[WIP] ButtonSwap3DS - Remap buttons on your 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mcaboosec, Feb 13, 2017.

1. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    Here you go, should work fine

Attached Files:

2. Taisie

Taisie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    I need a build that swaps the start button with the L button please.

3. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    Here you go

Attached Files:

Taisie likes this.
  4. Taisie

Taisie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    Thank you!

5. Taisie

Taisie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    This is a really dumb question but I don't understand the instructions. Where do I put this in the sc card so I can run it? Do I need to run it through a java program first? Or just put it in the 3DS folder?

6. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    if you are just using the cia that i gave to you, just put the cia onto your sd card and install it using FBI, if you are trying to make your own versions using my java program, you put the .jar into the folder with all the other ButtonSwap3ds Stuff, once you launch the maker program use the buttons to select the filenames for the icon, banner, audio and rsf, all of these should be found in the meta folder, after that you will want to add the rebinds that you want, for example, to swap the L and R buttons you would set the left side to be L and the right side to be R and then click the Save values to slot button, from there select the next slot (in this case slot 2) and just reverse the bindinds from the first slot, ( Left side, R and Right side, L) save once again and then click the build button, you can use the Build mode3 button if you are using a mode3 rsf file. if that was too complicated i could probably make a video about how to use the program.

Taisie likes this.
  7. Taisie

Taisie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    Okay, I put it into the 3ds folder in the root of the sd card. It hasn't shown up though. Is that because I have to run it through FBI? I am using the swap so I can finish running udsploit for the first time. I haven't been able to finish the homebrew setup because my Start button is broken. Can I still run this through FBI first? I've also asked for help on the Noob forum too. I don't want to mess anything up. Also, thank you so much for all your help. A lot of this is way over my head so I wouldn't know what to do next without this community.

8. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    I dont think you will be able to install the rebind, I think it needs cfw to install since its not a legit title, it might be possible to change what button udsploit uses but i dont know how to work with the code for that so i cant help you there, maybe someone in the discord or the irc can help you with that problem

Taisie likes this.
  9. Taisie

Taisie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    Thank you for getting back to me on it. I appreciate it. I'll look into what you recommended.

10. ChipJockey

ChipJockey Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Poland
    Hi, total noob here if it comes to compiling. Can someone make a build that swaps X and B, pretty please? It would be really helpful for GB games. It annoys me that you can't use X in GB VC like in NES VC, because it would help a lot in platformers.

11. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    Sorry this one took a bit, been binge watching some stuff, this version is a little different than other versions that can be found, i tweaked one of the files to remove mention of BootNTR since its not needed to run the app for extended memory mode games if the rsf that was used is right. EDIT: as a reminder to anyone who wanders, if you need a version of ButtonSwap3ds built for you and don't have a desire to use my program that i linked in my sig, shoot me a pm or let me know somehow,

Attached Files:

Last edited by danger229, Aug 23, 2017
  12. ChipJockey

ChipJockey Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Poland
    Thank you so much dude! To be honest, I didn't even saw your software and I'm curious to test it out. Again, thanks a bunch!

13. Noahs200010

Noahs200010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Can you make me one that swaps A<>B X<>Y

14. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    Here you go!

Attached Files:

15. SkyQueen

SkyQueen Arch3DS Developer || B0MBrHax

GBAtemp Patron
    SkyQueen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 23, 2016
    Japan
    Seteguya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Oooh looks cool o:

16. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    So does "c-stick and ZL ZR not mappable" mean that I can't make them act as any other button or make can't make other buttons act as them or I can do neither?

17. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    di
    it means that you can not use c-stick, ZL or ZR as an input for a rebind, or as an output of a rebind.

Uumas likes this.
  18. panoschuvardas

panoschuvardas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    Greece
    Hey peeps! Is it possible for someone to create me a patch that swaps y with select and x with start? And one that reverses it.. for playing gba games and normal ones :D

19. danger229

danger229 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    i think i understood what you waned. if there is a problem, get in contact with me and let me know

Attached Files:

20. kathy

kathy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2012
    United States
    does this work in ds mode?