Wiikey U preorders will open soon!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo what does this thing actually do? I am guessing it is a first step towards Homebrew or .... piracy its all the same when you get down to the details.

I believe there are people that use exploits and the like for genuine reasons (play backups of only games they own) and homebrew games. These people are surely few and far between, but I wouldn't say that they don't exist.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soo what does this thing actually do? I am guessing it is a first step towards Homebrew or .... piracy its all the same when you get down to the details.
It probably emulates the disc drive like most other ODDEs, making it near useless for homebrew purposes.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is technically useless for homebrew. But I am betting that releasing this would actually cause the scene to release software exploits which would enable homebrew. They would do this to spite these people and cause them to make less money off of piracy.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered mine from www.modchipcentral.com only official distributor I could find that has preorders thus far :). Anyone know if this will play imports? I'm leaning towards no as its not stated in the list of features but one can dream.... lol. Worst case scenario, somebody will likely figure out how to patch the region info on a Wii U iso anyways. This was a workaround for the first gen of modchips for the original Wii (and countless other consoles).

Even though the Wiikey U doesn't look as though it will give us a backdoor for running homebrew just yet, a hack is a hack, and for a first gen mod, this is pretty awesome! Drive emulation is a great start!

amback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my situation (And I know I'm not the only one) Piracy will help Nintendo sell more consoles. I'll be buying a Wii U if this goes well.

sorry if i sound bad but i just need to say it, nintendo is selling the wiiu at a lost. which means if you are trying to/planning on buying this just to pirate the games and NOT EVEN BUY A FEW GAMES ONCE IN A WHILE

nintendo will be more hurt than helped

i admit am probably buying this and pirate a few games here and there but

i will support nintendo and buy their games

now when it comes to third party, then am iffy

last but not least if you are planning on pirating game but also support nintendo every once in a while then just ignore my post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1