source

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi guys,

i was just wondering if anyone has infos on where the wiinja will have to be soldered in the wii? i believe its on the dvd device...

what about a kind of jig, for those who dont know, its a small tool that you fix on a motherboard that makes contact with the necessary points without soldering and you just put the chip inside...

it would be nice to be able to place this chip on our wiis without soldering, and also be able to remove it easely when N will make it useless...

what do you think about it?

best regards
Patrick

source

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright, but its an easy thing to build when you know where to go...

just need to know where it must be soldered and different measurements...

i know some guys who could build it, thats why i m asking

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright, but its an easy thing to build when you know where to go...

just need to know where it must be soldered and different measurements...

i know some guys who could build it, thats why i m asking

Well, have them build it! You could probably market and sell it if the chip is successful. There are schematics on www.wiinja.com

source

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
please dont misunderstand me, i m not willing to sell anything, not interested in that business, its just for my proper ease of use (and for many other blokes, i suppose)

thanks hooya, i will have a look

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does anyone here predict that there will be a solderless way to play wii backups on a wii in the future?

probably:

Wii free-loader / SD card loader ----> hack code ----> solderless = wii backup.

^ are u suggesting we can actually MAKE games just by getting a Wii freeloader/SD card/hack code? Wow thats amazing, and too think there are companies out there still MAKING games from the ground up.

regarding this method of making games out of nothing, are the games random or made in a certain order?

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
unfortunately, that picture is useless, you just see the points, no details...

wink2.gif
what are u talking about these pictures are really helpful
that is if u know how to solder

source

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i m just saying its useless because it is not said where the points are situated, and there is no complete picture of the motherboard with exact measurements... without that, its impossible to build a jig that would fit around the motherboard and let you remount the console properly
smile.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i m just saying its useless because it is not said where the points are situated, and there is no complete picture of the motherboard with exact measurements... without that, its impossible to build a jig that would fit around the motherboard and let you remount the console properly
smile.gif

So open up a Wii, find the points on the picture and measure them! I'm pretty sure you can piece together where the zoomed in picture of the drive board is once you've opened the machine and are looking at it.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, wouldn't just be less trouble to find someone who can solder?
If no one you know can then why not try an electronics repair place, the guys that fix busted TVs and stuff. It's a very small job I'm sure it wouldn't cost much.

Seems like way more trouble to try and create some precision mounting device that will provide adequate contact. Are you sure that the people you know who could machine such a device aren't capable of soldering?

source

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when its a pcb factory, they should be i guess
smile.gif

and i m sure many other people will want the same as i want, why soldering on the wii when you can just clip it and remove it when nintendo changes this or that and make it useless? also removing the chip will be so easy with that device ... i think its what everyones need

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1