Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New default Carbonik Abz frame to be used from now on, old ones still there if needed
4:3
DFCFnjh.jpg
16:9
V0DeOK9.jpg

P.S. 973 displays currently used paths by default like a charm, Thanks Fledge

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work. I'm looking forward to using it. May it be requested that you include the source buttons with your themes, instead of a separate download? If they could be placed in the proper locations, it would make it that much easier to install them. :)

In addition, in regards to the source menu, if you don't feel like catering to an american audience (megadrive vs. genesis, ntsc vs. pal snes etc.) may it be requested that you include the blanks that you used so that we may make our own to suit our needs? Thank you.

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
momin please make a wifi gecko log which is much more usefull in this case. Use WifiGeckoReader, Instructions:
Code:
WifiGeckoReader allows you to view the gecko debug messages over the wifi connection. Only use this when debugging.  There is no need to use it regularly.  Set wifi_gecko=no when not needed.
It uses UDP port 4405.

To make it work with wiiflow, edit or add the following wiiflow.ini lines:

[DEBUG]
wifi_gecko=yes
wifi_gecko_port=4405

wifi_gecko_ip=your.computer.ipAddr.here
eg:
wifi_gecko_ip=192.168.0.199

Once this is done, run WifiGeckoReader, then run wiiflow.  You should start seeing debug messages.

I made a wifi gecko log using r973. Run ww/wv games placed in emunand with not SD inserted (with SD inserted all themes work ok)

work perfectly with:
-default theme
-the last version of Carbonik theme (this)
-Gothic theme (this)

Doesn't work, code dump with:
-Orchid theme (this) (and old version too)

==> wifi gecko log:

Attachments

• GeckoLog.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 368

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fledge68 Can we have left/right change pages in explorer? It feels weird having different button commands for the same function in different sections of the same program. What are your thoughts on this? :unsure:

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great work. I'm looking forward to using it. May it be requested that you include the source buttons with your themes, instead of a separate download? If they could be placed in the proper locations, it would make it that much easier to install them. :)

In addition, in regards to the source menu, if you don't feel like catering to an american audience (megadrive vs. genesis, ntsc vs. pal snes etc.) may it be requested that you include the blanks that you used so that we may make our own to suit our needs? Thank you.

hum... things are clear, wiiflow and source menu are 2 differents projects.

I do not like, I do not use the source menu, but I do icons agree with our themes to avoid clash graphic...
Orchid, SNT, Carbonik and Gothic will never have the source menu folder included on mega youra yippe yeh theme pack.

For the "desire of Americans use my sources menu", I laugh... hahaha
no icon is displayed megadrive or NTSC or other shit that you talk, it is only their names. Names from the beginning, you do not like.
It's not a problem for me, you dont like ? dont use it.

I also refuse to use wiiflow because I'm french. I will use rather WiiCourant or WiiCirculation or WiiCourant.
Please mister drako, stop your coms like this. Do something rather than asking anything...

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn French Fries always want the easy way out....never want to appreciate the Effort being made for all Users to maximize the Full potential of WiiFlow

maximize wiiflow is to translate all word in US ?
wiiflow is made in france by a french. the majority of theme are frenchy, the maj in frenchy...

you macmanhigh, what have you do for wiiflow ? hehe

a head of death and cannabis leaves in avatar are necessarily a pre pubescent, so thanks for your coms, back in ten years

please stop this shit, stay on topic, PM allowed for that

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hum... things are clear, wiiflow and source menu are 2 differents projects.

I do not like, I do not use the source menu, but I do icons agree with our themes to avoid clash graphic...
Orchid, SNT, Carbonik and Gothic will never have the source menu folder included on mega youra yippe yeh theme pack.

For the "desire of Americans use my sources menu", I laugh... hahaha
no icon is displayed megadrive or NTSC or other shit that you talk, it is only their names. Names from the beginning, you do not like.
It's not a problem for me, you dont like ? dont use it.

I also refuse to use wiiflow because I'm french. I will use rather WiiCourant or WiiCirculation or WiiCourant.
Please mister drako, stop your coms like this. Do something rather than asking anything...

'wiiflow and source menu are 2 differents projects.' - looks like one project to me. Different pieces but 1 project.

Perhaps your English comprehension isn't that good because drakorex's statement -

'if you don't feel like catering to an american audience (megadrive vs. genesis, ntsc vs. pal snes etc.) may it be requested that you include the blanks that you used so that we may make our own to suit our needs? Thank you.'

was not deserving of your cursing dont like it dont use it retort.

He asked nice you came back with your usual crappy attitude and I for one find it rude and completely uncalled for.

If there was an unlike button on posts you might get the full extent of how much you piss people off.

Pretty much everyone here is working to help improve the WiiFlow project. If you don't like the direction that it is going create your own branch and see how many people follow your nasty self.

Now I've gone and broken a rule about if you don't have anything good to say keep your mouth shut but I'm sick of your attitude and unhelpful behavior.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow is made in france by a french. the majority of theme are frenchy, the maj in frenchy...

a head of death and cannabis leaves in avatar are necessarily a pre pubescent, so thanks for your coms, back in ten years

I think your personal attack on Drakorex was what brought that on. So as a retort you do a personal attack on macmanhigh.

I'm sensing a pattern here. When you don't like what someone says rather that debate the point you attack. Talk about juvenile!

Reactions: macmanhigh

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know how to get tv mode on wiiflow r973

Can you explain what you mean by 'TV MODE'? There is a global video setting and per game settings where you can change from PAL to NTSC, 50/60 cycle etc. If that is what you mean you can globally set it under the settings menu or set it individually per game under each game settings. If it's something different please explain and I'm sure we can help.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
:blink: mamule the only thing drakorex asked was if you would include a few blank templates with your source menu icons so that other users could tweak them to their liking, no big deal if you just say "No I don't want to or don't feel like it." He didn't ask that you change or add anything. As a matter of fact I like your Source Menu Icons so I have no input on the matter, maybe we should communicate a little better between each other and try to understand one another, rather than attack each others comments, even with language barriers this can be easily done.

Also, Drakorex has made some very creative coverflows, themes, updated old themes and has started on FlowMart for WiiFlow, be a little nicer to him, he likes to contribute too you know. I know he likes to do a lot of requesting as well so just be patient with him lol :P

Nice work on the new WIP themes, I know you guys work really hard and put in a lot of time to make these themes look and feel as good as they do. Let's just try to understand one another a little better. We all love WiiFlow here.

Reactions: macmanhigh

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks bostonBC for the answer. Only other question: Wiiware works in 4tb HDD? When i try to play the wiiflow show a black screen and returns to the begin (Wiiware Covers)?

I ran the Forecast channel, Mii channel, New channel, Photo channel without a problem. I ran some Wiiware and VC games and they worked and exited back to WiiFlow. I tried running the SNES9x channel and it black screened and returned to WiiFlow after a while. So it may be based on which channel you are using.

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain what you mean by 'TV MODE'? There is a global video setting and per game settings where you can change from PAL to NTSC, 50/60 cycle etc. If that is what you mean you can globally set it under the settings menu or set it individually per game under each game settings. If it's something different please explain and I'm sure we can help.

i mean this by tv mode on were i point

Attachments

• tv mode.JPG
    tv mode.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 202

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whut have i done for WiiFlow???

DL it,Use it,Enjoy it,Test it,Report anything i can to further improve for the Masses.........American or French ;)

Im pretty sure im older than U son throwing these little fits with everyone over nothing pretty much

Im sure all will agree with the rest of us :

USA! USA! USA! USA!

THX to Fix94,MassiveRican,Drakorex,bostonBC and everyone that continues to make WiiFlow Amazing :yaywii:

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I usually don't write anything offensive but the last comments are too much (and in a bad mood, perhaps).

Wiiflow has been coded by one person: Hibern. His work is astounding and I doubt any developper here is able to do the same.
Yeah, he's french but who cares? Oh yes, some frenchies that run a website maybe.
They've done a few images and the first "official" theme. Wow, great, everyone's happy. Then, they think wiiflow is theirs so as the theme. When someone modifies the theme, war is declared. When you ask their templates, you'll be ignored or get an agressive answer. It's a general issue not only related to wiiflow's themes. What's the problem with you amateur designers?

Fortunately, it's not exactly the same with source codes otherwise you'll have nothing right now. People don't realize the time/efforts invested in coding (adding features in Wiiflow, or even porting games/emulator) compared to some hours in photoshop (yeah, it's necessary and sometimes there are beautiful creations too off course).

I won't defend mamule (he'll do that well), but you won't believe it but there are audiences outside the US. For the source menu, I like to have the french console that I know, and the covers too.
Nevertheless, I found it strange that mamule asked me 2 months ago to subscribe to his forum, when he doesn't give a shit about the source menu. I just dedicated only to emulation, ports, and lately to wiiflow plugins, but well...

Edit
Ironic thankx to drakorex and others removed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!