Gaming X-Box Live Support with Windows 8...!?!

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that all of the Metro UI devices will have some sort of integration... It would be cool if you could play XBox games on a W7P or on PC Using Windows 8 (vNext). I love the Metro UI, It's more appealing to me than the classic blocky apps... The sharp, crisp, simple design makes it amazing....

alphaspunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm pretty sure that all of the Metro UI devices will have some sort of integration... It would be cool if you could play XBox games on a W7P or on PC Using Windows 8 (vNext). I love the Metro UI, It's more appealing to me than the classic blocky apps... The sharp, crisp, simple design makes it amazing....
Yup then I cud play gears of war 2,3 on my pc...!!!

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't they block cross-platform on 360 because the console players couldn't beat PC gamers? Then again, we're talking about Microsoft after all...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they block cross-platform on 360 because the console players couldn't beat PC gamers? Then again, we're talking about Microsoft after all...
I didn't know they even had one to begin with, but the reason of console players not being able to beat PC gamers would be true. Nothing beats using the mouse with FPS!

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
so let me get this straight-with windows 8 I can play xbox 360 games on my laptop.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't know they even had one to begin with, but the reason of console players not being able to beat PC gamers would be true. Nothing beats using the mouse with FPS!
I recall reading somewhere that they held tests with cross-platform gameplay, but I'm not 100% sure.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, it wouldn't run very good without a decent graphics processor, so unless you're playing Fallout 3 or Halo 3, you're probably not going to get the same effect. Skyrim would probably not run on my Netbook, even if it had the necessary OS and stuff. Now, it would be nice to see a fully-fledged portable gaming system produced by Microsoft.

alphaspunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hunh...Just hope microsoft get sumthin simple enuf... dont want it to look or work like pcsx2... direct disk insertion to play would b gr8...!

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hunh...Just hope microsoft get sumthin simple enuf... dont want it to look or work like pcsx2... direct disk insertion to play would b gr8...!
I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't think that you will be able to play an XBox disc on a PC, especially since Windows 8 will be optimized for tablets. At the best, there will probably something like Steam.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt they'll implement this, at least fully.. As in maybe some select games on W8 that'll be cross platform, but if you can buy and play any game on your PC that you can on your Xbox (720?), then there'd be no point in owning an Xbox.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if you can buy and play any game on your PC that you can on your Xbox (720?), then there'd be no point in owning an Xbox.
Maybe they r plannin to increase the sales of the x-box 360 games as sum1 mentioned in the above forums...?

That'd seem pretty stupid for them to kill off their entire Xbox franchise and increase the games.. It's selling so well.

I remember reading that they're creating one "ecosystem" for Xbox, PC, & Smartphones.. I wonder what they have up their sleeves to make this happen efficiently, i.e. without killing off any of the brands. They want you to own as many "Microsoft" products as possible.

Reactions: 2 people

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.winrumors.com/xbox-live-windows-8-gamers-can-play-against-pc-win-phone-and-xbox-video/

Basically this'll be an enhanced version of G4WL, with avatars, achievements, Cloud saves, etc., but the biggest feature will be cross-platform multiplayer between Xbox devices (I'm assuming that they're going to something about KB+M advantage though).
Also, DirectX 12.

EDIT: The cross-platform multiplayer will most likely be in games that don't have a KB+M or a controller advantage (such as turnbased games).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.