparently the videos of the game play has sound so if someone can kindly point the way where i can get the sound from i would very much be thankful. thank you.
(pardon my spelling)

JCgorongo

Trophies
XP
Country
my BMDS cannot play music. when ever i load it; it comes up with something ithink its the music selection but icant play music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can some one help me?????????????????
idont now where to put the music files.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@transgeic: yes you're right after you download the link that you give, extract and put the files in the BMDS folder.
The link is in the Readme.txt(? i think) that come with the BMDS file....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat