OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hey guys,
I see that some of you have already read about this RTS firmware. So here is an update:

The Real Time Save features of M3R:
====================================
1) Support maximum of 3 save files for each game.
2) Fast loading time & saving time. (save time=8sec/load time=5sec, The fastest performance in the market.)
3) Approximately, 95% of nds games are able to use RTS function so far.
4) Integrated RTS menu support showing time, loading & saving status, monitoring capacity of SD etc...
5) Support more than 1 set of hot-keys for activating RTS menu to prevent key-conflict situation occurs. (L+R+sel or L+R+Y)

To enable RTS feature:
=====================
Just make sure the "RT Save(L+R+SL)" or "RT Save(L+R+Y)" option at "RTS/soft reset" pull-down menu of the game configuration menu has been selected. (There is only 1 save file for a game by default. If users want to have more than one save file for the game, please press "select" when highlighting the game at the game list menu and Select the "create is1" or "create is2" option. In addition, if the capacity of the TF card is not enough for creating file, users may also delete selected files in the "My Card" menu.)

Basic operation:
================
Just press "L+R+SL" or "L+R+Y" to activate RTS menu during game play.

Operation keys:
---------------
[up/down] = select
[A] = confirm
= Exit and return to game

Function of the items:
----------------------
SAVE (save the game status from memory to default save file .is0)
LOAD (load the game status from default save file .is0 to memory)

SAVE BACKUP1 (save the game status from memory to save file .is1)
LOAD BACKUP1 (load the game status from save file .is1 to memory)

SAVE BACKUP2 (save the game status from memory to save file .is2)
SAVE BACKUP2 (load the game status from save file .is2 to memory)

MAIN MENU (Go back to the M3R main menu = soft reset)

Useful information:
Due to the restrictions of the system of nds, it's not easy to make it perfect. However, the load/save function is stable and we tested over 3000 of games, about 95% of games are able to use RTS function and all the status of those games can be restored and let me continue to play the game without so many problems so the overall performance of the RTS function is satisfied. To help users to use the RTC function smoothly, users may need to note the followings:

1. Please do not activate the RTS menu at the beginning of game boot up such as logo graphic is loading or showing. It's because the initial process of the game is usually still progress.
2. Please do not activate the RTS menu during which the data is being loaded or saved.
3. The graphic of a few games may not be able to restore perfectly upon loading back the save file data into memory; we suggest users may re-try to restore the game (load) at another moment. Usually, if users save the game at gameplay, please try loading back during gameplay and not from the main menu. Another example, if users save the game at the 3D state, we suggest loading the data back at the 3D state too.
4. The sound of a few games may temporary break upon loading back the save file data, we suggest closing the cover of the NDS for a second then re-opening it again. Usually, it will be able to recover without any problem in most cases.

See Post:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110...t&p=1473191

Thanks!

g6team

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
"will it be up within the next hour or so? "
We are doing some finalization. Once it's finish it will be uploaded.
smile.gif

"will be implemented in Sakura firmware "
Right now I cannot provide you with a confirmed answer. But once I hear any news about it, it will be posted.

Thanks!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
meh just updated Triple loader yesterday too now I'm gunna have to update it again lol!!

BUT .. A BIG THANK YOU to the team for releasing this update
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
g6team said:
2) Fast loading time & saving time. (save time=8sec/load time=5sec, The fastest performance in the market.)
Actually, that's the slowest performance on the market. The SCDS1 saves and loads in less than 2 seconds, and the CycloDS Evolution in about 4.

D

Deleted User

Destructobot said:
g6team said:
Actually, that's the slowest performance on the market. The SCDS1 saves and loads in less than 2 seconds, and the CycloDS Evolution in about 4.
Ah, who cares, as long as it works
wink.gif

Although isn't 95% compatibility the best in the market? Even if the loading/saving time is relatively slow, either way, it's fast enough for a lot of people hehe

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if the claim about how many games it works for is off by as much as the claim about being the fastest, you may be in for dissapointment.
nyanya.gif

Actually, I don't have any idea what percentage of games RTS works for on the Evo and the SCDS1, but neither has failed for me yet (I haven't tried it on many games though). Regardless, it's good to see more carts getting this feature.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL i just updated to ssakura 1.12+1 and now this. I guess all that wait was worth it. Even though its not for sakura yet
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Destructobot said:
Well, if the claim about how many games it works for is off by as much as the claim about being the fastest, you may be in for dissapointment.
nyanya.gif

Actually, I don't have any idea what percentage of games RTS works for on the Evo and the SCDS1, but neither has failed for me yet (I haven't tried it on many games though). Regardless, it's good to see more carts getting this feature.
RTS has failed me a couple of times when it was just released on the Scds1, but I haven't noticed any of those problems in the later OSs. Also, the saving is much slower when using a Scds1 v1/v2 instead of a Scds1 v3, but loading is really quick.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Destructobot said:
g6team said:
The strange thing is, on my M3 Real it's much faster than that... Writing takes about 4 seconds, reading about 3. I haven't used RTS on any other cart, but this is pretty impressive.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i tested it with new super mario bros, N+, and windy x windam.
windy x windam: background at the map became pink after loading, but no other glitches.
N+: functioning 100% perfect
new super mario bros: works, but after loading sound is messed up so you have to close, and reopen your DS.
seems to me their estimate of compatible games is about right, tough only 15-20% has actual 100% compatibility(no load glitches)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
xcdjy said:
I honestly can't understand why people diss M3. I love it.
Their old menu is really slow, the Soft Reset-function needs to be fixed often and the release for M3Sakura has been postponed many times. I love the M3 Real as well (thanks to this RTS-function it's without a doubt my favorite flashcart) but it has its downsides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since