Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i would keep the first post updated but i cant edit it unless we all moved to a new thread and one of us made the first post.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i would keep the first post updated but i cant edit it unless we all moved to a new thread and one of us made the first post.
yeah we need the OP to give editing permissions to people interested in editing it....i guess a mod could do this too.....idk maybe it might be better with a fresh thread to condense it all into a guide with all the tools linked

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i'd be glad to edit the OP if needed :)

also, just wondering, @FIX94, did you try to see what the alldata.bin is exactly? according to n1ghtly, the gba rom could be in that file, but I cannot figure out what the file is.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
also, just wondering, @FIX94, did you try to see what the alldata.bin is exactly? according to n1ghtly, the gba rom could be in that file, but I cannot figure out what the file is.
I looked at it, it has some sort of header starting with "mdf" which I assume is some special compressed context which we cant read since we have no idea how it is compressed.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I looked at it, it has some sort of header starting with "mdf" which I assume is some special compressed context which we cant read since we have no idea how it is compressed.
that was exactly what I was thinking. I tried to know what the mdf header is, and google told me it was something related to microsoft SQL server database, which I highly doubt.

I also tried to open as an image file with daemon tools, but it wasn't recognised lol.

and files analysis gets the unknown file type lol.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
mdf compression was used on the 3DS mega drive games.....but i already tried the mdf extractor we have for 3DS MD roms, and it doesnt woek....so either its a newer version of the format.....or just a coincidence....but the alldata.psb.m seems to be the same file file naming structure used by the 3DS stuff combined with the MDF header i would say its most likely based on the same stuff

anyways here is a link to the original release of those tools, idk if that will help you out though
Just make sure to keep the same file names (as they are used for the encryption).

Download

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
the best I found was a tool which has decryption of those files but from what I can tell you need a special key for the game, no clue how to find out that.
Weell, rip lol.

at least you managed to get gba injection working with tcgp gecko, which is appreciated :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yup, M2 wrote a fantastic GBA emulator all right XD I wonder if the NES Mini ROMs work, as they require certain things to bypass the tough encryption, only two emulators do that I believe. I hope Fix94's site works this time, the last time I used the exploit, they didn't give errors, just locked my console up ><

Edit: And Fix94's exploit crashed my console without errors.....*sigh*
the classic nes games report gamepak error but yeah no loss since you can play the actual nes games with pocketnes xD

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the classic nes games report gamepak error but yeah no loss since you can play the actual nes games with pocketnes xD
Emu-ception geez XD I'm assuming you've tested it and there's nothing wrong with doing it this way?

Also wait, does this mean we can just legit run homebrew of the respective consoles through Nintendo's emulators?? That's pretty sweet

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Weell, rip lol.
I just for fun looked in the rpx and found some very suspicious values in the file beginning and it turns out I was able to use them to decrypt and extract the "alldata.psb.m" file after pretty much rewriting how this tool I found works. (its called exm2lib btw from a japanese hacker called asmodean). its encrypted so absurdly hard that I dont really know how to tackle the huge bin file, oh and the tool is so complex I dont think re-compressing would be worth it to write all the code.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I just for fun looked in the rpx and found some very suspicious values in the file beginning and it turns out I was able to use them to decrypt and extract the "alldata.psb.m" file after pretty much rewriting how this tool I found works. (its called exm2lib btw from a japanese hacker called asmodean). its encrypted so absurdly hard that I dont really know how to tackle the huge bin file, oh and the tool is so complex I dont think re-compressing would be worth it to write all the code.
I guess we better just stick to ram inject for now lol.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emu-ception geez XD I'm assuming you've tested it and there's nothing wrong with doing it this way?

Also wait, does this mean we can just legit run homebrew of the respective consoles through Nintendo's emulators?? That's pretty sweet

I gotta hand it to M2, they wrote one helluva GBA emulator :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope you weren't expecting one

Huh? Oh that, he told me how to fix the stability issues and it's been working great since, even added a few games to a Wii U injection wiki entry I made
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_GBA_injection

Anyone can feel free to edit that one or the Snes one I made :P

Edit: Updated the blank Wiki entries to grey and "insert game here" to make it more visually pleasing or less confusing :P

Last edited by the_randomizer,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rather than recompressing, would it be hard to patch the rpx to load the uncompressed files, or at least just the rom, separately? Or does the rpx have to be signed?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ Hello there. We need @linuxares :D