pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Awesome work, man, keep it up! ^_^

@pedro702 @TotalInsanity4 @VinsCool check this out :P
btw found a way to make nes classics work

first download this patches - this is a link to ips files they are just patches no rom is included so its not an illegal link
https://firedrop.com/d4234a6b4e95813d

then download lunar ips
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil/lunar-ips.html

just open lunar ips select apply pathc and select the correct ips file and then the correct rom and it works playing nes classics super mario bros btw.

Last edited by pedro702,

xavix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the people who have nds vc with a .zip file check out this file:
https://www.mediafire.com/?jvgcg6jwqvpk6qj
Like gba, you need to use the newer tcpgecko, edit ip.txt and drag and drop .nds file in.
This is based on yoshis island pal so I dont know if it'll work for others. If you happen to have another game you try this on please tell me the nds header address it prints out.
ok just tested this ^^ and working fine on mario kart ds(ntsc-u)
in case want to know the Header

WiiU NDS ROM Injector by FIX94
Connected to 10.0.0.12:7331
Searching for Nintendo Logo StartNDS Header may be at 2ab37880
Sending 33554432 bytes
Transfer successful (aa)!
Press any button to exit

Reactions: VinsCool and FIX94

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NDS Header may be at 2ab37880
cool, thanks! So it was indeed a good idea to go the search route like with gba games because that address differs from yoshis island. Looks like I forgot a \n in that one print which makes the 2 prints be in one line, I hope that is acceptable, same mistake is in the gba inject exe.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be late to the party....all the progress made on injections looks exciting. Sadly I updated to 5.5 before getting in the know, but there are cheaper 'white' systems to be had on ebay so probably going to just buy a second wiiU without a gamepad and just have two.

Ok so all this 'injection' is sexy and sorry if this has been asked but has anyone attempted/looked at Wii injection. The eShop pisses me off with its pathetic wii offering and now that Nintendo made a wrapper/launcher that allows Wii games to use gamepad for games that support classic pro.....I know nothing about how it works but assume that the wrapper still uses the vWii mode to run the game. See where I am going with this....first it would be nice to play Xenoblade on my god damned gamepad (Thanks for nothing NOA) and then I might not mind playing a bunch of other non-motion controlled games like 007 and the platformers that Nintendo may never release in eShop. Ultimately if the wrapper could be used to launch the HBC with the gamepad controls mapped then we could control HBC and launch any wii app thru the wrapper.....which should make things like nintendon't and devolution possible.....again on gamepad launched from WiiU desktop.

I hope we get there but I just wonder if these scene will have any legs at all. I sort of stopped caring because I have purchased about everything worth playing on WiiU and the system has shown so little use as a media player or any other function.....except emulation which it really could be a system that has Nintendo's entire library on it (gamecube) yet here we are 3 years in and no GC and little Wii or N64.....not to mention the 8/16bit eshop offering is lame compared to Wii.

I just don't understand Nintendo both with their lack of pushing their top titles digitally and such slowww release schedules when they could be pumping out past greats weekly. The no GC is absolutely beyond comprehension as devo runs games wonderfully and Nintendo could make a GC launcher so easily.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry to be late to the party....all the progress made on injections looks exciting. Sadly I updated to 5.5 before getting in the know, but there are cheaper 'white' systems to be had on ebay so probably going to just buy a second wiiU without a gamepad and just have two.

Ok so all this 'injection' is sexy and sorry if this has been asked but has anyone attempted/looked at Wii injection. The eShop pisses me off with its pathetic wii offering and now that Nintendo made a wrapper/launcher that allows Wii games to use gamepad for games that support classic pro.....I know nothing about how it works but assume that the wrapper still uses the vWii mode to run the game. See where I am going with this....first it would be nice to play Xenoblade on my god damned gamepad (Thanks for nothing NOA) and then I might not mind playing a bunch of other non-motion controlled games like 007 and the platformers that Nintendo may never release in eShop. Ultimately if the wrapper could be used to launch the HBC with the gamepad controls mapped then we could control HBC and launch any wii app thru the wrapper.....which should make things like nintendon't and devolution possible.....again on gamepad launched from WiiU desktop.

I hope we get there but I just wonder if these scene will have any legs at all. I sort of stopped caring because I have purchased about everything worth playing on WiiU and the system has shown so little use as a media player or any other function.....except emulation which it really could be a system that has Nintendo's entire library on it (gamecube) yet here we are 3 years in and no GC and little Wii or N64.....not to mention the 8/16bit eshop offering is lame compared to Wii.

I just don't understand Nintendo both with their lack of pushing their top titles digitally and such slowww release schedules when they could be pumping out past greats weekly. The no GC is absolutely beyond comprehension as devo runs games wonderfully and Nintendo could make a GC launcher so easily.
wii games cannot be injected, they run on vwii and use a special cafee2wii boot code, we cant decrypt this bootcode or change it untill all wiiu keys are found and someone dumps cafe2wii to be decrypted.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder if the same could be done with n64 games. considering that the header is easy to find in memory :)

that would be easier to use :P

So happy to see ssuch progress done ! :)
well ram injecting limits the filesize to the original rom size unlike cafiine.

Which ones are 64MB?
i think donkey kong and kirby and one more i forgot, to be sure just download the roms somewhere and check the filesize ;P

Also i made super mario advance 4 work on gba injecting see how here
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_GBA_injection#S

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wonder if the same could be done with n64 games. considering that the header is easy to find in memory :)

that would be easier to use :P

So happy to see ssuch progress done ! :)
seeing as n64 roms generally require patches which would probably be loaded up at different offsets it would be more tricky, and idk if a reset would cause those patches/options to be changed as they are probably loaded at bootup of the emulator.....plus then it limits rom sizes, tbh cafiine is the best way to go about rom injections, more clean than ram injections

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
seeing as n64 roms generally require patches which would probably be loaded up at different offsets it would be more tricky, and idk if a reset would cause those patches/options to be changed as they are probably loaded at bootup of the emulator.....plus then it limits rom sizes, tbh cafiine is the best way to go about rom injections, more clean than ram injections
although, editing configuration in ram would be very useful while testing differentgames on the fly.

and by the way, I dumped the entire dk64 rom from ram and it is a 1:1 match to the .z64 release.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ram injecting limits the filesize to the original rom size unlike cafiine.

i think donkey kong and kirby and one more i forgot, to be sure just download the roms somewhere and check the filesize ;P

Also i made super mario advance 4 work on gba injecting see how here
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_GBA_injection#S

Partners in Time is also a 64 MB file (approx 67,108,864 bytes), which I happen to own :P

Edit: Since we can make NDS injections now, I think a Wiki entry is in order.

Edit 2: Thanks for the link on fixing that game! ^_^

Also, made a wiki entry

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_NDS_injection

Last edited by the_randomizer,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
nds stuff added to the OP
Thank you!

I'll try to contribute to this tomorow :)
I didn't have the time nor the motivation today lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y