BoGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all..

I saw a while back a Gauntlet game coming out on the DS, was supposed to come out in February 2009. I still can't find any trace of that game today or even get some news about it.. For some reason it's listed on Nintendo.com's Gamelist as a Feb 09 release so I didn'T just dream about it.

Anyone know what's happening with that game ?
blink.gif

Thx for the infos

BoGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okie.. so it would be cancelled now that it was in the final steps of production .. that sounds bogus to me.

I found out some sites still advertising the game for pre-order .. they have 26/06/2009 as the shipping date. I'm still hoping
unsure.gif

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah sadly. I was really THRILLED for this game, it looks like the closest thing to Diablo game-style, at least I think so...but yeh it sucks that it was canceled =/

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I heard was that canceling it was being considered, along with maybe dumping it off to another publisher. I never heard anything definite though.

You would think there would be some sort of obligation to release the game since they had an official download demo of it. They certainly aren't gonna make any money storing it on some hard drive somewhere. It just seems stupid to have a completely finished game fall into limbo and disappear like that.

But, I won't pretend to know how business executives think. Their rationalizations never did make any sense to me.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kishire said:
yeah sadly. I was really THRILLED for this game, it looks like the closest thing to Diablo game-style, at least I think so...but yeh it sucks that it was canceled =/

err, you mean diablo is a gauntlet style game
wink.gif

original gauntlet came out more than a decade before blizzard copied it and called it diablo

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It has been officially canned. But don't get your hopes up. It will most likely stay in limbo. Yeah it may seem dumb to leave it there and not make money but were talking about Eidos here. Eidos is in a big hole right now. I don't think they have the extra funds to risk on the production of the game. I belie there getting bought out though. I want to say Square is buying them. Don't quote me on that though.

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Petitions never work. (Just incase anyone wants to say Family Guy came back because of a petition it was actually DVD sales) I really wanted to play this game. I never heard anything about it being officially canceled so would you mind showing your source granville?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I looked around yesterday, I saw a few places saying it will be released April 24, 2009. Doubt it will happen, but you never know.

http://thatgamingsite.com/game/4961/nintendo-ds/gauntlet-ds/ (right sidebar, though the UK and JP release dates are suspect,
shifty.gif
LOL!)

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_DS (and we all know how accurate a user edited listing is
rolleyes.gif
)

http://www.vgreleases.com/NintendoDS/ReleaseDate-131248.aspx

Probably just wishful thinking and someone just pulled that release date out of their butt. I don't know....

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PLAY.COM has it down as the 26/6/09

Gauntlet

yigzm3un9g1tm099m3j7.jpg

£24.99 Free Delivery

RRP: £29.99 | You save: £5.00 (16%)

Pre-order. | Due for release on 26/06/2009

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't trust those dates. UK stores kept advertising Warioware Twisted on preorder for almost 3 years, making up a new date every time it passed and that never came out.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Icey said:
Petitions never work. (Just incase anyone wants to say Family Guy came back because of a petition it was actually DVD sales) I really wanted to play this game. I never heard anything about it being officially canceled so would you mind showing your source granville?

That's not what the shirt says that I got from Fox after signing the Family Guy petition. I'm sure it helped I bought the first 3 seasons on DVD as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