Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
06/19/10:
WiiFlow 2.0 was released by the new team, it is a new stable release.
Here are the main changes:
- load games from FAT/NTFS partitions (.wbfs files)
- channel list
- cheat menu (from VIP)
- new gecko engine
- fanart (ask bubba)
(complete list of changes)
"new gecko engine"
Does this mean you can use the USB Gecko With WiiFlow?

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gameplayer_9198 said:
zorglub07 said:
06/19/10:
- new gecko engine
"new gecko engine"

It actually meant new Ocarina engine.
wink.gif

About the USB Gecko, it depends on what you want to do. If you want to stream games from your pc, then no. Sorry. If you want to be able to debug games, then it was the idea that that was possible. However, we had a bug somewhere. Our next release will be able to do that.

Posts merged

QUOTE(frostii @ Nov 24 2010, 04:39 AM)
This is the link to several trailers created by Spidy1000 (big thx to him):

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2b563a...85d402b9fc3640c]http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2b563a...85d402b9fc3640c[/url]
So you are having this with ALL your trailers???

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
gameplayer_9198 said:
zorglub07 said:
06/19/10:
- new gecko engine
"new gecko engine"

It actually meant new Ocarina engine.
wink.gif

About the USB Gecko, it depends on what you want to do. If you want to stream games from your pc, then no. Sorry. If you want to be able to debug games, then it was the idea that that was possible. However, we had a bug somewhere. Our next release will be able to do that.

Posts merged

QUOTE(frostii @ Nov 24 2010, 04:39 AM)
This is the link to several trailers created by Spidy1000 (big thx to him):

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2b563a...85d402b9fc3640c]http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2b563a...85d402b9fc3640c[/url]
So you are having this with ALL your trailers???
I've d/l'd about 20 from that link above. I've also tried d/ling from gametrailers.com and converting a video myself.
Whether they're on the hdd, or the sd (although not as bad), a slight glitch in the playback causes the wii to return to the wiiflow menu.
Not a single trailer will play in its entirety....
frown.gif

isoku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a theme and I was wondering if there is a setting to increase the repeat delay when browsing with the d-pad? At the moment the delay is a bit too small and I find myself going through multiple covers with a tap of the d-pad.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
isoku said:
I'm working on a theme and I was wondering if there is a setting to increase the repeat delay when browsing with the d-pad? At the moment the delay is a bit too small and I find myself going through multiple covers with a tap of the d-pad.
Nope, the repeat delay is hardcoded. If we decide to make that configurable, it's gonna be a setting, and not a theme option. The reason is simple: every user has another wish. However, changing the repeat delay has an impact on a lot of screens, so I'm not sure if we're gonna make it configurable.

You can at least create an enhancement request (issue) at the google code page. That way, we won't forget
wink.gif

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will the CODBO bugfix(USB deinit, from cfg loader) also be applied to Wiiflow? I now have 2 versions of wii flow running (222 base and 224 base).
It would be nice that i could use 222 as default base and that i set game specific IOS to 224 or 249base57.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Does anyone happen to know if WiiFlow plays nicely with cIOS249v20[56]?
Besides not being able to play COD:BO, it has played every game I have thrown at it with no problems. It plays all my guitar games with DLC.

The only thing I notice is that when you first load WiiFlow, you might have problems like slow WiiFlow startup (the controller might take time to be recognized), the hard drive sometimes is not recognized (very low percentage) or even a freeze loading a game on occasion (low percentage as well).

enemywithin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a program to convert the WiiTDB genres to categories for Wiiflow. This is accomplished by mapping the genres to the desired categories. I included the mappings.ini file that I use for my collection.

kbwzg9.jpg

1. Select the "titlesdump.ini" file (this is selected automatically if the drive is connected and it's in the wiiflow\settings folder)
2. Click the Update button (the mappings.ini file is loaded and applied)
3. Fix the genre-to-category mappings (as required)
4. Click the Output button to save the "categories.ini" file.

Wiiflow G2C

I can upload the source if anyone wants it.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
enemywithin said:
I wrote a program to convert the WiiTDB genres to categories for Wiiflow. This is accomplished by mapping the genres to the desired categories. I included the mappings.ini file that I use for my collection.

kbwzg9.jpg

1. Select the "titlesdump.ini" file (this is selected automatically if the drive is connected and it's in the wiiflow\settings folder)
2. Click the Update button (the mappings.ini file is loaded and applied)
3. Fix the genre-to-category mappings (as required)
4. Click the Output button to save the "categories.ini" file.

Wiiflow G2C

I can upload the source if anyone wants it.

Thanks a lot for making this nice tool, going to try it very soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...