PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, it looks that problems with CHD are (at least partially) fixed - even using Deflate + FLAC I haven't noticed any problems (even with previosly problematic games).

Sadly, there are still weird problems with sound I metioned some time ago.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well, it looks that problems with CHD are (at least partially) fixed - even using Deflate + FLAC I haven't noticed any problems (even with previosly problematic games).

Sadly, there are still weird problems with sound I metioned some time ago.
Are the sound issues happening in CHD only or also with BIN/CUE or even PBP?

Joseito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello I can confirm with the version released before the last by saulfabre that fear effect 1 can save now and ff9 spain doesn't crash anymore, I have yet to prove latest versions, I didn't report this before because I didn't have time to do it sorry, but jade cocoon didn't save for me and philosoma crashed on start mission maybe because is a 95 game idk, anyway thanks
Post automatically merged:

I need to update my report sorry I was mistaken,now I'm on Wii station 3.2 and fear effect 1 Europe does save but doesn't load game, is fixable by enabling hle bios,philosoma still doesn't work( only game I've put that doesn't lol), I've yet to test koudelka wich randomly crashed on previous builds, thanks for the efforts

Last edited by Joseito,

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
even using Deflate + FLAC
Crashes are very random with zlib + flac.
I remember playing CMR and the first DSI crash happened after 1h20 of gameplay.

Still with CMR, I tested intensively zstandard + flac (3h session x 2) and no crash.
I can definitely say that cdzs + cdfl is 99% safe.

Nonetheless, I convert my games 1 by 1 to chd, for testing purposes (maybe crashes may still happen on some games but not on others), by playing long sessions (> 2 hours, many modes)

though I did check again and saw that the tester of Colin Mc Rae Rally used the PAL version (I went with NTSC-U)

Yes. Because the NTSC version has been released 2 years after the PAL version, and some elements had been removed (due to expired licenses):

US version does not have:
- the real driver names (except Colin Mc Rae)
- the Renault cars
- Voices of Colin Mc Rae (tutorial) and Nicky Grist (co-pilot) has been replaced by a generic voice actor. (my mistake, it's in CMR 2.0)
- Monte-Carlo rally name and race locations are replaced by Austria and austrian locations (I'm not sure, I have to check)

I also thought that the 60fps port was broken, as it is for Colin McRae 2.0 NTSC (PAL is is the superior version here, yeah, incredible ^^).
But apparently, this is not the case for CMR 1 (so US version is superior regarding framerate).

I wanted to test again Colin Mc Rae PAL (SLES00477) [...]

But I encountered a problem: I launch the game, but the controller does not respond on the main menu (not even the Home button to go back to the Wiistation menu).

EDIT: OK, I found the culprit. It's Lightrec. When I switch to Dynarec, the controller responds again on the game menu.
So, there's a regression here. I'm affirmative it was working fine with previous Lightrec versions.

Actually, I found a workaround.
- If I launch the game with Lightrec and "Force NTSC" enabled, the controller responds again on the main menu !
- If I go back to Wiisation menu and I disable "Force NTSC", the controller still responds ! :wtf:
- Though if I navigate anywhere in the game and go back to the main menu, the controller does not respond again (and only on this screen). I have to enable again "Force NTSC".

What a weird bug.
At least I can play CMR with Lightrec now. :happy:

Sadly, the "Force NTSC" setting is broken since a few builds, as the screen is shifted down when enabled.

There's a "Position screen" setting in CMR to center the image, but it does not fully fix it (the bottom part of the image is still cut). Otherwise I would stay with "Force NTSC" enabled (smoother framerate of course, with some micro-stutters though).

Last edited by Ouaz,
Reactions: GustavoReis

galagasux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. First I want to thank the team that is pushing this emulator beyond what most of us probably ever imagined it could be. Being able to use the Wii Remote as a Guncon/Justifier was a dream come true for me.
I have nothing major to report other than that the games I play always look and play as well or better than on original hardware.

I do have a question/request- Is it possible to add the ability to turn off or change the green crosshairs? It's a minor thing, but I feel would be a nice feature of the emulator.

Since the work was re-started on Wiistation to add Lightguns (and so much more) AND the MAME WII 0.6.0 memory dump was fixed - I created a Lightgun Only Wiiflow Build. I wanted to thank you all for making something like this possible. Here is a link that will show you every one of the 219 games you can play on a modded Wii using the Wii Remote as a lightgun. Over 100 of them are non-Wii/Wiiware. I used the usual standalone emulators + mame-wii, Retroarch/FBA lightgun core & Wiistation. Without Wiistation & MAME it was a little bland and not worth making.

Thanks Again!

galagasux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely Bloody Gorgeous

I have been looking for an excuse to get a couple 40USD perfect condition Wiis...
I adore your work. Do you think it would be possible to get a back-up of your SD Dump and any adjacent documentation?

I am BLOWN AWAY.

Gorgeous.
Thanks! I'm working on cleaning everything up and creating a download that isn't too "piratey" but still has the essentials.

I also have this build that I'm cleaning up and trying to figure out how to give back to the community.

Sharing today was the first step at saying hello!

galagasux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The theme is configured for 4:3 & 16:9. If you notice, the Lightgun Build is 4:3. I set each coverflow & sourceflow before considering it done. I eliminated all the things that I have always disliked about Wiiflow, like the game titles flying across the screen & buttons on the flows- only a hidden favorites button with a zone that reveals it. I started with the Lightgun theme, then expanded it to the Arcade. If your Wii is in 4:3 it will look good, in 16:9 it will look good. The Lightgun theme is made for 4:3.

Joseito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello , well another report, I was testing some English patched roms and they all work but 2 of them only worked with dynarec, something to look for, also fear effect keeps giving trouble on the saves ,it says when you load that the memory card is full, but I'm amazed that patched games actually work! Thanks for the effort
Post automatically merged:

Also for some games like koudelka Spanish when it detects the DualShock they get input lagged or simply won't move(koudelka is an example)

Reactions: 0arsoluto

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really happy with the quality of emulation. Just documenting some problem games here. Tried using dynarec to see if it would fix it and had same issues as lightrec:

Colony Wars: Red Sun - seems to work then freezes as the first mission begins. Have to hit reset button on Wii to get back to menu. I think this game didn't work in previous versions and did the same thing there too.

Ergheiz - Bless the Ring - video is all slanted and distorted. I'm pretty sure in a previous version it loaded and looked fine, but the speed was crap.

Contra Legacy of War - Controls seem to lock up at the character select. Have to hit reset button on Wii to get back to menu. I'm pretty sure this worked in a prior version.

Also emulator still has the bug where if you load enough games in a single session you lose all audio in any game loaded thereafter. Not really a big deal or something most people would notice unless you're testing a bunch of games.

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

AD
Thanks! I'm working on cleaning everything up and creating a download that isn't too "piratey" but still has the essentials.

I also have this build that I'm cleaning up and trying to figure out how to give back to the community.

Sharing today was the first step at saying hello!

hello. I have been working for a long time on two arcade projects with Wii. both separating the arcade games by company (+40 companies). one for horizontal games and one for vertical games. Have you managed to use the Wiimote controller as a steering wheel in Mame Retroarch games using the motion sensors? What is the configuration? For example, pole position 2, I would like to play it using the Wiimote as if it were a steering wheel, just like what can be done in Wii's Mario Kart, for example. Did you try this same thing about the steering wheel in Wiistation or in another PS1 emulator on Wii. in case it can be done. greetings and great job

galagasux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AD

hello. I have been working for a long time on two arcade projects with Wii. both separating the arcade games by company (+40 companies). one for horizontal games and one for vertical games. Have you managed to use the Wiimote controller as a steering wheel in Mame Retroarch games using the motion sensors? What is the configuration? For example, pole position 2, I would like to play it using the Wiimote as if it were a steering wheel, just like what can be done in Wii's Mario Kart, for example. Did you try this same thing about the steering wheel in Wiistation or in another PS1 emulator on Wii. in case it can be done. greetings and great job

Hello! Thank you.
I am very familiar with your work & projects. I have learned very much from you, even though I speak English only 😑. I found your YouTube channel around 1 year ago. I love the vertical build & the way you have that set up. It's very unique & creative. Amazing!

I will try the motion controls for driving in the emulators as I have never thought to see how that works just assumed that it doesn't. I will let you know if I work it out.

pcercuei

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Guys, kind reminder that if you see errors with Lightrec in Wiistation, the proper steps are:
- Try to see if they also happen in WiiSX. That can show if it's a problem in the upstream PCSX core, as WiiSX (unlike Wiistation) is just wrapping the unmodified upstream PCSX code.
- If you can, try to reproduce in RetroArch on PC using the latest pcsx-rearmed core.
- If you can reproduce it on PC, report the bug to github: libretro/pcsx_rearmed.
- If you can reproduce it on WiiSX, report the bug to github: emukidid/pcsxgc

Complaining in this thread (or on other obscure forums) isn't really helpful. We can't really fix bugs if we don't know about them.

I fixed Colin McRae PAL in upstream PCSX btw (but I can't paste links).

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I fixed Colin McRae PAL in upstream PCSX btw (but I can't paste links).
a workaround for paste links when in newbie:

delete all slashes and two points of the link address, and replace them with the symbol in plain English text, like in this example:

if we want to post as newbie the address https://github.com/pcercuei/lightrec
then post the link as:
https (two points) (two slashes) github (dot) com (slash) pcercuei (slash) lightrec

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can I insert Music CDs for games like Monster Rancher and Vib-Robbon?
last time i tried latest WiiSX, i remember it had disc swap issues but @emu_kidid fixed them some time ago.

I can say custom Audio CDs/ISOs also work fine on WiiSX (tested with Vib-Ribbon).

keanu_yves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, is it possible to use external saves?

I made a backup of the original Memory Card using FMCB on the PS2. I tried using MemcardRex to convert and rename the saves, but it didn't work.

Is there any way to convert and use this saves files?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello, is it possible to use external saves?

I made a backup of the original Memory Card using FMCB on the PS2. I tried using MemcardRex to convert and rename the saves, but it didn't work.

Is there any way to convert and use this saves files?
Can i ask you, that did you save the memcard saves of each game as a 128 kB .mcd file an how did you renamed them? Could you post screenshots?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto