Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Notify to Schedule Restart Missing

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah right, so already we are throwing in conditions, games that you play over X hours. I have a backlog, so there's a lot I've not gotten to yet, doesn't mean they don't count and quite a few that were around before steam community, so aren't tracked and I know you can dual boot.

But as you guys love you're conditions, I also said "to the same performance". Plenty of games perform worse under wine compared to windows. Although I'm sure "it's still 60fps" will be the next thing.

"switch the superior os, oh, but X game doesn't count because you don't play enough and you can always dual boot".

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah right, so already we are throwing in conditions, games that you play over X hours. I have a backlog, so there's a lot I've not gotten to yet, doesn't mean they don't count and quite a few that were around before steam community, so aren't tracked and I know you can dual boot.

But as you guys love you're conditions, I also said "to the same performance". Plenty of games perform worse under wine compared to windows. Although I'm sure "it's still 60fps" will be the next thing.

"switch the superior os, oh, but X game doesn't count because you don't play enough and you can always dual boot".
Half of your fucking steam library is untouched. Also if it runs basically the same why give a fuck?
"OH I WANT MY 600FPS I CAN'T SEE BUT I STILL WANT IT"

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"backlog" and a lot is not untouched but came out before the community features so won't be tracked. And it matters because backlight strobing only works @120fps locked.

and we can all type in caps

LINUX IS SUPERIOR, THERE'S NO DOWNSIDE, X DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAY SO AND IT DOESN'T MATTER.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Plenty of games perform worse under wine compared to windows.

This is in fact quite the opposite: WINE handles most things you throw at it better. Usually you get better perfomancer under WINE than under Windows.

How about trying it out? You can get a livecd of any random distro in less than 10 minutes, and install some games along with wine to see how it fares, then make a decision.

Last edited by xy2_,
Reactions: dankzegriefer

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is in fact quite the opposite: WINE handles most things you throw at it better. Usually you get better perfomancer under WINE than under Windows.

How about trying it out? You can get a livecd of any random distro in less than 10 minutes, and install some games along with wine to see how it fares, then make a decision. All you've done here is pop up randomly and sling shit at others.

As opposed to your quality posts of "someone has an issue with Windows", rather than try to help, tell them to get linux?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I created this thread about Windows 10 auto-rebooting after updates, and now a Linux vs. Windows rift happens. What the heck, guys?
Don't be surprized. They always do that.

If not "Linux is superior ZOMG", It'll be a bunch of paranoid redditors.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't really get the reason why more energy is put into attacking others ad hominem for a simple suggestion immediately, rather than simply take it into consideration without replying.. @Armadillo, you were the one suddenly coming in the thread to be defensive about the subject. Sorry for the shit flinging remark earlier.

I feel like this has devolved into baiting for flame replies, so there's no more reason for me to reply here.

Last edited by xy2_,
Reactions: dankzegriefer

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, because "switch to linux" is not exactly helpful suggestion. Someone has an issue with Windows and rather than linux users, taking your suggestion of not repling, because they don't like Windows, it's, "get Linux", because as the other guy put it "Windows sucks". It happens again and again with people using linux telling people to switch, rather than actually being helpful, because you know, there might be a reason people are on Windows, or maybe, just maybe just as you clearly like Linux, some people might like Windows. But then those reasons are downplayed because of not counting or some other reason, but it's only Windows people being defensive.

Obviously in the short time since earlier, I've not installed and tested myself to check out performance, but this channel that tests windows vs linux/wine (depending if there is a native version) seems quite helpful in terms of performance,this along with other benchmarks I've seen is what painted the picture of generally Windows peforming better, rather than wine/linux doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PenguinRecordings

Most stuff there generally perfoms better on Windows, with at worse, linux matching it. Some games the gulf is quite large. Even a new game like Alien isolation with a native linux version is 81fps avg vs 115 (and yes it matters, high refresh monitors, strobing modes which require >60fps, nvidia fast sync).

Last edited by Armadillo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: ohio