Modify and Re-sign Wii isos

  • Thread starter Thread starter masud
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 423,213
  • Replies Replies 928
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got SSBB working without dual channels or the 15% trick. Thanks to FoxMcClaud for the support and bailli for his patching ideas. BRB with more info and photos.
 
Is there any way to get someone to stop posting?

Anyway, for some of the file formats...

I ran into a chinese site a couple days back that linked to the .thp player from here:
http://www.amnoid.de/gc/

With that you can view movie files from a number of Wii games.
 
Hey in the how to use guide for this app on gbatemp.net what key.bin is he talking about because i found alot of key.bin files online and don't know which one to download ?
 
Is there any way to get someone to stop posting?
Click user's name to view their profile, select Ignore User.

Not quite the same as stopping someone posting but it helps.

Back on topic, just like to say thanks to everyone who's experimenting and posting their finds here. I'm about as technical as a bar of soap but I'll give it a whirl after work tonight.

Really enjoying watching all this unfold.
 
Darn it. I try to close that dialog box every time I load the main page.

rofl2.gif


When the hell did GBAtemp start getting pop-ups?

These new advancements in the Wii Homebrew Scene are popping out mighty fast, can't wait to see what is released tommorow
happy.gif
 
Editing the final smashes might be more compatible.... You could make every character turn into Wario Man.

I'm going to start looking into forcing semi-brick-fixing updates.

Edit: And thanks for the tip on "Ignore User." It's actually much better.


Edit 2: A number PAC files seem to have "ARC" as the first three bytes. However, they don't seem to be standard ARC archives.
 
For those asking about Brawl hidden/removed characters... There are no model files remaining on the disc for any of them.

However, you can see traces of them in the effects folder (which you may possibly be able to swap with those of similar characters)

Extra effect files are...

ef_dixie.pac
ef_dr_mario.pac
ef_mewtwo.pac
ef_pra_mai.pac (???)
ef_roy.pac
ef_toon_sheik.pac
ef_toon_zelda.pac

I wouldn't suggest swapping them unless you like wasting discs.

Since it's an effect maybe all that toon_zelda and toon_sheik does is cell shade the model!!!
ohmy.gif
 
Actually, upon further inspection, the sizes of all the "hidden character" effect pacs are 128bytes. They're essentially dummy files with no data.
 
Sorry if asked already, not on this page and can't search now...

Anyone tried replacing all the SSE vids / other vids in brawl with the intro movie? Does it trim to below 5 gigs?
 
Sorry if asked already, not on this page and can't search now...

Anyone tried replacing all the SSE vids / other vids in brawl with the intro movie? Does it trim to below 5 gigs?

As far as I know, this program can only replace files of a similar size or small. Can't trim images yet. Anyone want to correct me?

Edit: Oh wait... I think I can see what you're saying. do you think you could find an index for the movie's, and link all of them to the intro/sse vid, for the single layer version?

Edit2: To answer my own question, maybe. I'm going to try this right now. the THP files are named in the dol. I'm going to attempt to rename them all to 01-00.thp, since that is the only SSE movie on the single layer disc.

Edit3: Interesting results. It does work..but, not very good. Maybe I did something wrong, or it's more failsafe than i can't handle. But by changing references to many video files, i managed to get through a few stages of SSE on single layer. The catch is, you have to swap during videos between a hacked copy, and the original single layer disc.

But it does show that it's possible. It always plays the 1st movie. You can't skip it, or it repeats. But at the end of it, when you have to select a character, the cursor goes to where the character is supposed to be, not to Kirby/Mario. When it green screens, just gotta swap the disc.

Anyway, I'm done torturing my Wii for the sake of science. If ya'll want a ppf of the changes i made and where I made them, here ya go. Just run it against an extracted main.dol of SSBB. The MD5 hash for patched dol included.

00490b50h-00490ef0h are where the sse videos i changed to 01-00 were

00427ab0h looks like links to videos HowtoPlay, Conference, SnakeMovie, SonicMovie, but i didn't touch them

Still don't know where the ending movies are.

Edit4: Man, I just jumped the gun. Turns out, you may only have to swap once, or not at all. See, this his how it went down for me. The game didn't boot with the hacked copy for me (Green screen. Maybe it was a fluke, and just didn't like my crappy RW), so I loaded up the original single layer, then during the 1st battle in SSE, I swapped with the hacked one so when i finished it'd play the same movie. I thought I'd have to keep doing that, so i did until I got tired of doing it. But turns out, after I made that post and decided to quit testing, i thought i'd play the single layer version til it green screened. Well, guess what. It kept working. AND, i could skip the video. Still playing it now (even though i have the DL). So, try it out for yourself.
 
Awesome news!!

If only I had the time to fiddle with the program to do what you did.

Hopefully some scene people will catch on and release an updated DVD5...

Excellent to see it is possible though!
 
About PAL Bleach Shattered Blade, I think I'm able to replace the voices with the Japanese ones.

I think I just need 3 files from the NTSC-J ISO : voice.afs, voice_lps.sms, voice_lps.ssl.

If someone with this ISO would upload them...
smile.gif
 
Hey...does this mean that somebody can somehow hack the "No More Heroes" USA-iso, and add BLOOD and cursing etc. to the forthcoming EU-version? If it does.....epicness is awaiting me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News