WiiU Crashes trying to run injected n64 game

therealcc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to inject Super Mario 64 into DK64 WiiU VC using the UWUVCI N64 Injector to remove the dark filter. I don't get any errors throughout the injection process and there's no errors when I install it through WUP Installer. However, when I try running it, I get the following error which I was able to read from the log file. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Error: from /storage_slc/logs/14.log

AppPanic 0x00060000

OSPanic in "D:/home/Cafe/Barista_SdkUpdate/Library/Sead/engine/library/modules/src/basis/cafe/seadAssertCafe.cpp" at line 23 o

INFO: nn::ipc avoided busy close on /dev/acp_main (moduleId = 301, tag = 0) from pid = 21

00;05;31;442: KiCblRegisterBlocks() completed with status 0:-4.

[+-*APPLICATION EXITED 0*-+]

00:05:31:581: COS encountered unrecoverable error...

Pending Resource Request for COS processes...

Title Id Process Id -> RM Path

00:05:36:585: MCP: life time number of fatal errors - 13

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to inject Mario 64 to remove the dark filter, just follow this guide with the actual Mario 64 VC file and it works the charm for any installed N64 VC game or inject: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-vi...re-dark-filter-and-widescreen-support.517158/ I used FTPiiU in order to get to the files of the already installed game and edit them accordingly.

Though I do know you can instead use the injector and do it all when you make the inject, but if that way is giving you issues, I'd just go the FTP route with the official VC file.

therealcc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up fixing the dark filter issue, but now the injection crashes whenever I try running it, despite the roms working on other emulators

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thought would be to use your original wup installer files, and unpack them with nus converter. at this point, you could:
1) make the edits to the files specified in the link above, then repack them into wup installer files with nus converter
2) use your unpacked mario 64 as a custom base in uwuvci (or have the base already installed), then re-inject mario 64 back into itself, and select widescreen and dark filter disabled options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1