Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goncalodoom said:
chaosisme said:
goncalodoom said:
i downloaded the latest akaio and renamed it __rpg and it runs perfect on r4sdhc!but what is the diference between akaio and wood_rpg?

Which R4SDHC do you have? The one from r4sdhc.com? Link to the one you downloaded? Xenon's? Which Kernel are you running?
r4sdhc from here http://www.r4sdhc.com/r4sdhc.asp and im using kernell 1.34

So what is the thing you downloaded that worked?

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
chaosisme said:
Xenon++ said:
chaosisme said:
goncalodoom said:
but you cant saves in loads of games
I was able to save games on mine. I'm thinking the problems with saving are only in certain games and not all of Wood.
Does my version work without renaming?
I didn't try it because it had a .dat firmware replacement, and I have yet to have any luck with those at all. I can only run things like R4Menu, YSMenu, and Wood as a .nds file.

I liked the first link in the original post because it was simply a .nds file and 1 folder. Simple!
So just ignore dat. Could you test just akmenu_r4.nds?
Yeah I will test it later. When I extracted the files I have _rpg folder, woodr4 folder, ak4_r4.nds, and _DS_MENU.dat. I should put everything except the .dat on there then?

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I used Xenon's version, and I actually made it into the game(smt:st), and instead of getting black screens when I try to save it goes to the save menu... this is the furthest I've gotten in this game yet without crashing... but when I go to save I get the same save error.

hate2.gif

...so close!

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's stuck on the black screen with "Loading..." on it on my R4 SDHC. I formatted with the panasonic formatter before I placed clone wood 1.05

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nikolay said:
It's stuck on the black screen with "Loading..." on it on my R4 SDHC. I formatted with the panasonic formatter before I placed clone wood 1.05
put the woodr4.nds and __rpg on your the root of our microsd dont delete your _ds_menu.dat ,then select woodr4.nds on your r4

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goncalodoom said:
Nikolay said:
put the woodr4.nds and __rpg on your the root of our microsd dont delete your _ds_menu.dat ,then select woodr4.nds on your r4

Thanks, that worked. I thought I had to just place the clone wood firmware but apparently not.

Edit: Error saving data in Pokemon HeartGold

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, I think the save issue exists because we are loading the firmware as a rom. So the R4 is like emulating an emulator and trying to save inside a virtual space rather than the physical card...

Just what it seems like to me!

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chambz said:
TBH, I think the save issue exists because we are loading the firmware as a rom. So the R4 is like emulating an emulator and trying to save inside a virtual space rather than the physical card...

I load R4Menu and YSMenu as a .nds file and don't have the same problems though.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Chambz said:

that is the same shit for ysmenu,but it works and saves on ysmenu, its not cause of that,if woodr4 on clones is capable on loading a save file,then it is capable of saving them on the same save file,but there is something wrong we still have not figured out

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested all the files in the front of the Page won't work. But when i tried Xenon++ posted files it works on my Ak2i Clone. I'm going to test it now if it run games & save properly
biggrin.gif

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sad to say that it won't run any Games. It passes tru the Menu but when i start Games it got stuck in the "Loading" - Blue Part
frown.gif

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Damian666 said:
yeah, i have that too, shows menu's, settings and all perfect, except it wont load the games xD

coming close though ^^

Damian666
thats because that is not an r4 clone,that is the same or ysmenu, only works on r4 and clones,but it runs on other flashcarts but doesnt work when loading games,cause they are not r4clones

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Damian666 said:
duh, i know xD

still, xenon's one is still the one that gets damn close ^^

just hoping it will work
smile.gif

Damian666
this was not only for you its for all the people that didnt know,and that "duh" was not necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...