Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if i should post this here, but i dont want to open a new thread.
So this is my question:

I downloaded a file with all smogons sets (.pk6) so i want to paste those pokes in my save file with Pkhex. My question is:

Do i need to use my OT, SID, etc when i put them in my save in Pkhex? Or i can just leave them like they are? I think they need the "Latest Handler OT" to proove they are traded, right?

The thing is to change them OT, SID, etc to mine or leave like that.

Thanks guys.

Depends on how you want the mons to appear in the game. I think you can set the hadler and also the memories and current location.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if i should post this here, but i dont want to open a new thread.
So this is my question:

I downloaded a file with all smogons sets (.pk6) so i want to paste those pokes in my save file with Pkhex. My question is:

Do i need to use my OT, SID, etc when i put them in my save in Pkhex? Or i can just leave them like they are? I think they need the "Latest Handler OT" to proove they are traded, right?

The thing is to change them OT, SID, etc to mine or leave like that.

Thanks guys.
Can you send a link to where you found those?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I installed directly on my save with pchex++ without any problem, also you have to check if that's the last updated folder, the newest folder have less ilegal Pokémon

Good to know, thanks. Where can i find the latest folder? Send me a private if you can.

Depends on how you want the mons to appear in the game. I think you can set the hadler and also the memories and current location.

I really dont care how they appear. I just want them to be legal. So if they had a diferent OT and stuff they would just be trade mons but legal, right?

Can you send a link to where you found those?

Sure, i will send you a private later.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know, thanks. Where can i find the latest folder? Send me a private if you can.

I really dont care how they appear. I just want them to be legal. So if they had a diferent OT and stuff they would just be trade mons but legal, right?

Sure, i will send you a private later.

To be honest I'm not sure if they would be legal. It depends if nintendo makes that check of If TID ne current TID then check the traded assumptions etc..

I always make my mons appear traded just in case that check is implemented. Honestly I make a trade and then examine the pk6 files vs my created pk6 files to make sure they look exactly the same for the game and Ninty's servers.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
To be honest I'm not sure if they would be legal. It depends if nintendo makes that check of If TID ne current TID then check the traded assumptions etc..

I always make my mons appear traded just in case that check is implemented. Honestly I make a trade and then examine the pk6 files vs my created pk6 files to make sure they look exactly the same for the game and Ninty's servers.

How you make your mons looks "traded"? By adding a "Last trainer OT" and memories?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How you make your mons looks "traded"? By adding a "Last trainer OT" and memories?

Exactly it's the latest handler and memories that make it appear traded and otherwise invisible to Nintendo servers. How I found this is for example I got a traded ratatta from a wifi trade, then I create a ratatta from scratch and try to replicate, when I did hex compare I found the memories where missing

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
So, when i edit my pokemons ev's, iv's, natures, and/or moves, it will connect to online random battles. but after the select pokemon screen it kicks me out of online every time.

FIX: switch pokemon to your battle box, connect to online, then you can switch them back to party.

has far has i am aware pchex++ cannot generate PID thats why your getting kicked you need to change natures and ivs via the pkhex and then generate a new pid
on pc and from there if you need to change evs and moves pchexx is fine

Changing natures and IV's requires PID generation , Memories thing does not affect the ability to battle online

Last edited by Scorpiopt,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has far has i am aware pchex++ cannot generate PID thats why your getting kicked you need to change natures and ivs via the pkhex and then generate a new pid

Changing natures and IV's requires PID generation , Memories thing does not affect the ability to battle online
Which is why we'v said 100+ times to heal them, put them in the daycare or fix them manually with PKHeX. That fixes the PID problem and checksum mismatches from editing. It's only been mentioned on every other page.....

VeniaSilente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Which is why we'v said 100+ times to heal them, put them in the daycare or fix them manually with PKHeX. That fixes the PID problem and checksum mismatches from editing. It's only been mentioned on every other page.....

May I suggest as a "feature", adding a message to PcHex++ during execution that "please remember to heal / daycare your mons before using them? It's only been mentioned on every other page..."? Most likely would be useful near the end of exectution, when recreating the savefile.

Because really, some people just don't get things until they're screamed to their face, hence safety adverts.

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

IVs, PID and Nature are no longer correlated in this Gen.

arda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
I haven't updated alpha sapphire to 1.4; is pchex compatible with latest patch?

(I searched many forums but I haven't found if update patches pokemon dump/injection. I don't wanna load omega ruby just to discover this)

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi
I haven't updated alpha sapphire to 1.4; is pchex compatible with latest patch?

(I searched many forums but I haven't found if update patches pokemon dump/injection. I don't wanna load omega ruby just to discover this)
The ORAS updates themselves don't affect anything relevant to save editing.

Reactions: arda

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
It will take some time for this to become compatible. PKHex isn't even there yet.

I was only joking ;) just hyped!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm really getting worried here.
Last time @Slashcash was seen here was back in Jul 18, 2016.
He hasn't posted anything else since then.

Does anyone know if he is okay? :(
probably just life, college? school? some things are more important than building homebrew apps for 3ds (probably) ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.