ROM Hack Xenosaga I & 2 Translation (Not mine)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is really making me want to play this game. Anyone have a personal accord with Kingcom? It's just that I've been waiting on this game for half a decade, can't blame me for being curious.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Would be nice to play. We PAL gamers only got Episode 2.
frown.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Kidisnice: I do know what I'm talking about - I'm playing the PS2 version right now, plus game wikias have almost always the right information. And don't forget you have to take into account that the DS cartridge isn't big enough to hold the exact same script from both PS2 games when it has to include graphics and music as well (plus the new content). Sorry - I trust phoenixgoddess in this more than you since she is a very good translator (and from all that I know about her as a person from the temp).

@phoenixgoddes: Thanks!
smile.gif
And I'm a girl too. Though I don't mind at all, I actually think it's fun - if people see me as a guy, let them, since people make these assumptions about who's which gender based on stereotypes and bias anyway. So in a way it's better for me this way too, because people often read posts differently when they think the poster is a girl or a boy. Sadly.

@DeltabladeX: Well, you could always mod your PS2 to play the American version. It would be unlawful, but on the other hand it's unfair that they didn't bring it over - why region-lock at all?! (yeah, money...
frown.gif
)

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Fel said:
@DeltabladeX: Well, you could always mod your PS2 to play the American version. It would be unlawful, but on the other hand it's unfair that they didn't bring it over - why region-lock at all?!

Which is exactly what I did back in the day, to be able to play... all three Xenosaga episodes
smile.gif

And other games too.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yuka001 said:
Fel said:
@DeltabladeX: Well, you could always mod your PS2 to play the American version. It would be unlawful, but on the other hand it's unfair that they didn't bring it over - why region-lock at all?!

Which is exactly what I did back in the day, to be able to play... all three Xenosaga episodes
smile.gif

And other games too.
Hehe.
yaypsp.gif

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
kidisnice87 said:
I feel like I'm talking to a wall. You sorta don't have any idea what you're talking about. The entire script was changed before it released on the PS2, the DS version restores the original script and bosses. Please educate yourself on this with more than "wikia" smh v_v

It's strange... your username is "kidisnice" and here you are being completely rude for nothing. He wasn't even rude to you.
He's right, actually. The PS2 versions were extremely long, even reaching two CDs. It had a massive load of cutscenes and information. I don't recall very much being cut out, at all. I should know, I have them(and the third game) and have played the DS version. I know the PS2 versions have more to them than the DS version. Sure, they may be different, but the PS2 versions win over the DS version when it comes to the story. The DS version goes over what happened in I and II, while explaining a few things that the Xenosaga II didn't tell and few here and theres in Xenosaga I. Other than that, it's the exact same thing. By no means does that mean it has more than the PS2 versions. If it didn't have much storyline, it wouldn't have became a trilogy or reached a total of five CDs.
.....Umm Xenosaga 2 disc one was like an hour of game play and 4 hours of FMVs. The PS2 versions had a ton of FMVs, they sucked up about half of your gameplay.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Fel said:
@DeltabladeX: Well, you could always mod your PS2 to play the American version. It would be unlawful, but on the other hand it's unfair that they didn't bring it over - why region-lock at all?! (yeah, money...
frown.gif
)
I already have a system that can play imports from a hard drive. I'm just morally opposed to piracy. Yeah, crazy, isn't it. I only use it for the handful of imports I have been able to find in local stores (someone around here is crazy enough to trade in stuff like Garou and Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection for PS2 and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the DS for change, which is great for me though) and to test the crazy number of pre owned PS2 games I buy on the cheap (325 and counting). Besides, even if I was willing to acquire it, I have to deal with stupid low datacaps over here. Getting both games will blow it for the month, seeing as the first is a dual layered DVD and the third has two single layered DVDs.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
dragonkid6 said:
.....Umm Xenosaga 2 disc one was like an hour of game play and 4 hours of FMVs. The PS2 versions had a ton of FMVs, they sucked up about half of your gameplay.

Your point? It still reached two CDs.

...at this point I think your a troll.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dragonkid6 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
dragonkid6 said:

Your point? It still reached two CDs.

So... you repeat what had already been said by both me and her, and when she asks you what was the point of that you say she's a troll? Right.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
i don't think she's trolling. judging by
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Your point? It still reached two CDs.i think she just doesn't know what she's talking about.
QUOTE(Fel @ Jun 10 2011, 02:11 AM)
So... you repeat what had already been said by both me and her, and when she asks you what was the point of that you say she's a troll? Right.
i think he was referring to how irrelevant and pointless it was for her to say what she last said.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
dragonkid6 said:
i don't think she's trolling. judging by
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Your point? It still reached two CDs.i think she just doesn't know what she's talking about.
QUOTE(Fel @ Jun 10 2011, 02:11 AM)
i think he was referring to how irrelevant and pointless it was for her to say what she last said.

Despite having the games, I don't know what I'm talking about... that makes sense.
It's physically two CDs long. If it has one hour of gameplay, does it still change the fact that it's two CDs long? Nope.
So not only am I "trolling" but I don't know what I'm talking about, despite having the games and beating them, might I add.
This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
It's physically two CDs long. If it has one hour of gameplay, does it still change the fact that it's two CDs long? Nope.
no. you don't know what you're talking about.
for starters (this is a bit pointless but oh well), they're DVDs.
now you're trying to say that the storage medium is what determines the length of the game. or we base games' lengths not upon hours and minutes (or just time) but but instead upon how many storage mediums they capacitate (or their digital size).
that's not only wrong but also irrelevant.
jus saiyan.

now consider me gotten if you are trolling, but i think the objective of trolling is to make the 'trollee' rage and not to make yourself look.. stupid. >.>
i'm trying to be a nice guy here on gbatemp for a change, so just know that i'm not trying to offend you by saying you're wrong.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shabutie78 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
no. you don't know what you're talking about.
for starters (this is a bit pointless but oh well), they're DVDs.
now you're trying to say that the storage medium is what determines the length of the game. or we base games' lengths not upon hours and minutes (or just time) but but instead upon how many storage mediums they capacitate (or their digital size).
that's not only wrong but also irrelevant.
jus saiyan.

now consider me gotten if you are trolling, but i think the objective of trolling is to make the 'trollee' rage and not to make yourself look.. stupid. >.>
i'm trying to be a nice guy here on gbatemp for a change, so just know that i'm not trying to offend you by saying you're wrong.

It is two DVDs, that is all she is saying, why would she be trolling, stop being ignorant and just look what is written in front of you
sleep.gif

All she is trying to say is that it doesn't matter what is on the disks if it's 6 hours of FMVs and nothing else it really doesn't matter , it's still part of the game and the game spans over two disks so it is classed as a big game size wise not length of the actual game, actually read what she has written and don't just make assumptions, I know PG and she is not a troll and I don't even know why you would think she is ?

Ankoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So aside from being different in terms of system, graphics and cutscenes, any special bonuses in the DS version aside from being portable
rolleyes.gif
? Haven't really played the original yet...

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ankoku said:
So aside from being different in terms of system, graphics and cutscenes, any special bonuses in the DS version aside from being portable
rolleyes.gif
? Haven't really played the original yet...
To quote wikia:

"Xenosaga I & II is not an exact retelling of the previous two games; some minor changes have been made to the storyline of the game without changing the pre-existing elements which the first games have already laid out. Some scenarios have been edited and some new but minor characters have been included in these new parts. The Episode II portion of the game, originally told through Jr.'s perspective, will now focus on Shion, much like Episode I and Episode III. The Episode II portion of the game features new content (some of which was cut from the Episode II) from Xenosaga creator Tetsuya Takahashi that expands and enhances the storyline. This fills in some of the holes caused by Episode II, allowing for a better understanding of the plot and reducing the amount of questions that will be unanswered in Episode III."

And also read this review, it points out the differences and also explains that not everything from the PS2 versions could be fit into the DS version (given its size), here's the first part of his conclusion:

"My conclusion regarding this game is: like a movie based on a novel, Xenosaga I•II offers a decent but somewhat stripped down alternative retelling of Xenosaga and Xenosaga II for PlayStation 2."

So if you speak Japanese, the best thing to do is still to play the PS2 versions and then check out either only the DS Episode II since only the Ep. II significantly adds to the plot (though of course you can play both if you'd like to).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenosaga 2 for DS has every story element and more. The DS version plays(arguably better.) I don't like half-assed platforming with destructible environments in my JRPG games, so I enjoy the more methodical 24-bit style world.

xKalasx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe I made an account just to say this. But where the bloody F*** is the translate?! Can the fans of those crappy GBA games even COMPARE to the ones for Xenosaga?! I am deeply desperate to play this damn game. What? Has the production stopped at 55%? I've been on the site a couple of times and i'm tired of seeing projects for the whole SRW series. In my opinion, I think they should stop screwin' around and just give what the majority of the fans want! It's about to be half a decade and this matter is really pissing me off! I'm just surprised no one's snapped yet at how long it's been. I for one have been patient for long enough -.-

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treat it like poor service at a restaurant.
Talk to the manager and tell them that their employees aren't giving you the service you've paid for.

Oh wait You aren't paying for it and the translators aren't getting paid for their time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?