Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

blubberbernd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try this out then:
Code:
#define BGR5A1_RGB5A1(src)  ((src & 0x7C00) >> 10) | ((src & 0x1F) << 10) | (src & 0x83E0))
Sorry for my noob question, but don't bitwise operations edit the initial value, so you'd need one copy of src each for every color channel you're switching around?

Code:
#define BGR5A1_RGB5A1(src) {
scr1=scr;
scr2=scr;
scr3=scr;
((src1 & 0x7C00) >> 10) | ((src2 & 0x1F) << 10) | (src3 & 0x83E0))
}

Last edited by blubberbernd,

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my noob question, but don't bitwise operations edit the initial value, so you'd need one copy of src each for every color channel you're switching around?
So
Code:
#define BGR5A1_RGB5A1(src) {

((src1 & 0x7C00) >> 10) | ((src2 & 0x1F) << 10) | (src3 & 0x83E0))
}
No, those bitwise operators don't change the source they just return the value of the operation.

Reactions: blubberbernd

Kyoni

Trophies
XP
Sorry for being rude but here's my question: Why create a DS emulator on the 3DS (ported from the PSP) when both the old and new 3DS can already play DS games? I apologize if this question has been answered.

theskipster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being rude but here's my question: Why create a DS emulator on the 3DS (ported from the PSP) when both the old and new 3DS can already play DS games? I apologize if this question has been answered.
People want to be able to just drop a rom onto their SD card and play. That way, no cartridges are required.

D

Deleted User

You need a flashcart like an R4 to play DS games atm With something like this you can play them right from your SD card

jailminer

Joel? Are you up at 6 AM making a Custom Title?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wasn't this the first thing we have done? Was it simply not possible a year ago?

jailminer

Joel? Are you up at 6 AM making a Custom Title?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking, and if this has already been asked sorry, but does audio work at all?

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add - fix that shitty blur filter.
It's pixel interpolation, not a blur filter. The 3DS and NDS native resolution are not the same, so it has to scale up NDS games. We'd prefer nearest-neighbor interpolation, but Nintendo probably uses bilinear or bicubic. Blur filter makes it sound like they scaled it "cleanly" and then blurred it after as some sort of effect.

But yes, with an emulator we can have nearest-neighbor interpolation instead of blurry garbage.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Here is an image:
BWmJhGN.jpg
Is that 256 Colors? Neat =D
I would try this out if I had a New 3DS

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Sometimes, people just want to see if it can be done. That's what drove me to make MM2 PTC.

Reactions: Perska

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo