GameCube Musical Accessories on vWii And Wii.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here have DDR dance mats and/or DK Bongos and are willing to test them via USB GameCube controller adapter and Mayflash Classic Controller port adapter? At the moment I've tested three dance mats

- Official DDR Mario Mix mat
- Official Konami DDR mat (brand new just opened up the package)
- Pelican multi console DDR mat

On all three of these mats the buttons seem to work. When I need to do something like a double step or a hold (on a direction) and step (on another) that's when things get hella flaky.

Moving on to DK Bongos. When I try to use them via USB GameCube controller adapter and the Mayflash Classic Controller adapter, Nintendont sees them as standard GameCube controllers with the left drum as B, right drum as A and the start button being as is.

Can someone here verify that they are running into the same thing?

sanzkrit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
That would depend in which Wii model do you have and how are you running the games. I know that the DK bongos work from the get go with Nintendont in a Wii with the corresponding GC ports for the controllers, mic working for clapping included. Haven't tried with a USB adapter because of the native GC ports in the console.
Maybe try to run the mats with a backup of the game through Nintendont? If that doesn't work, I'd suppose that the Mayflash adapter treats every connection as a standard GC controller.

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
How did you get the dance mat to work on the vWii? I'm using the official GC Wii U adapter but it doesn't work, although the GC controller works fine.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would depend in which Wii model do you have and how are you running the games. I know that the DK bongos work from the get go with Nintendont in a Wii with the corresponding GC ports for the controllers, mic working for clapping included. Haven't tried with a USB adapter because of the native GC ports in the console.
Maybe try to run the mats with a backup of the game through Nintendont? If that doesn't work, I'd suppose that the Mayflash adapter treats every connection as a standard GC controller.
I'm using the official GameCube controller adapter for Wii U on a vWii and it's a no-go with the Bongos in Nintendont 😔.
Post automatically merged:

How did you get the dance mat to work on the vWii? I'm using the official GC Wii U adapter but it doesn't work, although the GC controller works fine.

Mayflash GameCube to Wii Remote adapter

https://a.co/d/6nJR8ac

The DDR games see the mat but like stated, multiple steps get a bit wonky 😭.

Reactions: Master-Killua

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm using the official GameCube controller adapter for Wii U on a vWii and it's a no-go with the Bongos in Nintendont 😔.
Post automatically merged:

Mayflash GameCube to Wii Remote adapter

https://a.co/d/6nJR8ac

The DDR games see the mat but like stated, multiple steps get a bit wonky 😭.
That makes sense. I thought it was a cIOS problem or similar. Reading at the amazon reviews, the dance tam works fine, but maybe for easy mode lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto