• Likes 82

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you not answering users who are trying to help you on purpose or just didn't notice they asked you something multiple times?
I just had to help another users who ASKED for help, but didn't let us help him because he never replied to what we asked and did only what he wanted. I can tell you it's annoying to help someone who never give feedback.

If you REALLY want our help, please, at least, answer the users spending their time trying to help you ! that's the least you could do, no?
even if you don't want to follow their method, at least tell us, so we don't waste our time here.
it looks like a one way discussion.

and see, I'm even trying to help you : I suspect your issue is because you are trying to MERGE (why do you want to merge ? really, why?) 23GB on your SD card!
your SD card can't have a file bigger than 4GB, so it's hanging on your 3rd file...

again, why do you want to merge ? we told you that you DO NOT NEED MERGING to extract the game's content.

Reactions: Madridi

ozzy8143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
are you not answering users who are trying to help you on purpose or just didn't notice they asked you something multiple times?
I just had to help another users who ASKED for help, but didn't let us help him because he never replied to what we asked and did only what he wanted. I can tell you it's annoying to help someone who never give feedback.

If you REALLY want our help, please, at least, answer the users spending their time trying to help you ! that's the least you could do, no?
even if you don't want to follow their method, at least tell us, so we don't waste our time here.
it looks like a one way discussion.

and see, I'm even trying to help you : I suspect your issue is because you are trying to MERGE (why do you want to merge ? really, why?) 23GB on your SD card!
your SD card can't have a file bigger than 4GB, so it's hanging on your 3rd file...

again, why do you want to merge ? we told you that you DO NOT NEED MERGING to extract the game's content.

i managed to get it working using wud2app cmd.i have the game file to install on wup installer.thanks for your help

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you install a game after you convert it to APP with wud2app? The file will be 23GB and you cannot store files > 4GB on FAT32. Am I missing something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the disc size is 23GB.
the dump of the disc is split in multiple wud files of 1GB.
extracting the WUD disc image into encrypted content files (*.app, *.h3, title.*) to be installed with WUP installer is making files smaller than 4GB, so they fit on the SD card.

THATISRIGHT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all; sorry guys I'm really new in Homebrewing and even the Wii U.
I was reading this thread and on a certain point I was getting it. BUT when reading all those posts I just couldn't help myself to post this; could someone please tell me/explain how this exactly works (with or without a vid) make it more like a tutorial-thingy(of course you can send a PM). Because I desperately don't want to ruin my Wii U (can I still use new bought games when using this method), are any risks regarding the system?

The things I know (please correct me if I'm wrong):
  • I need a SD/USB of at least 23.3± GB
  • .WUD file (gamedisc)
  • (to split the .WUD file into multiple files) Unzipper Application or some sort?
  • Homebrew Launcher
  • Windows Computer
Thank you for any information :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need :
- a SD formatted as FAT32 ! (not exFAT)
- a SD or USB of at least 24GB, formatted as FAT32 ! (not exFAT)
- a disc (not a wud file)

It will :
- copy the disc data into your external device into multiple 1GB files (split wud files)

How to :
1)
if you don't have homebrew launcher, visit http://wiiubru.com/go and select appstore
from this program, install to your SD card : the appstore, the homebrew launcher, wudump

2)
insert your game disc

3)
if you have the homebrew launcher with required apps, visit http://wiiubru.com to launch the homebrew launcher
load wudump from the homebrew launcher, and select where you want to copy your disc (to SD or USB).

4) wait..., wait.. few hours, until the game disc is dumped (copied) to your SD or USB.

5) you now have a copy of your disc split in multiple files.
you can :
- extract its content from the split files, no need to join them first ;
or
- join all the split files into a single wud file (but you need to use a different partition, you can't join on FAT32)

in both case, do not use a "zipper app of some sort", use a program written specifically to manage Wud, Wux and split Wud or Wux files
Extraction can be done using wud2app, linked on the first post of the thread.
other format conversion can be done using JWUDTool, found in another thread.

Reactions: naddel81

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my first ripped game failed with error .... verify wup files are correct and complete. dlc eshop require sig patch..... game I tried was codb2. I did not merge the files. I'm going to try re dumping the game

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my first ripped game failed with error .... verify wup files are correct and complete. dlc eshop require sig patch..... game I tried was codb2. I did not merge the files. I'm going to try re dumping the game
What was the error? I've never actually see the tool fail with an error. It normally just freezes.

I had an issue where it was freezing at random spots and then I tried to SD instead of USB and was able to dump the same game. Then I tried a different hard drive and cable. I have dumped about 8 games so far. The only other times it has failed is the partition I was dumping to ran out of space (again, it freezes).

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the rip seems to go fine even wub2app seems to work its when I go to install the game I get the error. which is almost word for word what I typed between the .....-..... dots in both wup installers. ive re ripped. ive tryied with the disk out of the wii u I removed the - in the folder name it gave me. I tryied wile in mocha and also tried just sig patcher

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I started a dump of my Yoshi woolly world before doing some errands. and it is installing now. so I'm not sure whats wrong with codb2. the only difference is I let cod go over night and when I wake up the wii u is off. when I got home this time the wii u was still on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What was the error? I've never actually see the tool fail with an error. It normally just freezes.

I had an issue where it was freezing at random spots and then I tried to SD instead of USB and was able to dump the same game. Then I tried a different hard drive and cable. I have dumped about 8 games so far. The only other times it has failed is the partition I was dumping to ran out of space (again, it freezes).
and now almost half way threw the installation of woolly world wup installer gx errors and says possiable bad sd card reformat 32 blocks or replace?

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well I started a dump of my Yoshi woolly world before doing some errands. and it is installing now. so I'm not sure whats wrong with codb2. the only difference is I let cod go over night and when I wake up the wii u is off. when I got home this time the wii u was still on

and now almost half way threw the installation of woolly world wup installer gx errors and says possiable bad sd card reformat 32 blocks or replace?
You dumped to the card, then did the wud2app from the card to the card? Sounds like the card may be going bad.

What I recommend, if possible, you use a USB FAT32 drive to dump to. Then on PC wud2app from the USB FAT32 to the card. This way you reduce the number of writes to the card (reduce wear). At this point, if you are using the card only for install files (not REDNAND), then I would recommend reformatting it (not a full, quick).

I'm up to 12 dumps now of retain discs I own. I'm doing a mass install this morning (only installed 3 of the 12 so far). Will let you know if I run into any errors. At this point it is most likely the card and hopefully a format may help you buy some time before you need to ultimately replace the card.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its got to be something to do with doing it on the card its self. After the dump i would run wup2app. Right on the card to save the transfer time. I did find it odd that it was only outputing cod as 6.03gb. But being my first dump. Ibwasent sure if this was smaller then loadline or not. As soon as i did the conversion on tje pc i seen. Part of what happened. The output file on pc. Is. A little over 18gb. Once that was done and transfered nacknto the. Wii u it installed fine. I havent retried woolly world yet. Can i use a flash drive wile. My 1tb hdd is plugged in? Inwas using the main sd card mywii u uses but if i can bypass that that would be great

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Games are much smaller when decrypted. They will be a standard 23GB in raw form. Some of my dumps are < 1GB. Some games are really small.

You also want to make sure you give the card time to finish syncing. Just because the conversion completes, it doesn't mean the writes are finished making it to the SD card. If you are using a REAL operating system like something GNU based like Linux or even MAC OS, you can run "sync" and ensure it returns before unmounting the SD card. At bare minimum use the Windowsz remove safely feature. If you pop the card out of your PC before it finishes writing, your wud2app conversion files will be corrupt.

Reactions: aenoch

Phisherman81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I made (light) changes into wud2app source code and build files to make it work under macOS : source and binary.

Just in case someone here would be interested :-)

OMG! You are my HERO!!!!

So with this I should be able to dump, merge and install my discs to the home menu with the help of my mac (no PC required)?

Reactions: Romain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"