Can I change the button mapping in Wii 2600

Bing1093

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an adapter for the Wii remote that lets me plug in Genesis/Atari controllers for use with emulators; it registers them as a classic controller. However I’m having an issue with my Atari emulator. I’m using Wii 2600, and my problem is that the adapter maps the Atari controller’s fire button as the classic controller’s B button. The joystick maps to the Dpad just fine, but the issue is that this emulator expects the A button to be the input for the fire button, and I see absolutely no way to change this button mapping. Is there any way at all I can change the button it needs to B so my controller works as intended? I literally just need to be able to change one input. I’ve even checked the files for Stella, which the emulator is a port of, but I don’t see any commands or arguments to change for in-game inputs. I feel like it would just take altering a file but I’m not sure how to do things like that when it comes to getting into the code of anything.

I also tried using retro arch instead, which DOES let remap the controls, but it crashes 90% of the time when I load a ROM, so it’s a no go.

Last edited by Bing1093,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?