Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In my opinion,Wiiflow needs 2 additions in order to catch up with the other and uglier loaders.
1) Hook selection for Ocarina codes via game options
and
2)Alt.dol+ support

r-win,how possible is it to implement them?

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
panmusic said:
In my opinion,Wiiflow needs 2 additions in order to catch up with the other and uglier loaders.
and
2)Alt.dol+ support

There is already alt dol support...

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tetram said:
panmusic said:
and
2)Alt.dol+ support

There is already alt dol support...
Yes,I know...
I mean alt.dol + support for games like Sam and Max.This method requires some .wmd files in the loader folder.

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PizzaPino said:
it's already been over a month since the last update. could you give us some insight into your work r-win?

It has been a while but also remember r-win has been on holiday for 2 weeks I think it was, and even the day before he went on holiday he was on here releasing bug fixes to the beta's. So please be patient I'm sure he's working away in the background .. no news is good news!

Plasma

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.:Plasma:. said:
PizzaPino said:
it's already been over a month since the last update. could you give us some insight into your work r-win?

It has been a while but also remember r-win has been on holiday for 2 weeks I think it was, and even the day before he went on holiday he was on here releasing bug fixes to the beta's. So please be patient I'm sure he's working away in the background .. no news is good news!

Plasma

Also r-win's internet connection is out due to a broken modem, so he was unable to get to the svn to work on wiiflow, he'll start working on it soon

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Spidy1000 said:
Also r-win's internet connection is out due to a broken modem, so he was unable to get to the svn to work on wiiflow, he'll start working on it soon
29 Hours ago he commented on the Wodeflow-Page...
tongue.gif

Nah, I belive you. Still waiting eagerly for a new Version with fixes (and maybe tranaF
wink.gif
)...

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
Spidy1000 said:
29 Hours ago he commented on the Wodeflow-Page...
tongue.gif

Nah, I belive you. Still waiting eagerly for a new Version with fixes (and maybe tranaF
wink.gif
)...

he sometimes uses his neigbours wifi connection, but it's not very stable and very slow

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well well, you guys keep following me
smile.gif

It seems that everybody is right here. Yes, I was on a holiday. When I got back, my internet connection was gone, but my modem worked. So after calling my provider, they phoned a mechanic, but that took 5 workingdays. Last friday he tested the line, and it was fine, which means that my modem is broken. I'm still waiting for my internet provider to contact me about a new modem.

In the mean time, I got an old modem from my sister, updated it through my HSDPA bluetooth PAN HTC Touch phone mobile network thing, so that it supported ADSL2. After 2 hours of configuring, it works again. So...my internet connection is restored, and I don't have to use the shitty wireless connection from my neighbours anymore.

I totally lost track of all things that I was doing, so that's gonna be a bit difficult startup. Also, I'm getting a 8 meter dormer on my house, so that's gonna take some time. Therefor, I'm not sure about the amount of time I can spend on Wii Projects in the upcoming months.

About new features: I saw some requests, one being alt-dol+ and one being hook type select through UI. Both are interesting, but both require the themers to change a lot. For now, no go. You can set the hook type in the ini file, and I just hope IOS Reloading gets fixed another way...

Installing to WBFS is also a known issue. Ask TeenTin
tongue.gif

We still have the cover bug on USB, and...eh...we had another one. Which I forgot, I think...

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
Well well, you guys keep following me
smile.gif

It seems that everybody is right here. Yes, I was on a holiday. When I got back, my internet connection was gone, but my modem worked. So after calling my provider, they phoned a mechanic, but that took 5 workingdays. Last friday he tested the line, and it was fine, which means that my modem is broken. I'm still waiting for my internet provider to contact me about a new modem.

In the mean time, I got an old modem from my sister, updated it through my HSDPA bluetooth PAN HTC Touch phone mobile network thing, so that it supported ADSL2. After 2 hours of configuring, it works again. So...my internet connection is restored, and I don't have to use the shitty wireless connection from my neighbours anymore.

I totally lost track of all things that I was doing, so that's gonna be a bit difficult startup. Also, I'm getting a 8 meter dormer on my house, so that's gonna take some time. Therefor, I'm not sure about the amount of time I can spend on Wii Projects in the upcoming months.

