PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to prefer using PopStarter for playing PSX games on my HDTV, but not all games work right with it using the forced 480p.
With this excellent port of PCSX(-R) they all look far better than the terrible 480i I had to use on the former with my PS2.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys how are you all doing? Well this emulator is pretty nice,I'm having games I never dreamed of playing! And all work! Well I noticed that you guys are also working on the mame emulator so : when a Sega Saturn emulator?! Lol
I would love to see lightrec done for saturn emulation

Reactions: _47iscool

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would love to see lightrec done for saturn emulation
For me, if the Yabause could emulate well Panzer Dragoon, Sega Rally and Guardian Heroes I would be happy with the emulation of Sega Saturn on Wii.

Gamera 2000, Rally de Europe and Panzer Bandit are good games, but they are not exactly the same.

Skylab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello guys how are you all doing? Well this emulator is pretty nice,I'm having games I never dreamed of playing! And all work! Well I noticed that you guys are also working on the mame emulator so : when a Sega Saturn emulator?! Lol
New mame emulator? Where ? :D

Reactions: SaulFabre

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
For me, if the Yabause could emulate well Panzer Dragoon, Sega Rally and Guardian Heroes I would be happy with the emulation of Sega Saturn on Wii.

Gamera 2000, Rally de Europe and Panzer Bandit are good games, but they are not exactly the same.
I don't know how challenging Saturn emulation is on the Wii, but if Sega Rally and Daytona work, I'd be happy

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's because Sound Interpolation (like in real hardware) hasn't been implemented yet and it seems doing so would need a severe rewrite of the sound engine that could break things that have been already advanced before.
Is sound interpolation used in every psx game? Maybe I'm bad at noticing this stuff, but the games I played so far had good audio. To me, at least.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Is sound interpolation used in every psx game? Maybe I'm bad at noticing this stuff, but the games I played so far had good audio. To me, at least.
It's a hardware feature, it isn't really something that's missed in the majority of popular games but then a game like samurai shodown has really awful scratchy sound. SNK games in general seem to suffer heavily from poor sound quality.

steval_beaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
technically yes cause it's a feature built into the hardware but it depends on if the game uses lots of audio at low sample-rates. Some developers would do this to certain sound effects assuming that the interpolation would smooth it out.

it essentially defines the method of how the audio sample 'dots' are connected - you can think of the PSX's gaussian interpolation as drawing a smooth curve to connect each dot. With no interpolation, you end up getting a curve with hard, square edges.

https://www.alpha-ii.com/Info/Audio...a method,to improve your listening experience.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what matters is how it runs on a regular Wii, and its been a long road since.

just wanted to double-check, you mean since version 3.0, which dropped roughly a month ago? i scanned the thread and don't see any newer versions posted, aside from @SaulFabre mentioning the work regarding compression a few posts back.

also, someone else mentioned separating their bins/cues. so far, i haven't seen any issues with having multiple bin files notated in the .cue file. is it suggested to have separate bins and cues? i have condensed each multidisc game to one .cue, which i thought was better/easier (took me a lot of time so i'd rather not re-do it lol :wacko:)
especially for people who will be using the emulator and aren't super into homebrew or tech savvy, etc.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Today I decided to switch over to WiiStation!
Was using WiiSXRX v4 PREVIEW and while I was happy with it, I've noticed WiiStation has improved speeds and compatibility.
Nice!

Also, couldn't help but notice that WiiStation is using WiiSXRX's icon.png.
So I made this one if any of you would like to change the icon.png just to make it clear that WiiStation is different from WiiSXRX.

PS1 ICON.png

Download the file if you want.
I'm leaving it as x2 the icon.png size so anyone can use whatever scaling they want.
Cubic looks nice in LCDs, while NONE will make the icon.png look sharper, good for CRT's.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Today I decided to switch over to WiiStation!
Was using WiiSXRX v4 PREVIEW and while I was happy with it, I've noticed WiiStation has improved speeds and compatibility.
Nice!

Also, couldn't help but notice that WiiStation is using WiiSXRX's icon.png.
So I made this one if any of you would like to change the icon.png just to make it clear that WiiStation is different from WiiSXRX.

View attachment 425494

Download the file if you want.
I'm leaving it as x2 the icon.png size so anyone can use whatever scaling they want.
Cubic looks nice in LCDs, while NONE will make the icon.png look sharper, good for CRT's.
We already replaced the icon here:
http://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/blob/main/Gamecube/release/apps/WiiStation/icon.png

PS: New build coming tomorrow.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup folks any WiiU users in? A new test build of the WiiU PCSX Rearmed Core has been released and I'd like to know what you guys think. It should perform as well as the Wii Emulator, plus there are a few speed tweak options in the Core Settings to nudge the fps counter higher too ;)

Links in my sig.

Hey there, thanks for the info. Can this be launched in aroma yet?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest WiiStation builds until git https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/ee79e9fc87501c075e5abeea676e10bba042329e but also https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/be071bce17e6fd7893a146d3a5f8d4925c288da9

This time i got two builds:

- the normal one (WiiStation_main_git_be071bce_13032024) which includes the two commits mentioned but the same libCHDr from upstream WiiStation.

- the one with updated libCHDr (WiiStation_main_git_be071bce_newlibCHDr_13032024), which includes the two commits mentioned but i also heavily updated the libCHDr to latest and included latest changes, also added ZStandard compression support.
REMEMBER: NEEDS MORE TESTING!
https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/c79d603c7eb3546c6e0dec2fc0872afe0a01d30e

Please test these builds, thanks ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_be071bce_13032024.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • WiiStation_main_git_be071bce_newlibCHDr_13032024.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested the Zstandard compression using

chdman createcd -i input.cue -o output.chd -c zstd,cdzs

with CHDman 0.263... and it seems to work flawlessly. :toot:

Colin McRae PAL Rev 1 (SLES-00477) : ~480Mo compressed to 313Mo (for comparison PBP 9 file size is 349Mo)
Colin McRae 2 PAL Rev 2 (SLES-02605) : ~620Mo compressed to 343Mo

Played 2 hours CMR 1 and no DSI crash (Dynarec, no dithering)
Played 1 hour CMR 2 and no DSI crash (Lightrec, no dithering). One freeze though, but I think it was not related to CHD (when switching camera views, while driving. Could not reproduce it.)

- CMR 1 does not work anymore with Lightrec (controller does not respond on main menu, it was working previously).
Sad. :sleep:
- In CMR 2, "Quit to main menu" from championship or rally stage menu doesn't crash anymore !
Happy. :yay:

Last edited by Ouaz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto