Gaming PS3 "XMB" incredibly slow...

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright well, I just got my ps3 headset (official one) and it's been running fine but 3 days after I got it, my xmb started running slow like it was taking forever to load, at first I just ignored it and clicked on my black ops cd but it froze then I turned it off and tried again, same result, so I decided to wait a bit but then I noticed my small friends list was just as bad, all the friends took along time to show up, same with the message box, but my message box had over 1000 messages, deleted them all and it's still like this, my console is not modded or anything and on my 250GB internal HDD, I still have about 160GB left so it can't be the space but to make sure I deleted a whole heap of demos and things I don't use anymore but the same result... anyone know a solution to this, I got my ps3 9 months ago so I doubt the HDD is dying already. Please, all help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seems like an internet issue

try this: block internet access to it and see if problem persists; if it doesn't, then delete your cnxn settings

hard cycle

then connect your cable or wifi whateve you use, see if that works.

also, you can just reset your modem; usually what do most of the time instead.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
seems like an internet issue

try this: block internet access to it and see if problem persists; if it doesn't, then delete your cnxn settings

hard cycle

then connect your cable or wifi whateve you use, see if that works.

also, you can just reset your modem; usually what do most of the time instead.
Wait, love the ideas but there's 1 problem with what you wrote "seems like an internet issue" When I clicked on my CoD Black Ops disc which requires no internet connection to open, it still happens there...what now???

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Rebuild database and defrag hard drive, search YouTube for a video that should tell you how to do it. Just curious, is the internal fan sounding really loud?
Nope it runs completely normal from what I can hear/see apart from the slow xmb. =(
If I rebuild the Database/defrag HDD will I lose everything(saves.etc), oh and will I lose the warranty?

@Maz7006 Tried your solution, nothing fixed it, thanks though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC +1