Translation Zoids Saga DS: English Translation

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
posting a rom is ilegal as posting a CiOS, a tutorial to flash a PSP or other things here... but i will not push more on this point... ill resume to the work as i get some more feed back to se whats more critical to translate next

I....really want to know what goes through your mind to think that psp flashing tuts are illegal...

Reactions: 1 person

[D]aRk[D]rEam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cmon guys it's useless to discuss this stuff anymore...those who are interested in the translation just focus on the patch, this topic is growing full of garbage, everyone has it's own opinion, don't be mad at him, even if UlfrRiorwa committed a mistake posting the rom, now he know that he can't do that (even if he doesn't like the rules) , so let's end this here please

Reactions: 2 people

uns33n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone having problems applying the patch?
I am for some reason. I tried multiple roms but it's telling me that its invalid.
(xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT)
I'll clear everything and start over but someone should check that out.

[D]aRk[D]rEam and UlfrRiorwa Thanks for the patch by the way. I'll make sure to give input on stuff one I get it working.

(Edit)
It seems to be the patch. I made a false one to test it out and it worked.
But because it was false the rom wasn't actually patched. I cleared everything and redownloaded the patch
I got the same error. It might just be my comp but check it out.

[D]aRk[D]rEam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is anyone having problems applying the patch?
I am for some reason. I tried multiple roms but it's telling me that its invalid.
(xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT)
I'll clear everything and start over but someone should check that out.

[D]aRk[D]rEam and UlfrRiorwa Thanks for the patch by the way. I'll make sure to give input on stuff one I get it working.

(Edit)
It seems to be the patch. I made a false one to test it out and it worked.
But because it was false the rom wasn't actually patched. I cleared everything and redownloaded the patch
I got the same error. It might just be my comp but check it out.

You are Right, I'm investigating on the problem right now to find a fix for this

EDIT: There was a problem related with the xdelta UI, now i replaced it with the GUI; download this rar instead of the old one. Let me know if there are any other issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/?08p28tm97id7sbb

uns33n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working now.

For the zoids just got the Trinity Liger (TRY Liger in patch)
There is a lot of word wrapping in the wr
ong places if you understand wh
at i mean.

for HP instead of Zoids resistance you could use durability instead
example:
Zoids durability
if 0 zoid is unusable

there's also word wrap here too

EP could be worded differently but there might not be space. Again word wrap
EPCharge: word wrap. amount of EP restored each turn is shorter than what you have there
SP: word wrap "Zoid SPD eed rate" Typo and rate doesn't need to be there.
affects turn order and evasion could be an explaination
Zoids EVAde rate: I dont know what this is supposed to be but again rate isn't needed and can EVA get smaller?
DF: word wrap. rate is unneed. explaination could be high DEF less damage.
Zoids battle points could be exp. or increase ovr ability.

This is just some quick things. I'm playing portable right now but i'll probably switch to an emulator so that i can screen shot stuff.
Also it's your patch I'm just giving input. So any changes are up to you the programer.

[D]aRk[D]rEam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's working now.

at i mean.

example:
Zoids durability
if 0 zoid is unusable

EPCharge: word wrap. amount of EP restored each turn is shorter than what you have there
Zoids EVAde rate: I dont know what this is supposed to be but again rate isn't needed and can EVA get smaller?

This is just some quick things. I'm playing portable right now but i'll probably switch to an emulator so that i can screen shot stuff.
Also it's your patch I'm just giving input. So any changes are up to you the programer.

Yeah I know, in fact I posted some days ago that there were some typo (caused by merging mine with UlfrRiorwa's translation); I'm slowing fixing those as I find them

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so when is the possibility of a full english translation patch?, i'm checkin the current patch out. but i just started so thats prob why I havent check menus or anything

[D]aRk[D]rEam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so when is the possibility of a full english translation patch?, i'm checkin the current patch out. but i just started so thats prob why I havent check menus or anything

It's pretty useless to ask for a full translation, at least for me, mainly for two reasons:

a) I'm focusing to translate moves, items and menù, and i'm having some trouble doing so since i'm a beginner;
b) My knowledge of japanese doesn't allow me to make a full translation (aka translating the story or other kind of ingame text aside the stuff mentioned above)

Reactions: 1 person

Knolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU.

I didn't ever think I'd see a patch pop up for this game and I'm delighted it has. I never expected more than the interface so I'm really glad people with the right skills are working on it! I'm looking forward to testing it out!

UlfrRiorwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It's working now.

at i mean.

example:
Zoids durability
if 0 zoid is unusable

i know what you mean and im gonna work on the typos but, some word wraping has to be that way because we are using a very rudimentary way to translate this if you know a way that we can modify where the lines end and begin in HEX it would be nice but as for now it has to be that way

SGOS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! so i made an account here just to push you guys on! i love the work you guys done so far! please continue your work! I can't wait to play the sequel to my favourite game!
If you guys need help in anyway im here shoot me a PM! aight?

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cannot make a full translation then can you provide me a link to or direct me to a website that will allow me to make a request of those that can?

SGOS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i've been playing for a bit, and i can translate a couple deck commands based on knowing what they do from previous games, anyone know how to reach the text files n what not?

WampThing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been following this topic for awhile now, and wanting to play this forever. I am an avid zoids fan, and I would like to help too. Im just not too experienced in much translating or patch work. Mainly I wouldnt mind donating some money for you guys if it would help you all finish it. Let me know, keep up the great work.

SGOS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20kuel1.jpg

The highlighted command is the "gather Zi-data 1" command and the one below is the 'core security 1" command to help those who can't tell, and easy way to remember is that the" Zi-data gather 1" has the english letters "Zi" near the end of the explanation. I can't edit text/ the language in anyway right now and I'm no translator, nor do i know anyone willing to translate/ teach it to me, but i figure trying to learn tables n such is probably the best method i know to proceed with trying to make the sequel to my favorite game playable. If anyone would like to team-up or help, they're more than welcome!

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant to another translation team if possible. I would really love and enjoy this game in english.. it also seems wrong to leave a translation partly done, if i knew japanese, or kn ew how to hack roms me and my friends would of done it..I..just really dont wanna see this game go down like that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-