Official wudump - dump raw images from a wiiu game disc

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by FIX94, Dec 3, 2016.

1. FIX94
    OP

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    it probably breaks several patches so either use no cfw or haxchis one when trying to dump games or else you may get some weird overlapping of code.

2. CosmoCortney

Member CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Germany
    @FIX94 could it be possible to add features like "Shut down when dump is complete (Press +)" and "Do you want to dump another disc"?

3. Andim

Member Andim GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I got out of mocha and tried to dump again. It appears to work at first, before freezing at 6 or 7% every time. I made sure my SD had 25GB+ free. I dunno what's wrong. Maybe it doesn't like Mario Maker?

4. gl1mml1ng

Member gl1mml1ng GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    For me it was stopping at 6% too, while dumping the full version of Wii Sports Club to SD. Now I'm trying USB instead. So far it is at 40% and still dumping :)

5. Andim

Australia
    I tried The Wonderful 101 since I wasn't making any progress with Mario Maker, and it worked perfectly. I'm gonna try Mario Maker with a USB to see if that works

Edit: No dice. It freezes at 6 or 7% every time. I can hear the drive spin down as it stops working. I tried multiple USBs as well. When I shut down the console it always has a 0KB WUD file, so I suspect the dumper isn't doing anything at all with Mario Maker.

Last edited by Andim, Dec 23, 2016
  6. Andim

Australia
    I gave up. wudump doesn't want anything to do with Mario maker. So I dumped the ticket with tik2sd and fed it into uTikdownloader. Same difference I guess.

7. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I'm getting stuck at 65% when trying to dump Starfox Zero, and at 67% with Bayonetta. I have enough free space in the SD not sure why it's happening. Using USB helper in the mean time, I spent all the afternoon trying to get a complete dump but no dice.

Mmmmhhh had only 14gb free,maybe that's the problem.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, Dec 24, 2016
  8. CosmoCortney

Germany
    You have to have at least 24GB of free space. I had no issue dumping any of the mentioned discs

OriginalHamster likes this.
  9. OriginalHamster

Chile
    Just dropping by to thanks for this awesome tool, I wonder if in the furture the PC side steps would be included in the same elf, that way you dump the disc and install at the same time, not sure if it's possible just wondering.

10. dojafoja

Member dojafoja life elevated

Antarctica
    Today I started dumping and installing all 13 of my disc games. Gonna take a while lol. Thanks for another great tool, you always deliver with your contributions. I have a 64 Gb SD and it'd be awesome if wud2app could convert a wudump folder in place, on the SD card, rather than on the PC. Or even just auto copy it back to the SD when its done so it could just be left unattended and ready to install afterwards. That's the only thing that, for me, could even slightly improve this already great tool. Cheers!

11. CosmoCortney

Germany
    ┬┤dumping my 27 discs took 4 days (I didnt dump them while I was sleeping). 1 dump takes 130 minutes here. so... 27 x 130 = 58 hours and 30 minutes :P

CreeperMario, WiiuGold and dojafoja like this.
  12. OriginalHamster

Chile
    I've already dumped 11 out my 37 disc -.-, I just started 1 week ago, I'm mixing WiiU Helper Downloads with wudump because overall the process is pretty slow if you only use one device.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, Dec 27, 2016
    CosmoCortney likes this.
  13. CosmoCortney

Germany
    yea, I kinda regretted I let my other's Wii U power cord at my room at school :P

14. lasthome

Newcomer lasthome Newbie

Spain
    [EUR] Disney Infinity 3.0 (WUP-P-BD3P) Dumped with
    wudump v1.4u1 :bow: thx fix94

CreeperMario likes this.
  15. ninjaswagshorts

Newcomer ninjaswagshorts Newbie

United States
    So I am currently dumping one disk as this is being posted, once it has finished and I combine it all into one file, what do I need to do in order to run the game without the disk? May someone explain what I need and what to do a bit more clearly to me? Thank you.

16. dojafoja

Antarctica
  17. nexusmtz

Member nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You don't even have to combine them first.
    We'll need to know what part of that needs clarification. It sounds like you're guessing that you're going to have trouble without having tried it yet. If you've never installed anything using wupinstaller, the thread that dojafoja linked is helpful, as is the Wii U USB Loading thread.

18. dojafoja

Antarctica
    Forgot to mention he would need to run wud2app to make it "ready to install" first. That's my bad.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Has anybody successfully dumped Nintendo Land? I've tried 3 times now, twice with an SD card as destination, and this last time I tried a fat32 HDD. All 3 times have frozen at 4% on 0x08E000. The disc has no visible scratches,smudges, etc. and plays just fine when inserted into the disc drive. I will resort to downloading it but that's not as fun.

nexusmtz likes this.
  19. nexusmtz

Member nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Comparing by title is meaningless because there are different regions and possibly different versions of the disc within the region. You'd have to ask if someone else successfully dumped the exact same title/region/version as yours (based on the numbers on the disc) before you could draw any conclusion based on the failure. It's doubtful that you'll find someone with a matching disc though, because not many of us have Antarctica WiiUs.

Also, keep in mind that any manufacturing defect that falls outside of the actual files would go unnoticed in normal use. The game only takes up 3GB, but to get a wud, all 24GB needs to be readable.

dojafoja likes this.
  20. dojafoja

Antarctica
    Guess I didn't think of that at the time. I've been taking Percocet today because of an injury and honestly I've been posting shit all day hopped up on pills, probably a bad judgment call lol.

I also didn't think of this, thanks for setting me straight. I realized you needed the entire disc to get a wud but honestly the damn thing looks brand new. But I suppose you are right that a minor manufacturing defect within the padded areas could cause it to fail.

:P

nexusmtz likes this.