About new features: I saw some requests, one being alt-dol+ and one being hook type select through UI. Both are interesting, but both require the themers to change a lot. For now, no go. You can set the hook type in the ini file, and I just hope IOS Reloading gets fixed another way...

tongue.gif

We still have the cover bug on USB, and...eh...we had another one. Which I forgot, I think...

Wellcome back
We missed you
tongue.gif

I would love to see a bug-free version before going to new devs.
PS: I think the feature you forgot was the rebooter
tongue.gif
(going to wiiflow after exiting one game)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
r-win said:
tongue.gif

Ya Ya Ya. This is my major focus. I really hope to see this bug gets fixed in the next release, without introducing any new features.
happy.gif

century

Trophies
XP
Country
France
r0bb12 said:
I can't play MH3 (run well til welcome screen but black screen after selecting new game)
I'm using Wanin cios Rev19 (base 37)
Tried hermes V4, V5 and all ios base (37, S8, 57 or 60), but back screen or wii reboot.

I think it cause of NTFS support, I saw on other forum people with same error with NTFS.
For those how can run MH3 (or not), are you using FAT, NTFS or WBFS partition?

it works fine with hermes v4

select ios 222 and IOS reload Block must be "activated"

works with USB loader GX rev 929 and with openWiiFlow r42 (settings as above)

rolleyes.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
century said:
r0bb12 said:
I can't play MH3 (run well til welcome screen but black screen after selecting new game)
I'm using Wanin cios Rev19 (base 37)
Tried hermes V4, V5 and all ios base (37, S8, 57 or 60), but back screen or wii reboot.

I think it cause of NTFS support, I saw on other forum people with same error with NTFS.
For those how can run MH3 (or not), are you using FAT, NTFS or WBFS partition?

it works fine with hermes v4

If it was a base 37 install yes

select ios 222 and IOS reload Block must be "activated"

The game isnt a IOS Reloading game and this option would do nothing for this game

works with USB loader GX rev 929 and with openWiiFlow r42 (settings as above)

It will do with IOS 37 as base as this game needs it to run

rolleyes.gif

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello all
smile.gif

Just upgraded from r25 to r42 (haven't been following it much since Narolez dropped it back in January) and I have found a (seemingly major) bug.

I have WiiFlow set for AutoBoot in Preloader (0.29) and every time I run a game, turn off my system, and turn it back on (relaunching WiiFlow), it says "WBFS_Open: Failed"... So, I go to the Preloader menu, re-install WiiFlow r42, and then reset my Wii again, and it works again... until I play a game...

I was wondering what may be causing this... Hope someone has some insight
smile.gif

(p.s. Whoever added the cheat downloading/selecting did a good job and it fits right in with the GUI
smile.gif
)

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
Hello all
smile.gif

Just upgraded from r25 to r42 (haven't been following it much since Narolez dropped it back in January) and I have found a (seemingly major) bug.

I have WiiFlow set for AutoBoot in Preloader (0.29) and every time I run a game, turn off my system, and turn it back on (relaunching WiiFlow), it says "WBFS_Open: Failed"... So, I go to the Preloader menu, re-install WiiFlow r42, and then reset my Wii again, and it works again... until I play a game...

smile.gif

(p.s. Whoever added the cheat downloading/selecting did a good job and it fits right in with the GUI
smile.gif
)

I'm running r42 in exactly this way and I don't have any such issues, what are the partitions on your USB drive?

I have a 500Gb Drive with a 4Gb FAT partition at the front for covers etc, and the rest is a WBFS.

This could be the IOS you are using!

Plasma

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
.:Plasma:. said:
jceggbert5 said:
Hello all
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
)

I'm running r42 in exactly this way and I don't have any such issues, what are the partitions on your USB drive?

I have a 500Gb Drive with a 4Gb FAT partition at the front for covers etc, and the rest is a WBFS.

This could be the IOS you are using!

Plasma

I have a 1TB Western Digital MyBook Essentials, and I have a ~300GB WBFS at front, ~250GB FAT32 in the middle, and the rest is NTFS at the end (for computer backups)

I have Hermes cIOS v4 222 36/37 merged (I believe, might just be 36)

r25 does not do this... Haven't had time to check other revs...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users