Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if anybody can help me with this. I an trying to alter the .ini for my own usb drive. I have my roms in usb:/WiiFlow/fceugx/roms. What exactly do I have to write in the arguments=? Would I have to change anything else?

[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=fceugx
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
romDir=fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx-mod11.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=FCEUltraGX
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still need to finish the source menu icons, finalize carbonik and complete the missing cover set.
The custom missing covers will be added later maybe in my next megapack :P
If you can don't forget a set of missing covers for TG-16/CD(Which I guess is PC-Engine as well) as well, and I don't think I saw a retroarch SM icon for mednafenpce-fast/TG-16/CD I think that's the only one you're missing NVM i needed to look closer :ninja:

Edit: BTW Abz I have 19 different source menu sets, all to match the available themes out there, about 15 of those have the same standardized names for their icons, only the ones created by Jiiwah and yourself have a different naming convention.

I've already changed it for myself, but I was wondering if you'd be willing to change your naming convention to match with MS/Drakorex/Pepxl sets for example, and I'm also surprised that your SM icons don't have a selected set just a default one, I like the difference in selected SM icons over non-selected but I don't have that choice with your set and I'm wondering if you'll ever make a selected set of icons to match? I know usually it's just a simple different colored frame or something but maybe you don't like that, just curious thanks for all your customizing and help as usual.
The selected icon is already enlarged when you hover over it, that's the main reason I didn't make a selected icon, but if this is a big deal I'll add a different color for the frame next time.
about naming stuff you're making a standardized naming will make it easier to track down the missings.

I also would like to see a standardized magic numbers maybe @mastershoes can help since he already have an advanced extended setup.
By no means is it a big deal, I was actually just curious if it was something you were leaving for later or that you weren't gonna have at all. It would be cool if you include them though that way we can choose if we want to use them or not :) and hooray, standardization for all lol.
So I started making a "FULL" set using same naming convention and a selected golden frame
more news/previews later
by the way guys - i like the naming convention idea. I believe mastershoes started it so +1 to him. :)

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the loader appears to see my roms but doesn't play them. Not sure what is going wrong... just get a black screen. Does the fceugx-mod11.dol remain in the plugins folder or do I have to move it somewhere else?

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your roms are good? Everything else looks correct.
Here's my .ini file so you can compare if you want.

[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=Nintendo
fileTypes=.nes
romDir=wiiflow/plugins/fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx-mod11.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=Nintendo
consoleCoverID=nintendo

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure your roms are good? Everything else looks correct.
Here's my .ini file so you can compare if you want.

[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=Nintendo
fileTypes=.nes
romDir=wiiflow/plugins/fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx-mod11.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=Nintendo
consoleCoverID=nintendo

Yes I have played the roms many times.... I tried to unzip also but no luck...just keeps returning back to (nes) loader

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToddofWar420 is possible to put your scummvm.ini to compare that i have.
I will when I get a chance to, but right now I haven't even started on setting up my scummvm.ini yet. I'm currently trying to get Sega CD & NeoGeo Pocket to work.
Speaking of which, I can't get my NeoGeo Pocket roms to show up. Anybody got any ideas on how to come about this ordeal?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a "mock up" of what i'm working on. next for droidflow. i know it can work. already have bootmii icon an priiloader icon.( button style like source.).
just have to rewrite the ini for the exit to buttons.(really it's copy/paste a few lines)..

2euq534.jpg

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I put together all the sets posted here except for Starnight by Ayatus, Andro!d by Dark, and Abz's and Macmanhigh's sets. I will get them updated as soon as i get a chance, was on tour for the weekend. I also have a list posted there of what i'm using for a standardized naming convection for the buttons, if anyone's interested in keeping things the same for easy set swappin'.

What is the problem of the naming of my files ?? They are like we (ayatus and me) want ,and we are the author so we are the owner and I don"t want that somebody else ayatus or me change it without our permission.
Why using a standardized naming convection ? Open your mind, be free !!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put together all the sets posted here except for Starnight by Ayatus, Andro!d by Dark, and Abz's and Macmanhigh's sets. I will get them updated as soon as i get a chance, was on tour for the weekend. I also have a list posted there of what i'm using for a standardized naming convection for the buttons, if anyone's interested in keeping things the same for easy set swappin'.

What is the problem of the naming of my files ?? They are like we (ayatus and me) want ,and we are the author so we are the owner and I don"t want that somebody else ayatus or me change it without our permission.
There's no problem with the naming of your files. The naming convection just makes it easier for the wiiflow user to setup the source menu buttons. You don't have to follow the naming convection but that just means the user will have to rename your images to his/her liking to match their source menu.ini

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was helping Shortz with his droidflow theme the other night, and I noticed that the home menu doesn't have USER support. It kinda screws up what I'm trying to do. I sent him my mod, waiting for him to respond. But would it be too difficult to get [HOME/USER1] AND [HOME/USER2]? Also I can't get the custom pointer to work.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for Fix or anyone else who knows, I'm a little behind the times but I was reading on Devolution thread how Tueidj fixed devolution to use any size memcard.bin as of r115

The source code for the sample loader has been updated to allow memcard.bin to be any size >= 512KB instead of always requiring it to be at least 16MB, other loaders should do the same so they can properly support all memory card dumps.

So I was wondering did you ever change that for wiiflow too? or did you have to?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Question for Fix or anyone else who knows, I'm a little behind the times but I was reading on Devolution thread how Tueidj fixed devolution to use any size memcard.bin as of r115

The source code for the sample loader has been updated to allow memcard.bin to be any size >= 512KB instead of always requiring it to be at least 16MB, other loaders should do the same so they can properly support all memory card dumps.

So I was wondering did you ever change that for wiiflow too? or did you have to?
Nope, looks like that check's still in there
( http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/source/browse/trunk/source/gc/gc.cpp line 268 )

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like Fledge said, there is nothing wrong with the naming of your files. I set them up this way for ease of use for the user, as to not have to manually change all the names. I'm adapted everything to use dark's naming convection, as it seemed the most consistant. It makes swapping out source menu button sets incredibly easy. Also, I did get permission to post the set from Ayatus... I guess i didn't mention to him that i was re-naming the set to match the other 15 sets, but to be honest, i never thought it was anything that anyone would ever get upset about. I'm sorry if it upset you, but wasn't done to piss anyone off, but rather make life easier for the community. It's a great button set to go with a great theme, and i wanted to make sure it got included in the thread is all.

Reactions: 2 people

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

No problem at all Jiiwah, it's just easier to swap sets when they use the same naming convention. I use many different source_menu icon sets and since I change them every so often when they have the same naming convention and I can use the same source_menu.ini for them all as well :D

If it bothers you I'm sure the end-user can change them if needed. Thanks for your set by the way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol