Hacking which other flashcart should i get

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently received an AK2 a few itouches and an edge.

The itouch by far is the worst of these three. Then the edge (although I've had less time with the edge) and the best of the bunch in my opinion is the AK2. I didn't bother putting the official firmware on it I just put the newest AKAIO and its great.

Im still waiting for my Supercard 1 to arrive so I can comment on that.
Id stick with the AK2 if I were you.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want the best flashcart and don't care about the price: CycloDS Evolution
If you want the best flashcart but do care about the price: Acekard 2
If you want a flashcart with onboard NAND memory: Acekard R.P.G.
If you want a flashcart that also offers a Slot-2 (not for free though): EZFlash V & M3DS Real
If you want a Slot-2 expansion: EZFlash 3-in-1 (GBA, RAM, & Rumble)
If you want a flashcart that could possible brick your Nintendo DS: R4 DS, R4 III & N5

Something I wrote.
tongue.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
If you want the best flashcart and don't care about the price: CycloDS Evolution
If you want a flashcart that also offers a Slot-2 (not for free though): EZFlash V & M3DS Real
If you want a flashcart that could possible brick your Nintendo DS: R4 DS, R4 III & N5

Something I wrote.
tongue.gif
You should add :
If you plan on developing homebrew: Acekard R.P.G.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PharaohsVizier said:
Where's the Supercard?!
He apparently doesn't know anything/not much at all about Scds1, so he just decided to leave it out. Makes those recommendations kinda biased when you think about it.

Scds1 offers many features/functions comparable to that of CycloDS Evo and is available at a much lower price. Supercard Team has also proven to provide very good support for all their flashcarts since they still update their earliest product. The GUI might not be top-notch and is a little sluggish, but I don't think that people who have a flashcart sit and watches it's GUI when they could be playing roms. You'll also have the chance to use three different OSs (the official Scds1 OS, DSTT OS and Ysmenu).

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Where's the Supercard?!
QUOTE(IOwnAndPwnU @ Aug 21 2008, 08:00 AM) If you want the best flashcart and don't care about the price: CycloDS Evolution
If you want a flashcart with a slow, shitty-ass GUI: Supercard DS One

Something I wrote.
tongue.gif
Fixed.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
QUOTE said:
If you want a flashcart that will die on you after a month of use: Acekard 2
Fix'd.

Get the Cyclo, it should be less than 30 pounds ($60 USD).

That issue has been resolved.

Diablo1123 said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:

Something I wrote.
tongue.gif
You should add :
If you plan on developing homebrew: Acekard R.P.G.

Will add that.
Also added the SuperCard One based on the info you provided.
If you want a flashcart with onboard NAND memory and if you plan on developing: Acekard R.P.G.
If you want an alternative to the CycloDS Evolution but cheaper and a crappy GUI: SuperCard DS One

Fix'd

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
yeah i think ill get the cyclo, but looking for one abit cheaper than all the ones if found so far

i got mine last month from consoleup.com for £30 + £3 shipping & received it in 18 hours it was a black one from the new batch according to a thread on Team Cyclops Forums

cerenade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
helpme said:
QUOTE said:
yeah i think ill get the cyclo, but looking for one abit cheaper than all the ones if found so far

i got mine last month from consoleup.com for £30 + £3 shipping & received it in 18 hours it was a black one from the new batch according to a thread on Team Cyclops Forums

thats quick! i think i'll order one this week then, get it in time for my birthday
smile.gif
(next monday)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: