Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having trouble with dios mios (It just Blackscreens) and wondering if I have a format problem.

I used GUI Drive Formatter but used the default settings, is there an easy way to check how it is formated?
Do I need To format it to FAT 32 512 sector size?
What are the recomended format settings I should choose?

using the get bytespersector I Get; 512 TOSHIBA external USB 3.0 USB Device. It's 1TB.
Thanks

What version of DIOS MIOS did you install?[/quote]

I installed the Dios Mios 2.10 wad from the abz masterpack

If I start my neek2o I can start GC games with Dios Mios.
If I try to start a GC game from Wiiflow it blackscreens. (not Crash)
if i am in neek2o mode in wiiflow and try to select GC source it says disabled

This was a virgin wii i just bought formated and updated.
I used hack mii installer and smash stack.
Then I followed ABZ's Instructions to the letter. It is also his prepared emunand.
This is also a new 1TB Toshiba HDD with two partitions #1. 500GB FAT #2. 500GB NTFS, It only has ABZ extracted folder and My Games and WBFS folder.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
re: jpeg cover warp: I've had 1 cover do that.... it was obviously on a newer build, and was also one of my SNES ones: I'd originally made it PNG, then decided to update it a little, plus changed to JPEG, then a cache reload. Ended up the only thing I could do to fix was revert to PNG and change the name, using 'and' instead of '&' :lol:

Not the greatest bit of info ever, but perhaps it'll help identify why it happens...?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
re: jpeg cover warp: I've had 1 cover do that.... it was obviously on a newer build, and was also one of my SNES ones: I'd originally made it PNG, then decided to update it a little, plus changed to JPEG, then a cache reload. Ended up the only thing I could do to fix was revert to PNG and change the name, using 'and' instead of '&' :lol:

Not the greatest bit of info ever, but perhaps it'll help identify why it happens...?
Thanks any info helps it seems to be all JPEG covers somewhere after r1056 4.2.1 WiiFlow so if anyone wants to cache JPEG covers just use the stable build for now until I have a bit more time and can track down the exact rev which is causing the issue.

Reactions: halen

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of DIOS MIOS did you install?

I installed the Dios Mios 2.10 wad from the abz masterpack

If I start my neek2o I can start GC games with Dios Mios.
If I try to start a GC game from Wiiflow it blackscreens. (not Crash)
if i am in neek2o mode in wiiflow and try to select GC source it says disabled

This was a virgin wii i just bought formated and updated.
I used hack mii installer and smash stack.
Then I followed ABZ's Instructions to the letter. It is also his prepared emunand.
This is also a new 1TB Toshiba HDD with two partitions #1. 500GB FAT #2. 500GB NTFS, It only has ABZ extracted folder and My Games and WBFS folder.[/quote]

My guess is it's the 2 partition setup.

Wait - which DIOS MIOS did you install? regular or lite?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi fix94--- having trouble compiling it...

videopatch.c
c:/Users/Bob/Documents/WiiFlow_Source/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/resources/wiiflow_game_booter/source/videopatch.c:161:3: error: 'TVMpal480Prog' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[2]: *** [videopatch.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
"make": *** [all] Error 2

i'm seeing the same error....i tried a fresh DevKit install (w/ latest stock libogc, and with libogc used on prior revisions)...no difference.... and a fresh source download...also no difference. has anyone had success?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll check I always compile my own versions as well and d/load fix's version if I have issues to make sure it wasn't a dirty compile. I'll just switch some folders around and give it a run later tonight when I get home.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm seeing the same error....i tried a fresh DevKit install (w/ latest stock libogc, and with libogc used on prior revisions)...no difference.... and a fresh source download...also no difference. has anyone had success?

I had the same error, all I did to correct it was: Ran devkitProUpdater, than i ran a quick "clean" and then I was able to compile with no issues.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: mastershoes

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry if this has been asked before,but is there any way to make Wiiflow display both Wii and GC games at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Sorry if this has been asked before,but is there any way to make Wiiflow display both Wii and GC games at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

use combined view (set this option "on" first in startup settings iirc) then in the source menu press B on the icons you want to combine followed by back

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks in advance!
use combined view (set this option "on" first in startup settings iirc) then in the source menu press B on the icons you want to combine followed by back
Turn Multisource on in Startup settings under source menu, then press "+" on the icons you want to combine followed by "B" to go back.

Reactions: WiiFreasko

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a limit to how many sources you can combine? I've tried combining 4 or 5 sources using Multisource previously and I didn't get all of the sources I selected.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran into a nick on my Wiiflow.. After not using the Wii for about 2 months or so, I turn on my Wiiflow and tried to go to the source menu with the B button but all it does is reset Wiiflow. last I looked I had r1028 and tried a newer version but same results. I have my settings set right that I know of cuz everything was working before but now idk whats going on. Any help I would be thankful for. Thanks.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran into a nick on my Wiiflow.. After not using the Wii for about 2 months or so, I turn on my Wiiflow and tried to go to the source menu with the B button but all it does is reset Wiiflow. last I looked I had r1028 and tried a newer version but same results. I have my settings set right that I know of cuz everything was working before but now idk whats going on. Any help I would be thankful for. Thanks.
go into the startup settings and from there the source menu settings and set the use B for source menu to yes/on

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply fledge, but I did that already and just checked again just to be sure. It won't let me go to source menu at all. Even after enabling Sourceflow and tried a plugin, it would just reset back to Wiiflow. I dug through all the .ini's and nothing seemed out of place. Even went through and let Wiiflow make a new .ini in the apps folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Gonna do my homework +1