Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you
I followed the wiihacks guide where downgrading to 4.1 was recommended.

I have Priiloader installed and configured to block disc channel and internet updates. The Wii is not connected to the internet anyway.

hdd has one partition only, wiflow folder is in sd card

Every game worked more than a month ago using the same settings, so I can't figure out what went wrong.

Is there any way I can remod?
if you have one try a different usb drive with 1 game in wbfs folder and see if it works I had some problems and had to rebuild my mbr on my hard drive but I think the games wouldn't show up when it happened to me

rst123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you
if you have one try a different usb drive with 1 game in wbfs folder and see if it works I had some problems and had to rebuild my mbr on my hard drive but I think the games wouldn't show up when it happened to me

I have tried with a flash drive with same result.

rst123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried temporarily renaming or moving your wiiflow folder and wiiflow.ini file and running it to test a clean install?

I tried running wiiflow from HBC, deleting WiiFlow folder from SD card and reinstalling to the same result. I think this is happening because my hdd is almost full now. It was almost half empty more than a month ago when all games worked. Not sure why the flash drive is not working though, but I read in a fat32 compatibility guide that Transcend flash drives have some problems with softmodded Wii.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the wiihacks guide where downgrading to 4.1 was recommended.

I have Priiloader installed and configured to block disc channel and internet updates. The Wii is not connected to the internet anyway.

hdd has one partition only, wiflow folder is in sd card

Every game worked more than a month ago using the same settings, so I can't figure out what went wrong.

Is there any way I can remod?
I never had much luck with split setups (hard disk and SD card). Have you tried copying the wiiflow folder from the SD card to the hard disk? Make sure you remove the SD card before launching WiiFlow from the forwarder channel. BTW - what forwarder/version are you using?

NTFS has been a PITA for me as well, I only use FAT32 volumes. You may want to try setting it up as a single FAT32 partition and copy the apps, wbfs and wiiflow folder to the USB drive and run everything from there.

Most of the flash drives I've used work fine. Were you formatting it as FAT32 or NTFS? And were you using the split USB/SD setup with the flash drives?

rst123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had much luck with split setups (hard disk and SD card). Have you tried copying the wiiflow folder from the SD card to the hard disk? Make sure you remove the SD card before launching WiiFlow from the forwarder channel. BTW - what forwarder/version are you using?

NTFS has been a PITA for me as well, I only use FAT32 volumes. You may want to try setting it up as a single FAT32 partition and copy the apps, wbfs and wiiflow folder to the USB drive and run everything from there.

Most of the flash drives I've used work fine. Were you formatting it as FAT32 or NTFS? And were you using the split USB/SD setup with the flash drives?

I have the WiiFlow folder on the SD card only. The external hdd is WD My Passport 1.5TB which is pre formatted to ntfs, its almost full so reformatting it to fat32 is not an option for me. The flash drive came formatted in fat 32. I tried using WiiFlow 4.1, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 . What is split USB/SD setup?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the WiiFlow folder on the SD card only. The external hdd is WD My Passport 1.5TB which is pre formatted to ntfs, its almost full so reformatting it to fat32 is not an option for me. The flash drive came formatted in fat 32. I tried using WiiFlow 4.1, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 . What is split USB/SD setup?
A split setup is running the app from one device and the games from another - that's what you have done. If either the SD card or hard disk has problems it can weird the system out like you are describing.

AbdallahTerro has a good suggestion. Try the other 2 major USB loaders.

You can also try backing up 1 game from the hard disk and copying all the SD card files to the HD, remove the SD card and try running everything from the HD. If it fails the HD is the problem.

And there are tools that can change the format of a volume on the fly.

I have a feeling you have a HD problem but you aren't going to validate it by not wanting to touch the hard disk.

Backup what's on it, format as FAT32 and then copy the apps and wiiflow folder to it and then a few wbfs files. If that doesn't work your HD is the issue.

Reactions: rst123

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hell yea, i get a free day today!..
so my plans are to fix my last two themes.( this should be real easy now that they updated orchid an both of them use orchid ini.). an will have those up later today.
also since it's been a few years of doing a total update. ( an by update i mean a rehack.). what is the best set up for d2x? just having some minor bug issues i need to get fixed. (random code dumps,when i used to have none.) an is wiiflow smoother when running from my fat32 hdd, or should i leave everything on sd card? or really doesn't matter. thanks for the help.
(yes abdallah terro, i will be using your mega pack. been looking at it, an have got to say. great work on getting it together an explaining everything out for users.)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey thanx Ayatus, i want to thank you and other Tgame members that still are active for wiiflow... you guys do amazing things with covers and themes..
This makes me smile again...i am glad you continued support on these fantastic themes...

PS. i wonder if i will ever see some work of your own Ayatus...* wink *...

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
PS. i wonder if i will ever see some work of your own Ayatus...* wink *...

Ha ha, I am unable to draw a sheep, then create a complete theme ...
I already realized the horrible StarNight source menu, I will not commit other crimes.

Generally, my work is invisible.

rgjr77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know if a plugin for mame is available for Wiiflow yet? And I was wondering if the plugins for lets say nes or snes let you go back to the wii menu because mine dont. I have the most current releases but I have a wiiU. I dont know if that is an issue because they worked great on my wii. I was also wondering what dol would be for Neo-geo. Im using fba_cores_neo.dol I assume thats correct. I believe I have all the bios files in the correct location(any links to some) but cant be sure(I put them in several just incase!) and I cant get it to work ...I have many working ps1, nes, etc...except that one. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

rst123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A split setup is running the app from one device and the games from another - that's what you have done. If either the SD card or hard disk has problems it can weird the system out like you are describing.

AbdallahTerro has a good suggestion. Try the other 2 major USB loaders.

You can also try backing up 1 game from the hard disk and copying all the SD card files to the HD, remove the SD card and try running everything from the HD. If it fails the HD is the problem.

And there are tools that can change the format of a volume on the fly.

I have a feeling you have a HD problem but you aren't going to validate it by not wanting to touch the hard disk.

Backup what's on it, format as FAT32 and then copy the apps and wiiflow folder to it and then a few wbfs files. If that doesn't work your HD is the issue.

I am running a scandisk on my hard drive. Lets see what happens. I will try with it once more after the check finishes. Not sure why the flash drive does not work then.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running a scandisk on my hard drive. Lets see what happens. I will try with it once more after the check finishes. Not sure why the flash drive does not work then.
Lots of flash drives don't work properly on the Wii. Some work in some USB loaders and not WiiFlow. I think it has to do with how the USB bus/drives are initialized by the different USB loaders.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would absolutely love to find out how to get the genre's for everything else. I manually started doing categories/genres for Emulators, it's very time consuming so far I only have the letter "A" done for SNES lol.

That'd be cool to have a premade list of genres indeed. It shouldn't be extremely difficult to create a little app to generate such a list, at least for popular systems. There are already some offline databases available (GameEx etc...).
It's "just" a matter of parsing the database file, as long as it's based on naming convention (no-intro or tosec).
Perhaps Maxternal could look at it some day, since he's creating a lot of good pc apps.

I know it's been asked before but what is the feasibility of a pc program that make the .wfc files? Any details, explanations on these cache files?

Thank you very much fix94 and matt for the subfolders cache trick.

Reactions: iancer

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
@Ayatus nice to see the themes getting full official updates. One question though, what does the patch do that is shown being run from the home brew channel? I liked the look of the extra settings but was not sure what they were for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo