Hacking Will there be a Switch Flashcard?

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where I live, a Nintendo Switch game is $90 (old & new), new release PS4/Xbone is $80, PC new release is ~$40-$60, 3DS is $40-$50.....
I'd happily buy a flash cart for Switch as I can barely justify buying a retail game cart. I will however buy the awesome indie titles that are being pumped out.
The Switch tax is real.

Reactions: Ace-D

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
eShop applies taxes too - I use to be able to fake location, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
?
I can buy from Russia if I want using eShop.
That said, I don't think games would be much over the standard €60+ I usually pay, including taxes. (And I guess when you write $ you mean US dollars, no idea what other $ value is considering weak currency depreciation)

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
?
I can buy from Russia if I want using eShop.
That said, I don't think games would be much over the standard €60+ I usually pay, including taxes. (And I guess when you write $ you mean US dollars, no idea what other $ value is considering weak currency depreciation)

Canadian, I live in one of the higher(highest?) taxed provinces unfortunately. I adjust my billing profile to Alberta (lowest taxed, 5%) but my $79.99 CAD game still comes out to $92 CAD. Adjusting billing address/profile worked fine on 3DS eShop, not sure why it won't be kind to me on Switch xD
Maybe I should try with a VPN.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Canadian, I live in one of the higher(highest?) taxed provinces unfortunately. I adjust my billing profile to Alberta (lowest taxed, 5%) but my $79.99 CAD game still comes out to $92 CAD. Adjusting billing address/profile worked fine on 3DS eShop, not sure why it won't be kind to me on Switch xD
Maybe I should try with a VPN.
60€ is the same as 90 CAD.
Games cost the same in Germany

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's cool.
In relation to other games (xbox/PS4/PC/3DS/...Vita) they cost more is closer to my point?

But I guess in relation to US$ I also pay a few extra.
Mario Kart 8 on Amazon US is 59.88 USD and no tax at checkout... not sure what US state taxes are like?? ($74 CAD)
On Amazon Canada its 79.89 + HST ($92 CAD).

But again, I just was comparing platforms pricing in my first post. That's all.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's cool.
In relation to other games (xbox/PS4/PC/3DS/...Vita) they cost more is closer to my point?

But I guess in relation to US$ I also pay a few extra.
Mario Kart 8 on Amazon US is 59.88 USD and no tax at checkout... not sure what US state taxes are like?? ($74 CAD)
On Amazon Canada its 79.89 + HST ($92 CAD).

But again, I just was comparing platforms pricing in my first post. That's all.
US is special, their taxes work different. Never compare to the US unless you want to feel bad about how much you pay. Look at Japan perhaps.

Regarding games, no idea what a Vita game costs, the platform is dead.
XBOX and PS4 games are 60-70€, the same as Switch games.
New games for 3DS are ~40€, sometimes up to 45.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you think he's Australian?

He's living in Australia. Most people living in Australia are Australian. Australia does have a lot more immigrants that I'd guess though. It's a weird place to emigrate to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i moved from french and its dyslexic and brain disables :/

Well, good luck then.

eShop applies taxes too - I use to be able to fake location, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Get a VPN like TunnelBear.

In the US, you can buy with Amazon Prime for $48. You could also wait for games sales and get even cheaper.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for a flashcard, it's just gotta be affordable, and not stick out of the cart slot if at all possible. Or if it does, try to be flush with the system's edge. Hopefully it won't become a cat and mouse game like the DS flash carts were, where cart manufacturers and Nintendo were out-patching eachother.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for a flashcard, it's just gotta be affordable, and not stick out of the cart slot if at all possible. Or if it does, try to be flush with the system's edge. Hopefully it won't become a cat and mouse game like the DS flash carts were, where cart manufacturers and Nintendo were out-patching eachother.

I have bad news for you.

Like, really bad news.

This isn't flashcarts in the way this thread is thinking of them, this is the fact that we won't need an external cart to somehow trick the boot to load from a NAND-cart to get into homebrew. We have the bootrom, when we break it we can do whatever we want. But Nintendo will also patch it.

Last edited by V-Temp,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
He's living in Australia. Most people living in Australia are Australian. Australia does have a lot more immigrants that I'd guess though. It's a weird place to emigrate to.
Why do you think he lives in Australia? Unless you know where "green hill zone" is? Australia isn't a strange place to emigrate to --- I can't think of anyone I know for whom all their grandparents were born here. Personally, my father is from Argentina and my mother's father is from Scotland. My sister's husband's family are from Wales, my other sister's fiancée's family is from Scotland, one set of my boss' grandparents are from Greece, most of my colleagues were born in India, Pakistan, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore, the one that wasn't born overseas their father is from New Zealand. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
2D44E9A7-14BF-4D98-9342-84A7E6726649.png

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Ace-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
you just described the epitome of flashcards

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you think he lives in Australia? Unless you know where "green hill zone" is? Australia isn't a strange place to emigrate to --- I can't think of anyone I know for whom all their grandparents were born here. Personally, my father is from Argentina and my mother's father is from Scotland. My sister's husband's family are from Wales, my other sister's fiancée's family is from Scotland, one set of my boss' grandparents are from Greece, most of my colleagues were born in India, Pakistan, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore, the one that wasn't born overseas their father is from New Zealand. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
View attachment 102879

He has an Australian flag in his profile. Australia is a weird place to want to live. It's too far from everywhere. It's too expensive. There aren't prestigious companies there. It's too damn hot. The internet sucks. The seasons are backward. It's too far from everyone else time zone wise. It's too expensive for anyone to come visit you. Don't forget, everything is trying to kill you. The US and Europe are much better. I only know one person who moved to Australia, and they only plan on being there temporarily.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has an Australian flag in his profile. Australia is a weird place to want to live. It's too far from everywhere. It's too expensive. There aren't prestigious companies there. It's too damn hot. The internet sucks. The seasons are backward. It's too far from everyone else time zone wise. It's too expensive for anyone to come visit you. Don't forget, everything is trying to kill you. The US and Europe are much better. I only know one person who moved to Australia, and they only plan on being there temporarily.
Just curious, have you ever even been to Australia?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hands nipples pees and camel toes?