Gaming Hardware Misc Replacing OTR texture Files within OoT Reload for PC Port "Ship of Harkanian?" To get a better experience?

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I am hoping someone could pretty PLEASE give me some info on this. I just recently figured out how to literally use OTR files right? And I wan't to be able to see if I can replace GhostlyDark's textures "They have a tutorial on how to do it." With Retro. I'm NOT sure WHAT Retro is so PLEASE BEAR WITH ME! T_T I'm still new to this stuff. Modding OoT PC Port "SoH", etc. I need some help here. I'm afraid to go back to the Hylian Modding Discord server to get answers. "DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS" I know one of the mods there. Etc. Was close friends with him, etc. So yeah, that type of deal, left so many times. Due to personal reasons. Afraid If I go back. Don't want em to ban me, etc. You know how that works. Ugh. I hate my self sometimes. I got bad ANXIETY so sorry. T_T Anyhow back to the topic. How does all this work? I am dumping the textures correct? I want to try to get some certain textures from Gamebanana to work WITH OoT ReLoaded and play it on my 4kTV. I want to set it up on my TV with a good immersive experience, etc. Like make it modern, etc. I want to learn how to mess with this stuff. I especially want to learn how to replace the text ASSETS with the Switch Pro Controller. Etc. Especially if I plan on getting a Wii U later down the line, etc. I am HOPING someon can help me PLEASE! T_T :D Sorry if my OCD is acting up. I love it here. You guys never gave me any troubles before. I was hoping someone who is EXPERIENCED with OTR files can help me. I noticed some textures were LITERALLY conflicting with certain models/mods. Like I was using a Hyrule Warriors model for Link with Re-Loaded and Link's eyes looked posessed, etc. Which kinda scared me a bit. Lmao. So I'm like, if I take some of Link's eye textures out of the OTR file, and recreate it, and make put the 4k mod in the Mods file, and Add the Hyrule Warriors mod for example. SHOULD I have no issues with Link's eyes looking posessed, etc? I am new to this so I am hoping to try to create some mods for my self. I REALLY want to make a Majora's Mask Heart HUD for OoT. I used to mess with textures before so idk how to do it. Someone made a Majora's Mask Menu already, etc. With the hearts. I just don't want to extract someone elses work and steal it, etc. That's not just me. I just want certain mods to work with each other the way I see fit, etc. Hope this makes sense. I'm still lerning. I plan on getting a Steam Deck as well. So hoping I could eventually get it working on there as well. And doesn ANYONE know how to change the text assets and recompile them for the Pro Controller? I prefer to play with the Pro Controller, sorry. :'( Hopefully someone can help a fellow fan out. Sorry. Does this go with the SM64 PC port as well? Wish someone would make tutorials on how to do these complex things. :( Thank you. :) I'm still dumping the textures and its still "Processing" etc. Do you guys know how long it takes? It's been like 30 minutes so far. So idk how long it'll take for it to dump all the textures with Retro. I never used it before. :( Thank you. ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch