Use CFW with original/purchased games? (SAVEGAMES + DLC'S)

ofbeardsandmen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi folks,

Since some of my (legally purchased) games were difficult to read or were no longer recognized by my Switch, I had a Picofly installed.

However, I would like to continue using a few games as normal via the original cartridge...
But in my case, how can I play Mario Kart 8 as normal again, for example?
In other words, how can I use my previous savegames & DLCs (e.g. booster course pass for Mario Kart)?
I haven't downloaded Mario Kart as I own it legally as a cartridge.
But if I want to start the game now, the Switch forces me to update the game, which I obviously can't do...

Is there a way to boot the Switch with my SD card that I used before installing the Picofly?
Or what options do I have in this case?

Thanks in advance!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks,

Since some of my (legally purchased) games were difficult to read or were no longer recognized by my Switch, I had a Picofly installed.

However, I would like to continue using a few games as normal via the original cartridge...
But in my case, how can I play Mario Kart 8 as normal again, for example?
In other words, how can I use my previous savegames & DLCs (e.g. booster course pass for Mario Kart)?
I haven't downloaded Mario Kart as I own it legally as a cartridge.
But if I want to start the game now, the Switch forces me to update the game, which I obviously can't do...

Is there a way to boot the Switch with my SD card that I used before installing the Picofly?
Or what options do I have in this case?

Thanks in advance!
Boot into OFW, insert your cart, update game and play. And why can't you update your game in CFW? Just download the update from same sites you get your games from.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
This is a bit tricky and a lot of work .
The DLC and savegames are on the sysnand.
Only with a CFW and some homebrews apps like Checkpoint or GoldLeaf you can easily extract that data.
So assume to get banned once you do that.
You can continue to play on the local network with other Switches, even if you are banned.

If you want to keep your OFW and sysnand clean, the only thing you can do is make a nand backup with hekate and mount that image on a PC.
Then you can extract the files and put them on your emummc with some homebrew app like GoldLeaf.
Thats a lot of work.

Being a pirate is the easy life *harhar*
Download the updates and DLC for the game from your favorite illegal warez site and just install them with goldleaf or tinfoil.
If you insert the cartridge then it should be working again.
But again, pirates don't go online with their trophies because that will get them banned.
So no online gaming with any illegal downoads.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto