Homebrew Working dsiwarehax installer with waithax/slowhax

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wouldn't that essentially make this useless in the long run? If you can't use the injected DsiWare (yet) for slowhax downgrading yet ALL of the exploitable titles have been pulled, only people who previously bought said titles and were lying in wait can benefit from this. Not that that is a bad thing of course, it's not as "hype" with no way for others to make use of it IMO. The injected DSiWare + System Transfer seems to be a more universal way. Why would Plailect add it to his guide before the majority of people could use it?

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wouldn't that essentially make this useless in the long run? If you can't use the injected DsiWare (yet) for slowhax downgrading yet ALL of the exploitable titles have been pulled, only people who previously bought said titles and were lying in wait can benefit from this. Not that that is a bad thing of course, it's not as "hype" with no way for others to make use of it IMO. The injected DSiWare + System Transfer seems to be a more universal way. Why would Plailect add it to his guide before the majority of people could use it?
slowhax is an arm11 kernel exploit, so it can be used for more than just this. we could get legit cia's on newer nonhacked fw again. and apparently there was a TOCTOU vuln that could allow downgrading without dsiware. no one seems to have done anything for those yet though.

so as of now we have 3 downgrade methods for 11.0 and 11.1. hardmod, system transfer with lots of dsiware, and slowhax for those who planned ahead.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, and now i feel like an idiot for forgetting you can't even inject a DSiWare title without a hackable DS anyway Lol.... Welp, good show then! I'm kind of upset now that I bought LOE on my A9LH system prior to the injection discovery when I could have saved $5. Oh well, it's an alright game haha

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im updated to 11.2 with a9lh installed so im pretty much good, only thing is.......after i link my nnid none of my eshop games (pkmn sun mario etc) are showing up.

HoldenRedcap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im updated to 11.2 with a9lh installed so im pretty much good, only thing is.......after i link my nnid none of my eshop games (pkmn sun mario etc) are showing up.

Don't link your NNID again. It's fine if you already did. Just flash the backup nand you made before you began the whole downgrading process. The one that's on 11.2 after the softbrick. Boot into hourglass9 by holding down start and pressing the power button with your device turned off. Go to sysnand backup/restore>>>>>> sysnand restore (keep a9lh)>>>>>> flash the backup nand.

Edit: and the backup nand goes in your flies9 folder.

Last edited by HoldenRedcap,
Reactions: MarzDaindigo

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't link your NNID again. It's fine if you already did. Just flash the backup nand you made before you began the whole downgrading process. The one that's on 11.2 after the softbrick. Boot into hourglass9 by holding down start and pressing the power button with your device turned off. Go to sysnand backup/restore>>>>>> sysnand restore (keep a9lh)>>>>>> flash the backup nand.

Edit: and the backup nand goes in your flies9 folder.

The dgtool nand?

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The one you made just before you used TinyFormat.

Ok i just wanted to make sure it wouldnt make me lose a9lh since i did it before but im learning as i go so my nand was a sysnand (infrastructure) but emunand is what accesses the arm9 and homebrew (application)

Last edited by MarzDaindigo,
Reactions: HoldenRedcap

Mrrraou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
new method to use this:
download the latest waithax .3dsx release on my repo here,
run it, and then run whatever you want when it's done running: 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer, etc...
you can download most of these apps from their original authors, no modifications/forks needed.
for fbi, you need to use my fork which removes the integrated khax exploit (probably, but just use it to be safe i guess and not have to do it again, i only got crashes on stuff with the releases): https://github.com/Mrrraou/FBI/releases/download/v2.4.2-nok11hax/FBI.3dsx
also, take note that rebooting will "remove" all the privilege escalation done, so don't reboot until you're done, else you will have to run waithax again.
Enjoy

this dsiwarehax_installer fork is not needed anymore, you can now use yellows8's original.

Last edited by Mrrraou,

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new method to use this:
run it, and then run whatever you want when it's done running: 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer, etc...
you can download most of these apps from their original authors, no modifications/forks needed.
for fbi, you need to use my fork which removes the integrated khax exploit (probably, but just use it to be safe i guess and not have to do it again, i only got crashes on stuff with the releases): https://github.com/Mrrraou/FBI/releases/download/v2.4.2-nok11hax/FBI.3dsx
also, take note that rebooting will "remove" all the privilege escalation done, so don't reboot until you're done, else you will have to run waithax again.
Enjoy

this dsiwarehax_installer fork is not needed anymore, you can now use yellows8's original.
Will this work on 11.2?

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work on 11.2?
no. slowhax was patched in 11.2. veryslowpidhax should work on 11.2 i think, but not much code has been written for that due to th whole 2 week wait thing. ive seen some untested poc floating around, but no one wants to let their 3ds sit for a month to see if it works or not

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, I've tried it 3 times, and every time, it just gives me that error message that requires recovery mode to bring me back to 11.2.

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Done with my last system (black N3ds). Works as advertised, but I'm not certain where the 20 minutes estimate came from on N3ds. It's definitely taking about 69 minutes.
The rest of the process was just as usual. Got the frankenfirm at the 9.2 point, but after doing that part a few times, I can easily fix them.
AL9H is next, but there's no need rush...:yay3ds:

Lasstmicharzt

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is Germany the only place where you can't redownload pulled eshop games?
Since I am in the haxing game a little longer I own fieldrunner on 2 nnids, but I can only bring it back through a nand backup after a system tranfer.
How can I get it to a mint 2ds with 11.0 without beeing able to get it from the eshop for slowhax?

HeyMath

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
new method to use this:
Enjoy

How do I run this? D:
I'm on version 11.1 and I don't have a homebrew entrypoint yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1