Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
The goal right now is to get process9 decrypted and from there get emuNAND on N3DS, and then region free. Also again, we have no plans on making KARL 3DS a vector for the piracy of 3DS games, that's settled. No point in arguing about it here. If you want piracy just get a sky3ds or something and be happy.

This should be written in the project's first post. That may clear up some doubts and stop the rage from the people who can't bother to read the last few pages. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Reactions: SLiV3R

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have one little question:
You guys already mentioned no piracy, I totally support that.

Once you have emuNAND working for N3DS and you are running a CFW 9.5, will there be an option to install not signed CIAs for Homebrew apps?
And also running Homebrew .3ds/.3dsx files? (Not ROMs, but homebrew specifically).

It would be nice to be able to still run homebrew apps using Karl3DS without falling into piracy stuff, my guess is that it could be something related to signed 3DS/3DSX/CIA files.

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
I have one little question:
You guys already mentioned no piracy, I totally support that.

Once you have emuNAND working for N3DS and you are running a CFW 9.5, will there be an option to install not signed CIAs for Homebrew apps?
And also running Homebrew .3ds/.3dsx files? (Not ROMs, but homebrew specifically).

It would be nice to be able to still run homebrew apps using Karl3DS without falling into piracy stuff, my guess is that it could be something related to signed 3DS/3DSX/CIA files.

Too early to say, we have a few ideas in this area though.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how my thread is where people are routed to rant about piracy, on the topic can't figure out if this will be 9.0-9.2, im guessing it is.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Question: As for now n3ds will require cubic ninja. I have a copy, so no problem. I know there are no public entrypoints except CN, but i would ask you guys if at goals reached you could think to try to find a WebKit exploit in skater, or if this thing is out of your plans. Thank you

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Too early to say, we have a few ideas in this area though.

Perhaps one idea is to have file size checks. Most retail games have considerably larger file sizes then homebrew. So you can probably use that as a check for homebrew only CIA installation. ;)

This means probably making your own CIA installer or using Big Red Menu. But both would also need to be modified not to allow the installation of DevMan as that one won't have the checks you will put in the custom one you put for Kart3DS.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something else that would be a great add-on, would be allowing for custom applet installations. They could be used like plugins, and more importantly, we could finally make a memory viewer/editor for running games. That would be really great for making and running trainers and the like, as well as background-running FTP for example. That's the side of this homebrew I'm most excited about at this point.

Reactions: Zidapi
D

Deleted User

Well I can't speak on behalf of the others, but I never contributed to the original idea of the project. Don't think you can call me a liar, I never promised anything. :)

The way I see it is the thread got people thinking, and then a few of us started talking to each other on different channels for different reasons and suddenly our own project spawned and we sort of just posted progress here. :P

Aww dang, caught at last, I guess we'll stop then! :P

What if in 9.6 Nintendo properly fixes the key generation on New 3DS for FIRM a9 decryption? Are you guys gonna decap the New 3DS for us and extract the keys?
I don't think you guys realise that without Gateway, Nintendo can crush you pretty quickly.

Say bye bye to emunand on new 3ds. Hell, even Gateway announced they have problems with emunand on new 3ds but not a definitive barrier, ie, meaning they are going to throw money at it until they break it. You guys don't have that kind of cash lying around

Reactions: Tilde88

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if in 9.6 Nintendo properly fixes the key generation on New 3DS for FIRM a9 decryption? Are you guys gonna decap the New 3DS for us and extract the keys?
I don't think you guys realise that without Gateway Nintendo can crush you pretty quickly.

Maybe we could have like, some sort of decapping fundraiser!

Reactions: gamesquest1

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I don't think you guys realise that without Gateway Nintendo can crush you pretty quickly.

LOL! :)

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country

We're also not profiting.

D

Deleted User

We're also not profiting.

For all I care, Gateway team has put serious effort and investment into the project. With the support they have provided so far, it's well deserved IMO. Unless ya know, you think people should not profit from their work.
It may be unethical, but you can't deny the work put into it.

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
For all I care, Gateway team has put serious effort and investment into the project. With the support they have provided so far, it's well deserved IMO. Unless ya know, you think people should not profit from their work.
It may be unethical, but you can't deny the work put into it.

Incredible things can happen when you can work full time.

Edit: sorry, I really don't see what your point is. If Nintendo fix their implementation and Gateway decap or whatever solution you're suggesting, then great, they have 9.6, we don't. I guess I'll go cry in the corner or something?

D

Deleted User

Incredible things can happen when you can work full time.

That's not true. Unless you mean you are planning to work full time in order to pay for decapping so that the community can enjoy your fruits of labor for free?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just trying to voice my concerns about the future of the 3ds scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii