Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So guys, no defined policy about .cia installing yet? If you're gonna forbid .cia installs and just provide a pre-installed homebrew launcher, please give us an option to auto-boot a .3dsx file with it, I'd like to be able to use SunShell in a convenient way or if possible boot a .3dsx file as soon as the Emunand is set, this way we wouldn't even see the 3ds UI, being able to achieve something similar to the way freestyle dash works on xbox360 would be very cool and open a lot of possibilities in term of UI possibilities and customization...

Reactions: puss2puss

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys, no defined policy about .cia installing yet? If you're gonna forbid .cia installs and just provide a pre-installed homebrew launcher, please give us an option to auto-boot a .3dsx file with it, I'd like to be able to use SunShell in a convenient way or if possible boot a 3.dsx file as soon as the emunand is set, this way we wouldn't even see the 3ds UI...

At the moment .cia support is in limbo, so we'll have to see what happens with that. We'll probably end up porting ninjhax to .cia or something, maybe. Depends on how things develop I guess.

Reactions: zfreeman and SLiV3R

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What would be the use of ninjhax as .cia? I don't quite understand, or maybe you mean to install it on sysNAND?

Paradox me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring up 8.1J NN3DS yet again, but the responses a few pages ago have me a little confused.

Working on this shortly!
There aren't any other entry points known publicly right now.

Are you guys confident that there's a way on 8.1, or is it just a possibility at this point? I haven't done anything like this yet on 3DS and bought Gateway not knowing about the browser thing, and now I need to know if I should scramble to grab a PAL NN3DS before the pre-installed firmware is above 9.2.

Again, I apologize if the answer is clear and I'm just missing it completely.

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
Sorry to bring up 8.1J NN3DS yet again, but the responses a few pages ago have me a little confused.

Are you guys confident that there's a way on 8.1, or is it just a possibility at this point? I haven't done anything like this yet on 3DS and bought Gateway not knowing about the browser thing, and now I need to know if I should scramble to grab a PAL NN3DS before the pre-installed firmware is above 9.2.

Again, I apologize if the answer is clear and I'm just missing it completely.

memchunkhax and firmlaunchhax are possible on 8.1J, but we might not be doing that to resolve the "issue" with 8.1J. I don't want to talk about "plan A" yet, I need to explore it a bit more.

It's entirely down to how we end up implementing it and if we can get something in a state that's releasable.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to know quite a bit to actually understand the kernel and do modifications to it actually. It takes a bit to actually get used to writing in it though.
Hmm in that case once I've done my testing I'll give assembly another shot tonight! Hopefully using a YouTube tutorial this time.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a bit confused here... You guys are against piracy, but you allow homebrew (emulators) to be installed. Am I the only one that's seeing the irony in this? Btw great job on the work so far ;)

I don't really see any irony here, there's no link between homebrews and piracy, the KARL project goals are just going in a way that is close to what piracy oriented solutions do but it's not a piracy oriented solution...

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
During the first week of most games life they will sell around 50 % their total numbers. After 1 year most of the games sells nothing. Image after 10 years. The emulators that can happen on the 3ds are more than 20 years old. So if we're talking about money, there is almost none in those old games.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People are going butt mad about piracy and this should stop, really, KARL team doesn't want to enable piracy, let them do it, they're already providing us a great thing and complaining about the no-piracy policy seem very ungrateful to me, piracy might simply be achieved by someone else, or well you know if the final KARL project is done, having a sky3DS wouldn't be an issue as we'd have region free and homebrews from KARL and we could have free games by using a sky3DS...

Reactions: SLiV3R

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can Emunand to the latest version, and play all my legitly bought e-shop games, than I'm one happy consumer.

It's really irritating that I can't just system transfer all my apps simply because I can't update (going all-digital is really biting me in the ass)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please can we stop ruining all threads with piracy vs anti-piracy discussions?

Until people will be able to have entirely free piracy, I'm afraid we're gonna have those shits around for quite some time.

Even though, I'd like KARL to allow .cia installs as being able to install .cia can allow more than just piracy, being able to launch homebrews on the go from the 3DS home menu can be convenient...

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A mugging for small change is still a mugging, stealing a stick of gum is still theft, and using emulators is STILL piracy.

I think that sums up our discussion?

What about people who want to play games that aren't released in their region? The same logic your using can apply to current gen piracy as well

Then why are you posting on the hacking section of the 3DS forum, go back talking with the regular users...

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One topic related question: The goal right now is it to get emunand working on the N3DS, right? Would it be possible to have a 9.2 Sysnand for Homebrew (normal ninjhax .3dsx) and a 9.X emunand for eShop (console region) and regionfree cartridges?

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
One topic related question: The goal right now is it to get emunand working on the N3DS, right? Would it be possible to have a 9.2 Sysnand for Homebrew (normal ninjhax .3dsx) and a 9.X emunand for eShop (console region) and regionfree cartridges?

There's a lot of goals right now, emunand itself should be pretty simple.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The goal right now is to get process9 decrypted and from there get emuNAND on N3DS, and then region free. Also again, we have no plans on making KARL 3DS a vector for the piracy of 3DS games, that's settled. No point in arguing about it here. If you want piracy just get a sky3ds or something and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep: