Translation Zoids Saga DS: English Translation

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you planning to translate the entire game, or just do a Menu/Skills translation for now?
I'm curious since the last posts confused me. x.x

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... Well, that's sad, although it's good for those that just want to manage around in the game without needing the story. =O
And like Phoenix said, they're pretty easy to find nowadays in certain places, and there's also some tools that do that, although I'm not sure if they also worked with ds roms,.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
for legal reasons please do not do that.
I strongly encourage you to look up the many patching programs out there.
For me so far the easiest (for others to use - relatively foolproof) is xdeltaui.
Providing the rom (even with your edits) implies ownership of copyrighted material that you obviously do not own.

I strongly encourage you to take a different action.

Ahem the following disclaimer applies to myself and any in this thread who wish to adopt it as well...
【Disclaimer】As this is a commercial product this game belongs to the copyright holder and or the original maker of said game. The english translated patch, any information contianed in this thread or with the patch is only for research study purposes. Organization(s) or individual(s) may not use this edited product, patch or the information discussed for commercial purposes in any form. I or others who adopt this disclaimer will not bear any responsibility for the consequences arising from other(s) use.

Reactions: 1 person

UlfrRiorwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
there is an alpha release of the translation and because the admins don't want me to put it in here ill provide the file via facebook...

Wrong.
They don't want you providing a rom, which is what you did.
They're perfectly fine with you providing a patch.
Lies they dont want me to put it in their page, they are implying no one makes law breaks in this page.. how ever this will not stop my effort

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can post a patch, just don't post a patched rom.
Many other translation projects here have done so without a problem.
And basically all translation projects do it this way too to avoid legal problems.

Reactions: 4 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there is an alpha release of the translation and because the admins don't want me to put it in here ill provide the file via facebook...

Wrong.
They don't want you providing a rom, which is what you did.
They're perfectly fine with you providing a patch.
Lies they dont want me to put it in their page, they are implying no one makes law breaks in this page.. how ever this will not stop my effort
What everyone is saying, we love translations, but sharing roms is illegal, whereas translating is more of a 'gray' area, posting a patch, is allowed and everyone does it, you can even upload them to filetrip and some other sites.
The temp itself is a very fragile website regarding it's legal stand, so if people started posting roms links, the website could very well be given a C&D... Meh... It's all very complicated but the temp tries to abide by the law as much as possible. >.>

Like it was said before, you could use xdelta or some similar programs to create a patch for a rom file, and not the patched rom itself.

Reactions: 4 people

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't being sarcastic I was trying to be encouraging. Maybe they are new and do not know the terms or methodology. You already know I prefer to encourage rather than to cause a ruckus.
Keep it up Ulf. Sorry I didn't get to posting the patch earlier.

[D]aRk[D]rEam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys sorry if I reply so late, I'm a bit busy at the moment, my pc broke so I couldn't track the forum for some weeks until now. Regarding the problem of the rom, I didn't know that UlfrRiorwa posted the rom instead of the patch, I already know the rules, though I must apologize for the mistakes both me and UlfrRiorwa did. This is the first time that I make a patch so let me know if something is wrong with it (if it's not working or stuff like that). I want also to specify that there are some typo (I'll fix them as soon as possible).
A last note: UlfrRiorwa did most of the hard work on the translation, he even fixed some lines that I've translated in a wrong way in the beginning.

UlfrRiorwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
posting a rom is ilegal as posting a CiOS, a tutorial to flash a PSP or other things here... but i will not push more on this point... ill resume to the work as i get some more feed back to se whats more critical to translate next

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
posting a rom is ilegal as posting a CiOS, a tutorial to flash a PSP or other things here... but i will not push more on this point... ill resume to the work as i get some more feed back to se whats more critical to translate next
No, ROMs are illegal. PSP tutorials are not.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol