Gaming [Will] Conker's Bad Fur Day [ever be released] for Virtual Console (Wii U)?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Conker as playable character in a Smash Bros. game. Probably the only way Nintendo users are gonna see the character agin.

Reactions: Margen67

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Phil Spencer from Xbox has said that bringing Banjo Kazzoie is possible to Smash if Nintendo wanted so it's really just a matter of negotiations.

givYvfP.png

https://twitter.com/xboxp3/status/584023190692737024
I doubt Microsoft sees Nintendo add their real competition, hence they have no problems with that.
Imagine if Sony asked Microsoft for their permission to use their stuff in a game.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
conker's Final Smash GET DRUNK and PISS ON EVERY ONE. THIRD PERSON VIEW or PUKE since it's a teen rated game... it would be nice if this would happen.

Reactions: nxwing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said N64 emulators aren't crap ;)
Speaking of crappy emulators...
What's wrong with pcsx2? All of the 3ds emulators are far worse. Not to mention the new ps3 emulator. And the barely-started-yet-already-years-old original xbox and xbox360 emulators. Nothing against the devs of those projects, I wouldn't know where to begin on coding something that complex. I agree about n64 though, after 20 years, there's no excuse for their current state.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with pcsx2? All of the 3ds emulators are far worse. Not to mention the new ps3 emulator. And the barely-started-yet-already-years-old original xbox and xbox360 emulators. Nothing against the devs of those projects, I wouldn't know where to begin on coding something that complex. I agree about n64 though, after 20 years, there's no excuse for their current state.
The ps3, xbox 360 and 3ds emulators are a bit early to judge.
PCSX2 like N64 emulators has had lots of time to become better but it hasn't. It still uses hacks, plugins, and used to have bundleware.
It doesn't even compare to Dolphin.
But to be fair it doesn't have as much contributors so that might be why there hasn't been as much progress.

Reactions: nxwing
D

Deleted User

PCSX2 like N64 emulators has had lots of time to become better but it hasn't. It still uses hacks, plugins, and used to have bundleware.
But to be fair it doesn't have as much contributors so that might be why there hasn't been as much progress.
I thought PCSX2 was on par with Dolphin though I haven't checked in a few years. Though It's not as good as PSOne emulators and PS2 is just a more powerful PSOne isn't it?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Microsoft owns it. :glare:

Microsoft owns the rights to Rare, yet they released DK64 on virtual console... So why not the rest of Rare's N64 library? They made the best games for the system, and took advantage of the hardware.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

By a fair comparison, the gamecube and Wii are very simple systems to emulate, being of the PPC architecture and not very complicated. The N64 and PS2 used RISC chips of the MIPS architecture, and require dynamic recompilers. Those are never perfect, and usually far from running fast. N64 emulators have been making babysteps over the decades, but progress is progress, no matter how small. ^_^

Reactions: Margen67

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even I could've tell you that. Never ever my friend.

And let my Smash Bros. alone with this crude character. :glare:

D

Deleted User

By a fair comparison, the gamecube and Wii are very simple systems to emulate, being of the PPC architecture and not very complicated. The N64 and PS2 used RISC chips of the MIPS architecture, and require dynamic recompilers. Those are never perfect, and usually far from running fast. N64 emulators have been making babysteps over the decades, but progress is progress, no matter how small. ^_^
Shouldn't be long till Wii U is emulated then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters