ROM Hack Xenosaga I & 2 Translation (Not mine)

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Treat it like poor service at a restaurant.
Talk to the manager and tell them that their employees aren't giving you the service you've paid for.

Oh wait You aren't paying for it and the translators aren't getting paid for their time!

Don't be a baby. Nobody here is paying for anything. A work ethic is not a sense of entitlement--it's social responsibility. Go back to watching Bill O'Reilly instead of harshing on people's dreams to play a game that deserves to be enjoyed by more than a niche little corner of the world. You're just giving them more of the same old cliche argument to bitch about.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha!
HAHA!
Ohhhh...that's funny.

I'm not sure if you read the post that I removed that was absolutely riddled with flames, but I'm not exactly "Harshing on his dreams." (I love that phrase, by the way) I'm explaining why all his ranting and raving isn't going to do him any good.

How that would make me an O'reilly-watcher, I have no fucking clue. But that sort of tickled me too.

Reactions: 1 person

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@GreenBanana
From what I can see, you seem to be supporting the idea of leechers being allow to complain to any translation group if they don't deliver. If you didn't see xKalasx's post that Vulpes Abnocto has removed, then you shouldn't make assumption. In case you are wondering, xKalasx is complaining about how the patch isn't out yet and started ranting.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Ecalune actually does have a point.
If we don't have anything to say about the translation project we should stop cluttering up the thread.

But GreenBanana, xKalasx, or anyone else is more than welcome to talk to me in PM.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From his site:
"It's over. It has been a nice time, but everything must come to an end… After 8 months of a carefree life without posting news… here we are. Everything is still alive. I don’t have all that much time anymore, and my interest is slightly fading, but I fully intend to finish any projects listed under my name on the translation page."

Xenosaga 1&2 is still listed. looks like quite a bit of progress has been made. all we can do is stay hopeful and supportive.

xKalasx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not patient enough? Please. You're probably not even looking forward to this. -_- Am I trolling? No. I'm speaking my mind. Go look for a better reason to remove a post, instead of placing a reason that might piss someone else off. You're a moderator, live up to your bloody job.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me it seems like he put an unrealistic amount of work upon himself and that's probably why he's losing interest. It's not complaining, it's psychology. If you aren't enjoying something, you probably won't do that something for very long. Perhaps someday someone will assist him because it seems like he's made a lot of progress over the years but weighed down by having too many simultaneous projects.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's not losing interest... he's not working as a translator, the fact that the translator IS the one who's making the progress is completly not related to the many projects Kingcom have.

Anjumastu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just checked his website and saw no "recent" news of this project. I hope it's still going. Even a small "yes, it's still being worked on" would be enough :). Just bought a copy of this. I hope the translation gets finished eventually (even if it's not soon, I have many other games to play first anyway)

Anjumastu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just checked his website and saw no "recent" news of this project. I hope it's still going. Even a small "yes, it's still being worked on" would be enough :). Just bought a copy of this. I hope the translation gets finished eventually (even if it's not soon, I have many other games to play first anyway)

EDIT: Crap, double posted, and I don't even know how. Wish I could delete this one.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, he's a great hacker but he needs more support and more fan appreciation. Fan appreciation is motivation. But he doesn't update enough to get that. Translating a game (including the hacking part) is a hard process that has to be done carefully for the projects not to die. Still, I believe in Kingcom's ability to succeed regardless of the circumstances, and am looking forward to his success.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again, the hacking part is done, it's the translator who's working at his pace.
No one is to blame here. Just need more time.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't get why people complain, Kingcom has always released few updates per year, at most you get 2 updates per year, but unlike most translation groups, they see their projects to the end. I'm a big fan of Kingcom's tranlation group since they've worked on some of my fave games already (Tales of Innocence with Absolute Zero and Super Robot Wars J). People complain about how they dont give updates or whatever, but the thing is, they prolly have a life besides translating and hacking, so it's bound to be done during their free time and people still think they have a right to complain... It's because of logic like this that several groups end up giving up on their projects.

Anyways, their projects are still active and although the one I'm looking foward to the most is Super Robot Wars D, but Xenosaga is also a great game that I will play once it's translated.

Anjumastu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wasn't complaining personally, I'm grateful already that, at least, the translation IS coming. Was merely voicing my interest for this project, letting its inceptors know, if they ever visit here, that some people are still eagerly looking forward to the finished product :).

martiano16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo... It's been a year? Is this still going? Cuz i've been checking for like almost a year and no posts! Am I wrong or what? I just wanna be able to play this game in English because I'm still playing Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier EXCEED. (I beat the 1st one, and am just grinding the crap outta that one tower with the new game +) Anyways, so I decided to branch out a liitle into some of the characters, i'm playiong some Robot Taisen games so i'm good for now. But I very much would like to play a Xenosaga game. All I have is a DS so yeah... :P Best Wishes and I hope it's finished soon :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning