FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since this was not done before I just decided to go ahead and do it because why not.
https://github.com/FIX94/wudump/releases
Please note that you have to be on 5.5.1/5.5.2 for this to work.
Download and run the .elf from homebrew launcher with a fat32 sd card/usb device inserted that has at least 23.3gb free.
The files will be dumped in 2gb parts, you will have to merge them yourself afterwards if you need the full game.wud.
A full dump can take a little over one and a half hours.
After it has been dumped the wud parts, common.key and game.key will be in a "wudump" folder on your sd card/usb device, to get the full game.wud you will have to merge them.
If you are on windows you can use something like this for example to merge them into a game.wud on a "wudump" folder on your C drive from a cmd in the sd/usb folder:
Code:
copy /b game_part1.wud + game_part2.wud + game_part3.wud + game_part4.wud + game_part5.wud + game_part6.wud + game_part7.wud + game_part8.wud + game_part9.wud + game_part10.wud + game_part11.wud + game_part12.wud C:\wudump\game.wud

If you would just like to install your game using wupinstaller then grab wud2app:
https://github.com/FIX94/wud2app/releases
If you dont want to merge all .wud files you can put wud2app into a folder on your pc and run it from a cmd with the wudump folder path as argument, for example if the sd/usb folder happens to be in "P:\wudump\WUP-P-TEST" on windows you can just run wud2app like:
Code:
wud2app "P:\wudump\WUP-P-TEST"
If you do have all .wud files merged then put wud2app into the folder of the merged .wud and run it like run it like:
Code:
wud2app common.key game.key game.wud
Make sure to copy the common.key and game.key into that folder as well if you use that method.
The folder it creates can just be installed by wupinstaller.
While it is quite basic it gets the job done I guess, all I really wanted to do anyways :P

Last edited by FIX94,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this was not done before I just decided to go ahead and do it because why not.
https://github.com/FIX94/wud2sd/releases
Download and run the .elf from homebrew launcher with a sd card inserted that has at least 23.3gb free.
The files will be dumped in 2gb parts, you will have to merge them yourself afterwards.
A full dump can take a little over one and a half hours, you should also probably disconnect any usb device before letting it dump or else it might dump far, far slower.
After it has been dumped the wud parts and the key.bin will be in a "wud2sd" folder on your sd card.
If you are on windows you can use something like this for example to merge them into a game.wud on a "wud2sd" folder on your C drive from a cmd in the sd folder:
Code:
copy /b game_part1.wud + game_part2.wud + game_part3.wud + game_part4.wud + game_part5.wud + game_part6.wud + game_part7.wud + game_part8.wud + game_part9.wud + game_part10.wud + game_part11.wud + game_part12.wud C:\wud2sd\game.wud
While it is quite basic it gets the job done I guess, all I really wanted to do anyways :P
OMG with this am I gonna be able to install my USA copy of Mass Effect? (dumping it first and the getting the installable packages)?? D:

Reactions: Maschell

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not sure if its my adapter for my micro sdxc or something funny with the way i formatted but i figured out a way to slow this down...

but as usual thank you for your work and help you provide , the new addition seems to be working great and much improved my personal speed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over