Homebrew Working dsiwarehax installer with waithax/slowhax

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have 2.50-11. Seems like you restored your nand backup but didn't run the 10.4 NFirm downgrade. Run that first (with the proper F0F1Firm Backup if you didn't do it the first time). Check 3DSident and confirm it states 2.50-11. THEN proceed with tinyformat->sysdowngrader->installing K9LH->NAND restore

Ok ive done a tiny format now i dont have any entry points to do sysdowngrader just frunners and 4 swords

Do i need to connect wifi and update to get steelhax back or restore my nand orrrrrrrrr?

Last edited by MarzDaindigo,

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. it is A9LH or K9LH

2. A9LH = n3ds
K9LH = o3ds

however, some people say A9LH anyway with a o3ds because it is a more common term
theyre both the same thing, just slightly different names

the 32c3 talk referred to it as arm9loaderhax. salt and some others refer to it as k9lh, because nintendo called it k9loader or something. arm9loader is a n3ds thing, that can be used on an o3ds for a9lh.

im 3 drinks into the night, so the above might not be 100% true

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So since tiny format unlinked my nnid should i just restore my nand and try downgrading again?
no just use OOT run HBL then downgrad
you should restore your nand after install a9lh
by the way do you backup everthing in sdcard before format?
I remember use system format everthing gone I am not sure how about tinyformat
that means when you format system it will delete Nintendo3ds folder on your sdcard then create new one

Last edited by srwgin,
Reactions: MarzDaindigo

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no just use OOT run HBL then downgrad
you should restore your nand after install a9lh
by the way do you backup everthing in sdcard before format?
I remember use system format everthing gone I am not sure how about tinyformat
that means when you format system it will delete Nintendo3ds folder on your sdcard then create new one
Well i just finished restoring my nand (did it before you posted) and all my stuff is there so ill try DGing and see what happens but if i get a brick ill get my oot cart (im at my moms house and its at my house) and just DG when i tiny format again. Thanks for the help

Last edited by MarzDaindigo,

HoldenRedcap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have 2.50-11. Seems like you restored your nand backup but didn't run the 10.4 NFirm downgrade. Run that first (with the proper F0F1Firm Backup if you didn't do it the first time). Check 3DSident and confirm it states 2.50-11. THEN proceed with tinyformat->sysdowngrader->installing K9LH->NAND restore

Just wanted to let you know that I used TinyFormat in the way you instructed and that got be past the black error screen. I followed the guide to the letter and got a9lh installed. The nand that I had backed up from earlier is currently restored. It's as if nothing happend. ;) Thank you so much!

Reactions: MarzDaindigo

MetalGearSolis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ive done a tiny format now i dont have any entry points to do sysdowngrader just frunners and 4 swords

Do i need to connect wifi and update to get steelhax back or restore my nand orrrrrrrrr?
How did you get your DSiWare titles back on there after using TinyFormat? I'm stuck in the softbrick process too but I'm confused as to how we're supposed to go back into the DSiWarehax game after if the decryption keys change.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
How did you get your DSiWare titles back on there after using TinyFormat? I'm stuck in the softbrick process too but I'm confused as to how we're supposed to go back into the DSiWarehax game after if the decryption keys change.
maybe he already downgrad firm he just use zelda OOT downgrad to 9.2

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Run that first (with the proper F0F1Firm Backup if you didn't do it the first time). Check 3DSident and confirm it states 2.50-11. THEN proceed with tinyformat->sysdowngrader->installing K9LH->NAND restore

you see he format after downgraded his NFirm
not format before downgraded his NFirm

MetalGearSolis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run that first (with the proper F0F1Firm Backup if you didn't do it the first time). Check 3DSident and confirm it states 2.50-11. THEN proceed with tinyformat->sysdowngrader->installing K9LH->NAND restore

you see he format after downgraded his NFirm
not format before downgraded his NFirm

Ah, I hadn't seen that post. That makes a lot more sense. Backing up my NAND right now and will try that after.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
some poeple can not downgraded to 9.2 because softbrick
but they already downgraded firm,so backup everything in sdcard and nand
then try downgraded to 9.2 again after format system

HoldenRedcap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some poeple can not downgraded to 9.2 because softbrick
but they already downgraded firm,so backup everything in sdcard and nand
then try downgraded to 9.2 again after format system

This is what I did, but will you need a physical cart for this to work? I have freakyforms deluxe as my entrypoint, but I have a cart. I do not have the eshop version. Using TinyFormat doesn't erase your sd card, but it makes the games on your sd card (or is it just the "Nintendo 3DS" folder?) inaccessible to your 3ds I think? Only my dsiware game remained in the home menu after using TinyFormat and it still had its exploited save intact. In that case, it's super important to have a backup nand and nfirm. If you use TinyFormat without any backups, and you suddenly don't have entrypoints, you're stuck right?

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
yes if you don't have freakyforms deluxe zelda OOT then you don't have entrypoints
so you can not run HBL then downgraded to 9.2
but if your 3ds is 11.0 you can use browerhax run hbl XD
if 11.1 need a physical cart

Reactions: HoldenRedcap

HoldenRedcap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I did that, set up A9LH, and restored my NAND backup from before, and now A9LH is gone :-)
Are you sure it's gone? My freakyhax stopped working for some reason. I thought I lost homebrew access, but the homebrew launcher cia I installed boots up fine. Can you boot into Hourglass9? Hold start with the system off, then press the power button while holding down start. I had to inject fbi into the health and safety app again to install the fbi cia, then the other cias.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Are you sure it's gone? My freakyhax stopped working for some reason. I thought I lost homebrew access, but the homebrew launcher cia I installed boots up fine. Can you boot into Hourglass9? Hold start with the system off, then press the power button while holding down start. I had to inject fbi into the health and safety app again to install the fbi cia, then the other cias.
do you update to 12.1?I am not sure freakyhax support 12.1 or not
you should download 11.2 otherapp payload and rename to otherapp.bin put it in root of your sdcard

Last edited by srwgin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: