Hacking Emulation Homebrew ROM Hack Trying To Get "DOOM 64: Complete Edition Hack" To Work In Wii U VC Inject.

CourierTX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title states what I'm trying to do. I recently patched a DOOM 64 ROM with the hack that brings the changes (and new levels) from NightDive's 2020 release of the game to N64. The regular version works flawlessly through F-Zero X JP, but when I try the ROM Hacked ROM as well, it works but the frame rates are non-existent (1-5 FPS). I'm a newbie at VC inject and I was wondering if there are any tips? Should I try a new base or is this my best bet? Is there a way to speed up the game internally?

Edit: Downloaded the .ini file from the compatibility list, can the ROM and rendering option help with the slow framerate?

Last edited by CourierTX,
Reactions: Squid00

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit: Downloaded the .ini file from the compatibility list, can the ROM and rendering option help with the slow framerate?
Maybe. Try setting the following values
RamSize: 0x800000
UseTimer: 0
bForce720P: 1
NeedPreParse: 1

Note that the name of the .ini file must match with the name of the rom inside of the inject. So at best connect to the console by FTP, then navigate to storage_usb/usr/title8/[TIDhigh]/[TIDlow]/content/ and have a look, then name the .ini file accordingly and upload it to storage_usb/usr/title8/[TIDhigh]/[TIDlow]/content/config/.

In case that won't help try playing with the values a bit: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_N64_inject_compatibility_list\Ini_Template also might be a good idea to check the in-game settings.

CourierTX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. Try setting the following values
RamSize: 0x800000
UseTimer: 0
bForce720P: 1
NeedPreParse: 1

This is what I have on the .ini file so far:
Code:
;DOOM 64
[RomOption]
RetraceByVsync = 1
RamSize = 0x800000
MemPak = 1
UseTimer = 0

[Input]
StickModify = 1
STICK_CLAMP = 1
VPAD_STICK_CLAMP = 1
StickLimit = 80

[Render]
CopyMiddleBuffer = 0 ;Fix DHA BTS No.399
CopyAlphaForceOne = 1 ;Fix DHA BTS No.635
bForce720P = 1
NeedPreParse = 1

Are there things that I should remove? Would it be alright if I just used UWUVCI with this new .ini instead? I get very paranoid using FTP out of an innate fear of bricking my wii on accident.

Sidenote: Sorry for the delayed response, got really sick the past couple of days.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ini file looks good to me.
Would it be alright if I just used UWUVCI with this new .ini instead?
Never used UWUVCI but in case it has an option for this: Sure. Just make sure to install with NUSspli (Lite) as this will automatically uninstall the old version before installing the new one. In case you don't do this the title will corrupt.

CourierTX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ini file looks good to me.

Never used UWUVCI but in case it has an option for this: Sure. Just make sure to install with NUSspli (Lite) as this will automatically uninstall the old version before installing the new one. In case you don't do this the title will corrupt.
Yeah, UWUVCI has it so that theres a base rom, the rom you want to inject and the .ini file you want to use. Usually I uninstall everything as a safety precaution but I'll try it out right now and see what happens.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, UWUVCI has it so that theres a base rom, the rom you want to inject and the .ini file you want to use. Usually I uninstall everything as a safety precaution but I'll try it out right now and see what happens.
Tried it, it just seemed to stabilize the ROM to 5-6 FPS. I'm going to check out the other options and see which ones are promising.

Tried it, it just seemed to stabilize the ROM to 5-6 FPS. I'm going to check out the other options and see which ones are promising.
Update:

Played with the .ini template and I found a combination that is able to bring the frames up to 7 FPS.

Code:
;DOOM 64
[RomOption]
AIIntPerFrame = 1
AIUseTimer = 1
BootPCChange = 1
MemPak = 1
;RamSize = 0x800000
RetraceByVsync = 1
TicksPerFrame = 781250
UseTimer = 0

[Input]
StickModify = 1
STICK_CLAMP = 1
VPAD_STICK_CLAMP = 1
StickLimit = 80

[Render]
CopyMiddleBuffer = 0 ;Fix DHA BTS No.399
CopyAlphaForceOne = 1 ;Fix DHA BTS No.635
bForce720P = 1
;FirstFrameAt = 1000
NeedPreParse = 1

Last edited by CourierTX,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
to get doom to run correctly you need to inject in the correct base F zero X and it runs fullspeed.

now if that mod is too heavy for wiiu then it wont work, you could try wii64 RICE since you can overclock wii64 to wiiu speeds maybe that will help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...