Gauntlet Game on DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by BoGG, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009

Gauntlet Game on DS by BoGG at 1:17 AM (1,893 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. BoGG
    OP

Newcomer BoGG Member

Canada
    Hi all..

I saw a while back a Gauntlet game coming out on the DS, was supposed to come out in February 2009. I still can't find any trace of that game today or even get some news about it.. For some reason it's listed on Nintendo.com's Gamelist as a Feb 09 release so I didn'T just dream about it.

Anyone know what's happening with that game ? [​IMG]

Thx for the infos

2. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I think it got canned, but I'm not 100 % sure.

3. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    It was indeed officially canceled. It was finished, and even reviewed by several magazines, but was finally canned for some reason. We don't know why.

4. BoGG
    OP

Newcomer BoGG Member

Canada
    Okie.. so it would be cancelled now that it was in the final steps of production .. that sounds bogus to me.

I found out some sites still advertising the game for pre-order .. they have 26/06/2009 as the shipping date. I'm still hoping [​IMG]

5. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Don't raise your hopes too high. I think its really cancelled.

Well join these dudes in their petition.

6. Kishire

Newcomer Kishire Advanced Member

United States
    yeah sadly. I was really THRILLED for this game, it looks like the closest thing to Diablo game-style, at least I think so...but yeh it sucks that it was canceled =/

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Last I heard was that canceling it was being considered, along with maybe dumping it off to another publisher. I never heard anything definite though.

You would think there would be some sort of obligation to release the game since they had an official download demo of it. They certainly aren't gonna make any money storing it on some hard drive somewhere. It just seems stupid to have a completely finished game fall into limbo and disappear like that.

But, I won't pretend to know how business executives think. Their rationalizations never did make any sense to me.

8. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

err, you mean diablo is a gauntlet style game [​IMG]

original gauntlet came out more than a decade before blizzard copied it and called it diablo

9. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    It has been officially canned. But don't get your hopes up. It will most likely stay in limbo. Yeah it may seem dumb to leave it there and not make money but were talking about Eidos here. Eidos is in a big hole right now. I don't think they have the extra funds to risk on the production of the game. I belie there getting bought out though. I want to say Square is buying them. Don't quote me on that though.

10. Icey

Member Icey GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Petitions never work. (Just incase anyone wants to say Family Guy came back because of a petition it was actually DVD sales) I really wanted to play this game. I never heard anything about it being officially canceled so would you mind showing your source granville?

11. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
  12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    When I looked around yesterday, I saw a few places saying it will be released April 24, 2009. Doubt it will happen, but you never know.

http://thatgamingsite.com/game/4961/nintendo-ds/gauntlet-ds/ (right sidebar, though the UK and JP release dates are suspect, [​IMG] LOL!)

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_DS (and we all know how accurate a user edited listing is [​IMG] )

http://www.vgreleases.com/NintendoDS/ReleaseDate-131248.aspx

Probably just wishful thinking and someone just pulled that release date out of their butt. I don't know....

13. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    PLAY.COM has it down as the 26/6/09

Gauntlet

[​IMG]

£24.99 Free Delivery

RRP: £29.99 | You save: £5.00 (16%)

Pre-order. | Due for release on 26/06/2009

14. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't trust those dates. UK stores kept advertising Warioware Twisted on preorder for almost 3 years, making up a new date every time it passed and that never came out.

15. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    That's not what the shirt says that I got from Fox after signing the Family Guy petition. I'm sure it helped I bought the first 3 seasons on DVD as well.

16. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    If it's actually completed but not released, there's still hopes of it getting leaked and dumped...?