Gaming [Will] Conker's Bad Fur Day [ever be released] for Virtual Console (Wii U)?

D

Deleted User

Even I could've tell you that. Never ever my friend.

And let my Smash Bros. alone with this crude character. :glare:
Honestly they could easily avoid the crude stuff while keeping his personality like they did with Snake.
Don't forget, he did originate from a kids game on GBC.

Reactions: Bimmel

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft owns the rights to Rare, yet they released DK64 on virtual console... So why not the rest of Rare's N64 library? They made the best games for the system, and took advantage of the hardware.
Nintendo owns Donkey Kong, thusly they own the game as well as Donkey Kong Country. Microsoft owns Perfect Dark, Conker, and Banjo-Kazooie. That's why many of those have been remade or even added to XBOX's "virtual console".
It gets confusing with games like Diddy Kong Racing which includes Diddy Kong, Conker, and Banjo. I doubt we'll see that game on virtual console either. The only reason Diddy Kong Racig was made for DS is because both Microsoft and Nintendo agreed to let Rare make it (Microsoft allowed it because they have no handheld console of their own).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo owns Donkey Kong, thusly they own the game as well as Donkey Kong Country. Microsoft owns Perfect Dark, Conker, and Banjo-Kazooie. That's why many of those have been remade or even added to XBOX's "virtual console".
It gets confusing with games like Diddy Kong Racing which includes Diddy Kong, Conker, and Banjo. I doubt we'll see that game on virtual console either. The only reason Diddy Kong Racig was made for DS is because both Microsoft and Nintendo agreed to let Rare make it (Microsoft allowed it because they have no handheld console of their own).

If I remember correctly, conker and banjo were both absent in the ds release.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, conker and banjo were both absent in the ds release.

That's correct. Rare still had to get Microsoft's permission to make it, but they had to remove the characters because they are owned by Microsoft. Another example is with the Banjo-Kazooie game for GBA. At that time, Rare was owned by Microsoft, but they were still allowed to make it for a Nintendo handheld because Microsoft doesn't make a competitor.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By a fair comparison, the gamecube and Wii are very simple systems to emulate, being of the PPC architecture and not very complicated. The N64 and PS2 used RISC chips of the MIPS architecture, and require dynamic recompilers. Those are never perfect, and usually far from running fast. N64 emulators have been making babysteps over the decades, but progress is progress, no matter how small. ^_^
PPC is also a RISC design and all of those systems are emulated with dynarecs.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
None of the Rare games that are actually owned by Rare will see a release on the Virtual Console. That includes Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, and of course Conker. Donkey Kong 64 is not comparable because Nintendo own Donkey Kong - Rare were merely a contracted developer.

On the other hand, Conker's Bad Fur Day actually runs well on the new Not64 Second Release. This is probably the only way you will play the game on a Wii or Wii U.

Reactions: DeezTits

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By a fair comparison, the gamecube and Wii are very simple systems to emulate, being of the PPC architecture and not very complicated. The N64 and PS2 used RISC chips of the MIPS architecture, and require dynamic recompilers. Those are never perfect, and usually far from running fast. N64 emulators have been making babysteps over the decades, but progress is progress, no matter how small. ^_^

I think the real problem with N64 and PS2 emulation is that their hardware being complicated not the CPU being MIPS.

N64 uses a MIPS R4300i and the Reality Coprocessor. The Reality Coprocessor contains the Reality Signal Procressor (RSP) and Reality Display Processor (RDP).

The PS2 is a frankenstein monster "The CPU heavily relies on its integration with two vector units, known as VU0 and VU1, the Graphics Synthesizer, and a floating-point unit (FPU) in order to render 3D graphics." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_hardware

The PS1 and the PSP also use MIPS but they have simpler hardware architecture

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...